5.0 out of 5 stars Great work phone

1.0 out of 5 stars The backlights on these phone burn out quickly
Published on March 11, 2011 by W. Paulsen

5.0 out of 5 stars Great work phone, September 16, 2011
This review is from: Cisco SPA 504G 4-Line IP Phone (Office Product)
The form factor of these phones are both visually appealing and physically comfortable to work with on a daily basis. We are using them for a Ring Central account and the setup was a breeze - even for the non-technical people. I would make one technical recommendation to purchasers: these do not come with a power supply. If you are a medium sized or larger office (not just 1 or 2 people), then I would recommend purchasing a POE switch to power the phones instead of the $15 power brick. You can then setup a backup battery for both your POE switch and office internet router/modem. This way you can centrally power everything in case of a power outage.

1.0 out of 5 stars The backlights on these phone burn out quickly, March 11, 2011
This review is from: Cisco SPA 504G 4-Line IP Phone (Office Product)
I bought 10 of these phones for a small business and within 2 weeks the backlights on the displays went dark on all the phones. I replaced two of these phone under warranty and the backlights on the replacements also failed. (Note that you need to pay for the return shipping, and Cisco charges big $ if you want them to send you a replacement first before you return your broken phone.) This is a problem Cisco obviously knows about but does not know how to fix. (And no, I did not have the backlight setting to be on all the time.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, June 29, 2012
This review is from: Cisco SPA 504G 4-Line IP Phone (Office Product)
I purchased this phone to upgrade my Linksys SPA-941. The SPA-504g does not disappoint. Keep in mind the phone may or may not come with a power supply. The phone can receive its power over the ethernet cable (PoE) if your network is so configured. Otherwise you will need the $12 power supply. I use the Linksys SPA-9000 PBX system and this phone works well with it. Since I like to manually configure my phones it took me awhile to learn how to stop the SPA-9000 from trying to auto-configure the phone. I have this phone configured for 4 extensions on different telephone providers. The headset and speakerphone audio quality is superior to the older SPA-941.

If you do not know how to provision a Voice Over IP phone you should not purchase this phone and expect to get it working without a lot of learning and time. If you are an experienced VoIP person you will feel right at home and happy with this phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Like Brand New, October 7, 2013
This review is from: Cisco SPA 504G 4-Line IP Phone (Office Product)
I purchased this exact phone over a year ago brand new from our VOIP phone company, who told us that it was better to buy from them, because the phones come with the correct software already loaded.

Well when I had to set up a new office and add phones, I decided to purchase a reconditioned/used phone and try to configure it myself.

Well, the phone looks brand new, and configuring my software took all of 5 minutes with instructions from my VOIP provider.

This phone works perfectly and is just like brand new. I'm never purchasing new again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent VOIP Phone, January 6, 2011
This review is from: Cisco SPA 504G 4-Line IP Phone (Office Product)
Love this phone. Had it for about 3 months and it works excellent. I bought it for my home office and I like it better than the one I had at the company I worked for. Not much I can say other than the calls are perfect,and everything works excellent. I use it over FIOS and have no problems whatsoever. Just plug it in and go.

But, the phone only works as good as the provider you use. I was using a voip provider called vocalocity and I got tons of problems with service cutting out. I switched to nextiva and it works awesome. Vocalocity had a much better user interface and way more features but the service was horrible and they were way too expensive. Nextiva is more plain vanilla but the service works excellent!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect IP phone!, December 18, 2013
This review is from: Cisco SPA 504G 4-Line IP Phone (Office Product)
Got it for my home-based office. Phone is PERFECT in most of the aspects! Sound quality is excellent, voice is clear and loud. Speakerphone is probably best in class!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good office VOIP phones., January 28, 2012
This review is from: Cisco SPA 504G 4-Line IP Phone (Office Product)
We are VOIP provider company and we use these phones all the time. They work great except on one occasion. If you or your clients has DSL with AT&T these phones WILL NOT work. They do not work in combination with NEtopia 3000 DSL modem. That is a default modem for AT&T DSL service and it will make your phone loose registration, restart and drop calls all they long. This was tested on over 50 businesses in the past 10 months. They just do not work.
So save your self a headache, and if you are using Netopia 3000 forget about these phones.

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
4.0 out of 5 stars Great phone - works with Asterisk and Broadvoice, September 9, 2011
This review is from: Cisco SPA 504G 4-Line IP Phone (Office Product)
Have this configured for both Broadvoice and Asterisk - works great.

Only very minor beef is that the headset port seems sensitive to ground loop hum. It's barely noticeable, but can cause the far end voice to get clipped, as the buzz is transmitted and some far end points can't contend with the full duplex nature of this. If the headset is muted, the far end becomes audible again.

I've tried two different, brand-new Plantronics headsets, with the similar hum.

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Sep 28, 2011 2:12:33 PM PDT
Hi TT,

We are happy to hear that you are satisfied with your SPA phone! We appreciate the positive feedback!

Diana
Cisco Small Business Team

3.0 out of 5 stars Need to include power cord, August 14, 2013
This review is from: Cisco SPA 504G 4-Line IP Phone (Office Product)
I purchased this phone thinking I would save a little money but ended up paying more than if I would have went through my VoIP provider. I had to purchase a separate power cord which was $14.00. I think they should tell you in the description it does not include a power cord.

1.0 out of 5 stars The SPA series Phones have a Fatal Defect, October 29, 2013
B. Kim (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cisco SPA 504G 4-Line IP Phone (Office Product)
I worked on a VOIP installation using these phones which were selected due to Cicso's reputation for quality.

The issue with this phone is if you use this phone as a receptionist phone you will quickly find out it has a serious design defect.

When a caller (Call A) calls the business reception picks up.

Reception then proceeds to make a transfer by pressing the "x-fer" soft button and the extension. (This is a assisted transfer so reception is still on the line and tells the internal transfer person who is calling and that they are going to transfer now)

Before reception hist the "x-fer" button again, a 2nd call comes in (caller B). (Normally the process is completely when you hit the X-fer button again).

The issue is that the new incoming call causes the "x-fer" soft key to disappears and there is no way to complete the transfer w/o ignoring or answer the incoming call first.

This is a terrible design defect. One that Cisco seems to ignore. So do some digging on this issue before you invest in these phones. The only solution I have found is buy a different brand of phone.

Before you say just assign the "x-fer" button as a permanent key, we tried. It is not an option. Silly, Silly, Silly.

Other than that I thought the phones were pretty decent. But this flaw makes it useless for our front desk.

My calls to Cisco have been ignored because our phones are now a couple months out of warranty. So be warned you have the warranty period to find their design defects before they will not do anything for you.

Cisco SPA 504G 4-Line IP Phone