Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on August 16, 2011
This is a great router. I paid much more for it than what is offered for today (only $21 for a refurb!), 5 times to be exact, but I would pay full price again if I had to for this excellent router. It is nearly as plug-and-play as you can get with a router that sets up security and has easy access for you and any guests you want to add. I had heard from others how wonderful it was and am not to be disappointed. Recently I bought a new computer and had some setting it up as I had some issues with my Internet provider, but Cisco's customer service was fast and fixed the minor issue within just a few minutes. Once you set the router up to on your computer you will use a USB "key" that programs any satellite devices to work with the router. Voila! You are connected. You can tell the router how many devices you want it to connect to to reduce the risk of unwanted intrusion. It sets up a unique password for your router system, gives it a name (which you can alter if you want), secure passwords, and secure lines.
on August 22, 2011
I got this router to use more as an extender and access point. It functions very easily and took literally 2 minutes to set up. Opened the box, and I thought it was brand new. Had a plastic wrap on top of the unit and everything.

Now here is my problem with the router:
1) The signal will literally disappear if I move about 15 feet away. I checked other reviews for the non refurbished one and it seems like this is a common issue
2)The unit gets super hot after staying on for only about 15 minutes.

I definitely recommend shopping around some more if you need a router that provides a signal more than 15 feet. Possibly, my unit is refurbished and therefore does not work as well, but due to other reviewers comments, I think it is just due to the fact that this router kind of sucks.
on September 15, 2011
This reconditioned Valet arrived with zero instructions. My search led me to several YouTube videos that show how easy it is to set the Valet up. Unfortunately, my first attempt to set up the Valet router failed because the software provided on the USB key was for a different product (the Cisco "Connector"). I then searched for Cisco Valet, and easily found a support download page, but I couldn't select the needed software because I first had to specify whether I had Version 1 or Version 2. Also on that page was a link to a support chat session, so I tried that. The person on that chat line was knowledgeable and helpful. She told me that the M-10 Valet is Version 1 unless it says Version 2 on the back. She pointed me to the correct software and told me to save it to the computer because the computer would save it to the USB stick with the proper settings after I completed setup. With the correct software, the setup proceeded flawlessly, and it gave a great wireless connection at close range. I will try testing the range limits later, but for now I am happy that it worked OK at the close range of a few feet. There is also a firmware upgrade available on the Cisco Valet support page, but I will pass on that unless I run into problems later. The Valet manual (also downloaded from the Cisco support page) says I can disable the SSID Broadcast (for better security), but I have not yet found the way to do that.

Overall, this router lives up to its promise of easy setup (once you get the correct software), and I am happy with it.
During a recent storm a tree hit a transformer, and my electricity went out for two hours. When electricity was restored, my internet was non-functioning. Working with my internet provider, I purchased a new modem and was able to connect to my internet. However, my router must have been destroyed during the outage, no wifi available. I had my Cisco Valet for four years,and absolutely loved it. I wanted another. For some reason the advanced Valet is over $100. I found this refurbished Valet on Amazon with very strong ratings. I purchased it and waited for shipment.

The Cisco Valet arrived. It was in a sealed box just as my old one had been. I took everything out, inserted the Quick Start USB into my computer and within 4 minutes I was set. I then set up my iPad, my iPhone and my Kindle. This is the quickest, easiest router I have used. It is so convenient and so useful. I have only superlatives in discussing this product. For a little over $25, I had wifi almost instantaneously. I have recommended this Cisco Valet to everyone I know, and will now recommend the refurbished product.

Highly Recommended. prisrob 03-24-14
on December 9, 2013
Wow what a great deal this is. My folks live in a cottage built behind our house and when we built the cottage we ran ethernet from the main house. When we decided to give mom the Ipad she needed wireless so I found this. I have a Cisco Valet as well so was familiar with the setup. This unit is very powerful. I can pick up her wireless signal at the main house. They are very slick looking too, if that matters. Very satisfied. Oh and it looked like brand new.
on March 12, 2014
Was looking for a inexpensive but good router and found this. I'm glad I did. It produces a good signal through the house and I don't have to worry about a bad connection. Cisco is a good brand and makes good products
on September 12, 2011
Wanted to replace and old G speed router and get myself up to N. This was on sale so I made the leap. It comes with a usb drive that is supposed to set it up for you. I own a mac and it didint work- so it says t call Cisco to help setup. That took about 20 minutes (the tech support asks you a bunch of demographic data mining questions before he gets around to solving your problem). What I didnt realize was that I could have done it myself using the old 192.168.1 etc. address in the router. Ultimately thats what I did, got the network secured and router is running great.
on August 19, 2014
got this for my sister who has disabilities i bought this for my inlaws as well
needed something that was minimal maintenance always up and easy set up
ok not as sophisticated as my airport time capsule but we are dealing with
near technophobia with my sister and my inlaws---it better work or i get grief and headaches trying to fix remotely
so it better work. also bought refurbished great price, simple set up
no down time
i didn't use the disk i set up from my laptop as other cisco routers i have had in the past
on February 17, 2014
I'm using it right now to stream my movies, run two laptops and my sons smart tv. This router is great, I've actually replaced one I was using with the exact same one, this one is refurbished; but works just as well. No problems so far and it's been about a year now.
on November 28, 2011
i purchased this item to be able to connect my xbox 360 for online gaming and the signal kept dropping. I followed the instructions and tried trouble shooting and no success. I have since returned the router and purchased the wrt160 by cisco. It works like a charm, i would suggest you spend a little more and get a higher end router