Cisco-Linksys Wireless-G Range Expander WRE54G
|Price:||$55.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$44.99 (45%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Does not support WPA2 Encryption
- Dimensions - 1.1 x 7.4 x 6.9 in (H x W x D)
- Wireless Standard - IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g
- Security WEP - 64/128 bit WEP
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
- Brand Name: Linksys
- Model Number: WRE54G
- Hardware Platform: Pc
- Connectivity Technology: Wireless
- Network Switching Protocol: Ethernet
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Cisco-Linksys Wireless-G Range Expander WRE54G
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Greek Image||Amazon.com||THEGINKAMOS||Mediabridge Products, LLC|
|Data Transfer Rate||54 Megabits Per Second||300 Megabits Per Second||11||300 Megabytes Per Second|
|Total Lan Ports||Information not provided||1||Information not provided||4|
|Wireless Comm Standard||802 11 B||802 11 BGN||802 11 B||802 11 BGN|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
From the Manufacturer
This "relay station" or "repeater" approach saves wiring costs and helps to build wireless infrastructure by driving signals into even those distant, reflective corners and hard-to-reach areas where wireless coverage is spotty and cabling is impractical. The Range Expander is perfect to help cover large areas in multi-story homes, warehouse environments, public spaces, wireless "Hot Spots", and outdoor venues -- anywhere you need extra coverage for your wireless network.
The Wireless-G Range Expander is compatible with the Linksys WAP54G Access Point, and both the WRT54G and WRT54GS Wireless Routers. It works with both Wireless-G and Wireless-B clients so you'll get the benefits of increased coverage, even with a mixed network.
Top Customer Reviews
1-Disable WEP on your Router or AP
2-Hold the auto-configuration button for 30 seconds(if everything goes well both lights on the expander will turn blue) and unplug while still holding button. Plug back in after 10-15 secs.
3-open your Internet explorer browser and type 192.168.1.240 (default ip of expander), a window will pop up. leave the user name blank and put admin as a password (this is default password).
4-make sure that the default gateway and subnet mask settings are identical with your Router or AP,change password on the expander if desired & save settings. (all settings should be correct due to auto configuration)
5-Enable WEP on the expander, once again remember use same settings as in your Router or AP, save settings again.
6-Go to your Router or Ap settings and enable WEP. Bang you're DONE. Enjoy
Hope this helps some of you...if not call the 800 number on the box and be patient. :)
This was a very simple setup, and I am now getting 4-5 bars and 54Mbps, rather than 1 bar and 1 Mbps. It took me less than 5 minutes to set up with my Linksys wrt54g router.
One note, my router is version 6, and the firmware only goes up to 1.1, so far (I got the latest from the Linksys website, which is 1.1). The pamphlet in the expander says it only works with this Linksys router if it has 2.02 firmware or better. But, this later version of the router works great with it despite it not having the higher numbered firmware for it.
I gave it 4 stars because the instructions are so bad, and because the price is kind of high for me, even after Amazon's huge discount.
This set of instructions (found below) was used to get my setup running in 1/2 hour. I have a Linksys WRT54GS 801.b/g router with Speedbooster version 1.1 (found on the bottom of the router). This is basically the same as the WRT54G router. I am using Firmware v4.70.6, May. 26, 2005 (found in the Status area of the setup page URL 192.168.1.1 using password, "admin" to access).
This is exactly what I did to get up and running with the WRE54G ver 2 range expander:
1. Download the latest Linksys firmware for your router and WRE54G (for later use). You will need to know the version number of your router and WRE54G (found on bottom of both devices). You can get the updates at [...] Once you download the router file, you need to go to the online Router Settings page to select the file and update the router. The default URL is [...] with "admin" as the password. Go to the ADMINISTRATION tab at the top and then FIRMWARE UPGRADE. Then browse to find the file you just downloaded and hit UPGRADE.
2. While you are still in the settings, disable the wireless security that you (should have) had on your network router. This is TEMPORARY.
3. Open box and plug range extender into an AC outlet near/next to your existing router (not at the edge of your wireless network).
4. Hit the autoconfig button. I did NOT have to hold the button in for 30 seconds as others did. I just hit it once for about 1-2 seconds. I also did not unplug the WRE54G from the A/C wall outlet.Read more ›
1. The WRE54G is ONLY compatible with products having WDS (Wireless Distribution System) support. Lynksys (as of 01/20/06) only lists the following three products as compatible:
WAP54G (firmware version 2.07 or later)
WRT54G (firmware version 2.02.2 or later)
WRT54GS (firmware version 2.07.1 or later)
2. Wireless MAC filtering has no effect on clients connected through the WRE54G. There is no way to specify which MAC addresses can and cannot access the network when they are connecting through the WRE54G.
3. If you do have MAC filtering enabled on your router or access point you must enter the MAC address of the WRE54G in the "permit" list for the expander to work.
4. The range expander will reduce the transmit rate to approximately half of the original source data rate transmission.
5. If your computer has a firewall such as Zone Alarm, you need to enter the expander's IP address in the list of trusted IP addresses in the firewall in order to configure the WRE54G.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Never seemed to do much of anything. *Sitting in a box in the basement!Published 3 months ago by Shawn Etlinger
Works ok, but not great. Will experience delays and cut outs. Better off paying for a better router these days.Published 3 months ago by AdrienR
DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT UNLESS YOU LOVE BEING TORTURED THIS US THE PRODUCT FIR YOU It doesn't matter if you try the 100s of fixes given by tech support, you tube and various... Read morePublished 5 months ago by Kerfar
didn't work like expected more of a headache than anything else should take product off the market, even called support and they were no helpPublished 5 months ago by Calvin Ray Calrk
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
See the Top Rated Wireless Routers in our Wireless Router Reviews.