5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice!
My wife gave me this watch as an anniversary present. I had been eyeing it for a while.

Published on July 19, 2012 by Pianoman

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy if you live in Canada
I purchased this watch last week in a store in Quebec City, and it simply did not work. Why?

The only signal station for North America is located in Denver, Colorado, and has a reception range of APPROXIMATIVELY 3000kms. Even though Quebec is located at 2800kms from Denver, the watch never, not a single time, received a radio signal. And yet, this watch is for...
Published 21 months ago by Penny Essex

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice!, July 19, 2012
This review is from: Citizen Men's AT4004-52E "Perpetual Chrono A-T" Two-Tone Stainless Steel Watch (Watch)

This is a beautiful watch and feels very well made. I live in Virginia, and it still received the radio signal very well. The watch is set to automatically re-set itself with the radio signal at 2:00 every morning. Most mornings, it receives with a high signal strength. (Do not try to update during the day if you're not near Denver. The signal travels better at night.

If you need to manually set the watch, you will be lost without the manual; however, Citizen has a great website and includes a CD with the watch to walk you through setting the watch if you need to do it yourself.

My only criticism of the watch is that you need to pull out the crown and rotate it to set the watch in chrono mode. I would prefer to have a chrono start button so this function is a little easier. There also is not a 1/20 second chrono dial, so you have to round to the second.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beauty, function and bulletproof., November 10, 2013
GWH "Power Reader" (Sunny Florida, USA) - See all my reviews
First off, I am not normally impressed by watches. That said, I saw this one and fell in love with it.
I did not order this one from Amazon (one of the few times I have bought elsewhere). Why? I bought it from an authorized dealer for $120 less than the Amazon price.
Here's the scoop on this timepiece:
1. It is HEAVY. The stainless steel construction is substantial.
2. It is gorgeous. The silver and gold tone band and case, and the black face with the gold hands and dials is simply stunning. I also looked at a similar watch in black, but any scratches in the band would show as silver...that would detract from the beauty of the watch.
3. It is accurate, and never requires attention once it is set, unless you change time zones. How accurate? To within 1 second every million years accurate. No attention? Nope. It gets all its information from the Atomic Clock in Colorado via radio signal, updated nightly. Date, day of week, daylight savings time...all are adjusted automatically for you. How cool is that?
4. It will never need a battery. The Eco-Drive is solar powered, by both sunlight and artificial light. And it stores 270 days (9 months) of charge in reserve. Unless you plan to be trapped in a coal mine for longer than 9 months, this watch will never run out of charge.
5. It is LARGE. My wrist measures 8 1/2" around, and the watch fits perfectly. Is your wrist even larger? Citizen will send you up to 3 additional links within 30 days of purchase absolutely free. They don't even ask for postage.
6. Warranty. The warranty is 5 years, but if you register the warranty, Citizen extends it to 6 years. And you can register it online.
7. Night use. I really like this feature. The watch does not have a light, but the "glow in the dark" feature is the best I have ever seen. The number positions and the hands glow. The 3 sub-dials do not. What you nave are 12 glowing marks around the outer circumference of the dial, and glowing hands. It is extremely easy to read in a dark room (or outside). And as a bonus, the glow lasts all night long. I have never owned a watch that did that. (My Seiko watches all went dark within 2 hours or thereabouts.)
8. The bracelet is an ingenious design. You squeeze both sides of the clasp, and the clasp releases. Nothing to get bent, loosen or fail.
9. Water resistant to 660.' You can wear this one in the shower or while swimming. Just don't push any of the buttons under water.
10. Did I mention this watch is GORGEOUS?

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch for the Money, December 27, 2011
This watch feels like a watch that cost 3 times it's price. Having a tag day link watch that cost 3200.00. This is the watch that I wear everyday. I love opening up a Eco-drive watch for the first time and watching it set the time on it's own. Very easy to set to desired time zone. This is a beautiful watch and a very large face, which I prefer. Good job....

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Watch For Your Money, September 13, 2013
This watch is so accurate that it has not been off one second in the past year that I have owned it! I love the movement so much that I bought another Limited Edition Atomic Time(AT)Eco-Drive similar to this one that is gold plated with a black face and crocodile band. I marvel at the fact that both watches are synchronized by the radio control to tell the exact same time, right down to the ticking second hand, when placed side by side. I have a hard time deciding which one to wear each day because both watches are flawlessly beautiful and function perfectly. I took both of them to wear on a caribbean cruise this year and I searched for expensive duty free watches in Grand Cayman and Cozumel, such as Tag, Breitling, and Rolex, that I thought would have impressed me more than these, and I'll tell you the truth, you have to get into the $10,000 range to find anything better than these Citizens. This watch and any of the other Citizen watches that have the E650 movement are the best watches for your money. The Eco-Drive power is built in and the accurate time is updated every night. You can own several Citizen AT watches for the price of just one of the expensive ones, and never worry about battery replacements or frequent tune-ups for automatic watches. You will love it too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Timepiece!, December 7, 2012
Runs perfect and has all the latest features! I am glad I chose this particular watch... Arrived really quickly also!

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Watch, February 27, 2013
I have just purchased the Citizen AT4004-52e watch after looking at it for some time.
I have now got one and am I pleased.What a great watch it is very good looking smart
without looking flash,good weight and size.I already have a number of Citizen watches
but this is the best.I love the Eco-Drive and radio timing.All in all I am delighted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!!!, July 13, 2012
Bought this watch for my husband for Father's Day. My husband loves watches but this one is his favorite by far. Ever since I gave it to him...he doesn't wear any of his other watches. Its a beautiful watch and you never have to worry about batteries. I researched many watches before choosing this one and I definitely made the right choice. The picture doesn't do it justice!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing piece of technology!!, March 7, 2014
I have only had watch one week but thus far i love everything about it. Watch is heavy but i have been wearing a Seiko kinetic for 16 years so am used to a heavy one. Watch is very attractive and looks like much more expensive than it is. I like all the features and am amazed at all the functions it will perform. The only criticism i have are setting instructions or lack thereof,even when going to their website on line they are not clear and i had to call the help line. It would sure help if they would list what to expect when watch is going through all the automatic stuff after it has been set such as when wearing long sleeves and pull it up to see the time the second hand spins around,i found out this is because it goes into power saving mode when there is no light also minute hand moves in 15 second increments and this is normal but just two of the things that led me to think i had a defective watch. As for durability only time will tell but at this time it is a remarkable timepiece and would recommend to anyone. In my opinion the atomic watch is superior to the swiss made!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely in love with this watch, March 22, 2013
Solar powered and atomic radio controlled, I absolutely love it. When I first got it, it was completely dead. I had to let it sit in direct sunlight for a couple hours before it came to life. Once it did it automatically set itself and everything worked perfect. I used the Citizen Watch Band Sizing Tool to adjust the wrist strap to fit properly. It was a little tricky, but not too hard to do. I've gotten a ton of compliments on this watch. A very nice piece.

5.0 out of 5 stars You can pay more money but you won't get more watch!, March 16, 2013
This is an incredible Watch. It's looks, feel and functionality will match any Omega, Breitling or Rolex. The build quality is outstanding and the design is elegant! The size and weight are absolutely perfect! If you buy a Citizen, you can spend more money for a watch but you can't buy more watch for your money! I highly recommend the Citizen watch brand and especially this particular model. It's a fantastic time piece!

Rate and Discover Movies