4.0 out of 5 stars A BIG BOY WATCH
Published on January 2, 2011 by FloridaFellow

3.0 out of 5 stars Great watch for this price point
I own this watch it is a great watch at this price point at first I did not like this watch but then I changed out the leather strap for a rubber one and I wear this every day. It is basically the same as my old Casio
that I wore for 7 yrs that started to rust inside. I paid $220 at Macys so this is an amazing deal.
Change the strap and you will like this...
Published on December 8, 2012 by C.Reed(Hardliner,FL,NJ,PA)

4.0 out of 5 stars A BIG BOY WATCH, January 2, 2011
This review is from: Citizen Men's AT0810-12E Eco-Drive Stainless Steel and Leather Watch (Watch)
APPEARANCE: Very attractive. ECO-DRIVE: Full charge within 24 hours; has remained fully charged since. TIMEKEEPING: +5 seconds/month. OTHER CONSIDERATIONS: (1) The bezel is brightly polished and is susceptible to scratching with even occasional casual-dress wear. (2) While I realize that many watch wearers prefer a watch with significant "heft," I believe other reviewers have been quite tolerant about the weight of the watch. I'm 5'10", 175 lbs. with decent muscle mass and I don't find this watch particularly comfortable to wear for hours at a time because of its weight. The 22mm strap helps distribute the weight, but the relatively small footprint (wristprint?) of the watch and the thickness of the watch tend to yield a significant ounces-per-square-inch of wrist contact factor.

That having been said, this is an extremely attractive, accurate, Citizen Eco-Drive. That will be the deal-maker for those who choose to live with the weight of the watch.

And one suggestion: This model is in abundant supply in the United States. If one will shop carefully he will find deep discounts on this watch. With regards to all other Citizen-lovers, --Ron

UPDATE 02-04-2011: I've tried several bands and bracelets on this watch and have settled on a Hadley-Roma jubilee-style solid-link bracelet. The watch is still heavy, but now it's "comfortably heavy," if I can get anyone to buy into that description. --Ron

5.0 out of 5 stars A handsome straightforward aviator-style watch, December 24, 2009
This watch is designed just the way I like it. Simple and elegant, yet it smacks of quality. This watch is not small. It's big, bold, and easy to read. Using stainless steel and a thick front crystal, this watch is not lightweight either and you will feel its weight as you wear it. With that said, this watch is not "big and gaudy", nor is it too heavy. I consider it to be a "standard size aviator style watch" and I think it's just the right size, weight, and look. Unlike many black-face watches, there are no red or yellow highlights on this watch which makes it a little more dressy and less sporty than similar watches. The numbers and date window and inner dials are easy enough to read. There is a very handy stopwatch feature which is simple to use and fun to play with. The outer rotating bezel requires strong fingers to rotate it and it only rotates in one direction which makes it very unlikely to get bumped around. The leather strap is thick enough and wide enough to handle the weight. I much prefer leather to metal for compfort reasons.

Cons: The second hand doesn't move. Instead, the second hand only rotates when using the stopwatch feature. Citizen opted to use one of the inner dials to indicate the seconds for the current time. This is a minor nit-pick and it just takes some getting used to. When you first look at the watch, you are inclined to think it is not running (when it is). I wish this watch would indicate the day of the week.

I can't comment on the eco-drive feature, but it seems like a good idea. If this watch runs for more than two years without a battery change, then I will be happy. The owner's manual says this watch will run in complete darkness for 6 months before the batteries fail and then you can simply rechange the watch with exposure to artifical or natural light. Sounds great on paper.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great watch., September 28, 2010
I have owned this watch for a year now and really like it a lot. It was a big step up for me in terms of quality and style. It has a very nice solid feel to it, a certain substantial heft, but not heavy. The strap is nicely detailed and has a very attractive white contrasting stitching along the sides. The dial is rich with information and details, that I still stare at occasionally even a year later. I find that it's very well made and designed. It fits the role of business casual and weekend dress watch very well. The luminosity when fully charged is very nice, still bright after several hours in the dark. It's also very easy to read day or night.
It is not perfect however, to be very nitpicky the date window is small and a little too deep, which makes reading it difficult on occasion. It must be fairly level to read well. Also the large second hand is tied to the chronograph feature and the small second hand (near the 6'oclock position) is used for the actual seconds. It was a little odd at first and took some time to get used to but the design makes sense. If I am timing anything I would not be very accurate with the small second hand dial but can be fairly accurate with the larger dial. Also the large second hand doesn't line up perfectly with the hash marks around the dial. It is only off by a tiny fraction and is only noticeable if you are a perfectionist.
These things do not take away from the overall impressions that I have, but they need to be mentioned so you would know exactly what you are purchasing. Overall I really like the watch and the Eco-Drive feature is big plus. Its nice not to have to worry about batteries as the one in this watch is rechargeable. It also keeps very accurate time. Mine is about +/- 3 seconds a month.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm quite pleased., November 23, 2013
Wheels "Vern" (San Diego, Calif.) - See all my reviews
A great time piece, especially given Amazons price.

The watch is substantial, its weight consistent with a well-made divers watch, contrasting a watch(es) Far more expensive than $200. I've received Many compliments nearly all commenting on the "heft" when asking to hold it.
Mine was purchased Feb 2011; maintains good time, has been free from failure, the crystal and case are scratch-free and the strap has held equally well.
It can be comfortably worn in a pub, sitting across from a prospective client or while sweating during a lunchtime run.
The watch isn't a Swiss Automatic but the buyer isn't being asked to spend $3k as its Swiss contemporary would require. If you like what you see when you "zoom-in" on the watch face, you'll be Exceptionally Pleased once in-hand.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice watch, easy to use and comfortable to wear, December 23, 2012
msp (RTP, NC, USA) - See all my reviews
Like a few other reviews, I would recommend reading the manual first so you understand how to operate and how it works. I was a bit disappointed that it did not come with atleast a small micro-fiber cleaning cloth that could have been included for such a precious watch at this price. Come on Citizen, don't just sell a watch.
I have been using it every workday for 2+ months now and like it very much. So far, a couple of my co-workers have complimented me for the watch. I think the watch was noticeable only when I was wearing full sleeved dress shirt (blue) if that helps to know how to wear it :) ..may be it was just me.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, August 15, 2012
Great product. My husband always loved the citizen eco drive and I wanted to give him a new style. This is a great watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Looks, Great Functionality, February 23, 2014
I bought this watch because it resembles the classic "aviator's watches" of the 1960's. I've had it for a year now and it's still going strong!

Pros:
.Very Stylish-This watch screams "I'm a Pilot!" while sitting on your wrist.
.Eco-Drive-I have yet to have any issues with the battery on this watch. I do live in Texas though so I don't have to worry about lack of sunlight. Charges with artificial light just as well though.
.Both A Rotating Bezel And A Chronograph-Yes, I am a dork who occasionally needs to use both a rotating bezel and a chronograph to time two different things.

Cons:
.Weight-Somewhat heavy and bulky
.Chronograph-I wish for the price this watch would have a better chronograph. It only times up to one hour and seems kind of flimsy.
.24 Hour Dial Cannot Be Adjusted-I wish the 24 hour dial could be independently adjusted so one could display dual time (i.e. local and zulu time).

Overall, I would say that wearing this watch is more useful as a statement that one is a pilot rather than an actual useful tool for pilots. It will still win you style points though!

-For a good "hack watch" that can be used in the cockpit check out the Timex Expedition (http://www.amazon.com/Timex-Expedition-Watch/product-reviews/B0058DCWSC/ref=cm_cr_pr_hist_5?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addFiveStar&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what he wanted., December 29, 2012
I purchased the watch as a gift for my fiance. It's no Breitling, which he had last, but he loves it. Apparently, it's comfortable enough to sleep with since he hasn't taken it off for a week.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Watch, May 13, 2013
MVine "Vinosaur" (North Central, IL) - See all my reviews
I like this watch. I don't like the band. I don't have large wrists, and found the band to be too short. Also, the date numeral is difficult to see. Watch keeps good time, and I love the charging feature of the eco-drive system.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Watch, February 18, 2013
Rk (Madison,WI) - See all my reviews
Very nice watch and very attractive. It looks more polished than what it appears in the display image. It is little heavier than the regular watches (NOT bulky), but still very comfortable. I haven't used this watch for long time, but as of now it works great. Eco-drive is great!!!