Most helpful positive review
19 of 19 people found the following review helpful
So far, amazin.
on July 27, 2012
So bought this phone about 1 week ago. I have a small business and use a cudatel phone server (also VERY highly recommended). I have used polycom 550 phones and polycome 335's for the past 7 months. They are solid, but quite boring looking. They also did not seem to have good quick dial features and are not the most user friendly.
Given that the cudatel server looked like it might support this phone, I jumped on it. My experience below:
1. Price: Great! You get a professional looking VOIP feature filled phone for decent price. (approx 200)
2. Configuration: Good. Took tech support for cudatel to help me on this one. I needed to provision the phone to the server and it takes a quick script in a browser. You need to know the phones IP address and the server IP address. ie, you might need a bit of help with this one if you are not VERY adept with networking and phone servers etc.
3. Features: AWESOME! Quickdial? YES! Custom picture on screen? YES! Multiple lines? YES!
4. Quality of voice: is perfect. Just as good as polycom for sure.
5. Speaker phone is also with good microphone.
6. Screen: SHARP! MUCH better than polycom color 550 screen.
Overall: Very Happy. Will update with more info as I use it more.
To address concerns with other reviews.
1. No power cord...IT'S A POE (power over ethernet) PHONE! Don't expect power adapter. It's actually designed to not have a power adapter, but get it's power and communications all from one cord. ie declutter.
Pickup a POE Adapter on amazon if you do not have a POE switch. If you are not sure, you need a poe adapter.
2. I do not have any hookswitch problems. Looks like solid construction to me, but time will tell.
3. Voice quality: Can be due to multiple issues, especially your VOIP provider, your internal network, and your internet connection. Voice quality on this phone is just fine in my opinion.
4. No docs: you can download from internet. Configuration with my cudatel was not self explanatory, but now that I know how to do it, I'll be able to do it on my own.
5. bluetooth, and wifi: I have not tried these features.
Some downsides I did notice:
1. When I reboot the phone from server, I did loose some personalized settings such as quickdial settings. Easily fixed, but mildly annoying.
6 month update: I continue to be very pleased with these phones and have bought several more for the biz. They are running strong after 6 mos of good abuse. Voice quality is rock solid. Continue to be very happy and highly recommend.