Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now SnS

on July 20, 2010
The switch installed instantly with zero setup. I plugged in a Cisco POE Access Point and everything worked. I have now owned this for a couple of months and it continues to work flawlessly.
11 comment5 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Hi Robert,

Thanks for the positive feedback! Glad you had relative ease setting up your SD208 Switch. We appreciate your comments!

on June 8, 2011
This is a very basic 8 port switch with 4 set for PoE. It works very well, have not had any issues with it, and was easy to set up. Not much more to say--good value for the money, well built, let's see how long it lasts.
Hi A. Carroll,

We are happy to hear you are satisfied with the SD208P! Thank you for the positive comments.

Thanks,

on June 4, 2013
Works just like advertised. Accepts and supports 8 ports from one single input. Expands the ethernet ports for office use. We have heavy network users and this puppy has a lot of data running through this switch and it has been running famously now for well over a year without any issues.

Nice product from a reputatable manufacturer. If I need to add another switch to our network - Cisco is getting the nod.
on March 2, 2013
If you have a bunch of cisco stuff, these are nice, they have 4 ports PoE and you can see all the MAC addresses behind them from a central switch for easy debugging. These Cisco switches are expensive. Excuse me, I repeated myself.
on February 15, 2012
Pro: can plug in Cisco phones and other network hardware into it, without having to setup VLAN stuff on it first.

Con: doesn't clearly label the PoE ports.

Tip: use port 8 for your input feed, since 1-4 are for PoE devices.
on November 26, 2012
I first chose a TP-Link TL-SF1008P for a lesser price. When two of the TP-Link ports went out (manufacturer defect), I upgraded to Cisco and it has performed flawlessly ever since.
on December 8, 2012
it powers our camera using POE. it's been in use for over a year and a half. no problems with this model. would buy again
on August 31, 2010
I bought this product to power Cisco PZT web cam. Nothing unexpected, no surprises. Works as promised. Some folks already noted that this product has only 4 PoE ports (I am OK with it), but it may be a cons for others.
11 comment1 of 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Evgeny,

Thanks for the positive feedback. Glad to hear you are satisfied with your SD208P

on March 26, 2012
Amazon's description of this product is misleading. It says the Cisco SP208P are 8 port Poe 10/100 but in fact only 4 of the 8 ports are POE. The switch itself works fine just is not what I needed.
on January 21, 2010
BEWARE the product information on the box and the owner's manual is a deception which indicates there are 8 PoE ports. Only after you examine the switch or read several pages into the owner's manual do you discover only 4 PoE ports and 4 regular ports. I returned it for the Trendnet TPE S44 which clearly states 4 and 4 on the ports. I saved myself $78 and am very happy with the Trendnet switch. The only reason I paid the extra money for Cisco was to get the 8 PoE ports which were not there.
44 comments13 of 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Anthony,

We're sorry that you weren't able to find the information about the PoE ports more easily. The Cisco Small Business Support Community at www.cisco.com/go/smallbizsupport is a great resource for getting your questions answered. You can also find detailed information in the data sheet at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps10007/ps10020/data_sheet_c78-530613.html

Cisco Small Business Marketing