Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

87%
13%

on January 10, 2013
My 7 year old is obsessed with all things army. Being a non-violent peace loving household my husband and I are doing what we can to continue to encourage creative, natural play and let him work through this phase. He loves his little green army men, and already uses our big hardwood blocks to build elaborate forts for them. I have wanted to get a set of blocks like these for a while now, and when I saw these in Camo colors I knew they would be perfect for building with the army men, and they are! The scale is just right, and he jumped right into building forts and buildings for his tiny "army." The color palette is really nice, and would be a great addition to any existing sets you may have, and do not necessarily need to be army as the green and brown tones are nice natural colors for making wooded scenes and whatnot. There is one mint green color that is a bit bright and I was a little turned off at first, but after seeing them next to one another it works. They are really easy to stack and make simple structures with no real guidance. The "lean-to" style forts he is making look quite realistic actually with the little men. We have not really tried to design any of the fancy models they show you in the pamphlet, but we will work our way towards that when he shows interest. This is what we love about simple blocks....no rules or complex instructions to follow. We do love our Lego's too, and we paired these with some really cool "Lego style" army vehicle models made by Sluban. But of course these require you to sit with him and assist, while I can just hand him his Citiblocs and army men and let him create on his own. Bottom line, these amazing and simple little blocks allowed us to give our son a toy that he would think was cool and that we knew would be good for him. And when the army thing has faded away they will still be great blocks to play with. Oh, and my 2 year old is equally interested in them and they are safe and fun for him too!
on March 1, 2016
Bought these after buying the natural colored set for Christmas and because my boys loved them. I have a regular set of bulky wood blocks and these add some new ways to build that you can't do with the big blocks.They are very light and much more thin and narrow than normal kids blocks but that's the reason I wanted them, for some variety. Probably not as good for tiny toddlers. :)
on January 17, 2012
We are pretty big fans of these blocks. This was our third set purchased to add to our collection. Great for all ages.
on March 14, 2013
We bought this product for our Grandchildren and they love it. It does help them to be creative and use their minds for different projects. Thanks for a great toy.!!!
on December 26, 2013
Great set! My kids already have the Kapla blocks and we wanted some more. Matches up to the original Kapla perfect. I also like the colors, we bought 3 sets!
on January 14, 2013
Well-crafted out of wood. If you liked Lincoln Logs as a child, your child or grandchildren will love this quality toy.
on January 13, 2013
These blocks are durable and my child loves making structures from them! Colors are great and she enjoys hours of fun!
on June 22, 2014
Horrible. Just small sticks of wood painted. Would be ok if you had traditional wooden blocks and you could add these to them, but if these are your only blocks forget them.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse