Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Citizen Men's AT1180-05E Chronograph Eco Drive Watch
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on May 23, 2012
I love watches but can never bring myself to spend more than a few hundred dollars on one. This obviously isn't the watch you want if you're looking for a collector's item or generational heirloom, but Citizen is a respected brand for practical, low-cost, high quality timepieces. Citizen is personally my favorite brand, primarily due to the Eco-Drive system. I own several Eco-Drive watches and love that I never have to think about the battery!

Looks-wise, this is a nice medium-sized watch that is not too bulky and feels nice and light. It never gets in the way. It works well with casual clothing and dresses up nice too. It is a pleasure to look at!

Something to note -- and this is not necessarily a negative point -- but one should know that the face is quite "shimmery". That is to say that each component of the face is raised, polished, and has beveled edges so when it moves in the light you get jewel-like effects, most notably so on the hour markers. It looks nice (and you may actually want this!) but typically I prefer a matte face on chronograph-type watches.

All in all, I am very happy with it and give it 4 out of 5!
on December 30, 2011
I bought this watch for Christmas and I have to say its beautiful watch looks stunning when the light shines on the dials and numbers. If your worried about the looks in real life dont be it looks better than the picture and its extremely comfortable the band is thick and smooth. For the price I dare anybody to find a nicer looking watch thats just as reliable as this light powered beauty. BTW the watch is perfect size not real big at 42mm but bold enough to get noticed.
on July 31, 2012
I own a number of Citizen watches and I consider the company to be a reliable, quality watchmaker. Based on past experience I purchased this timepiece. Unfortunately, this watch does not live up to my other Citizens. I found the chronograph buttons to be tinny--very flimsy--which did not bode well for the future. More importantly to me, I discovered that the chronograph comes to a complete halt--i.e., all counters, including the minute and second counters on the chronograph--stop completely once 30 minutes is up. Since I am often timing activities--e.g., walking, jogging, etc.--that go on for more than 30 minutes, I rely upon my chronograph to continue timing after 30 minutes. So this defect in the design made the watch useless to me and I am in the process of returning it. (I note that this curious feature--that the chronograph completely stops once 30 minutes has been reached--is not disclosed in the item description from the manufacturer, which is unfortunate.)
on June 21, 2016
Very good quality watch. Good materials. Very precise. The only thing I do not like about this watch is that I don't use it every day because it is kinda formal, So it looses it's power and every time I wanna use it I have to readjust the time. And I really don't like that I consider it a waste of time. I will not be buying any other "eco drive" watch any time soon.
on August 1, 2012
This watch is a beauty. I first saw it on a cruise ship, but didn't want to spend the money. I found the watch again on Amazon. First it was $249.00 - still way to expensive, then the price dropped to $179.00. That is the same as the cruise ship cost. I was sold. Keeps excellent time. Has a good weight to it and looks nice. I wasn't sure I would like the wide band. It's wider than I'm used to, but now I find I prefer it. Feels good on once I got used to the weight and larger band. It feels like a professional watch as opposed to my amateur Timex.I must say I do like the Timex Indiglo light on the face of the watch, but I wanted something with a more mature look to it.
on September 6, 2012
Love Eco Drive watches for all the familiar reasons, like why depend on batteries when there is a thing called the sun. It works well, not too may tricked out features. Looks great many compliments on the watch, without even telling someone I had just purchased it. Looks good with casual dress as well as when I am in a suit in front of customers.
on December 28, 2011
I purchased this watch from amazon recently. The purchase went smoothly and the watch is simply stunning. It looks elegant and classy. looks good on formal as well as casual wear.
on September 9, 2012
This is a great watch. Not too flashy and still looks quite elegant and is also very practical. No need to have a battery changed every so often. Amazon have been great as well and it's a good site to buy from and quite fast on delivery, considering i'm in Australia, it only took 3 weeks to arrive from the time it was shipped!
on September 21, 2012
Love it. Simple, stylish, functional and overall just very classy. I have to say, as I've heard from other Citizen watch wearers, the band is a little on the short side, but it's hardly a deal breaker. Overall I love it. The eco-drive is awesome.
on August 22, 2012
this watch is excellent. It was better than I expected. It seems a very expensive watch. Don't pay so much money for expensive watches.Also the leather was pretty soft.everyone looks two times my watch:) thanks citizen.