‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Best watch I have EVER owned., December 18, 2013
This review is from: Citizen Men's AT9010-28F "World Time A-T Limited Edition" Stainless Steel Eco-Drive Watch with Leather Band (Watch)
I have owned everything from an automatic Hamilton to a high-end G-Shock, and without a doubt, my World-Time A/T is the most functional and best looking watch I have ever owned.

5.0 out of 5 stars My first Limited addition piece of jewelry, February 12, 2014
This watch is AMAZING it was designed with me in mind. I was looking for a leather band watch; I've always owned stainless steel, but this one takes the cake. At first I was sceptical about the orange accents, but that's the difference maker!!! It's very simple and different; as mentioned. it's definitely an eye catcher for sure! You can dress it up or even wear it with jeans and sweats without any concerns about if its going to match your outfit. I can't wait until all 2500 are sold to see if the demand and/or value will increase. #StayTuned

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth way more.., December 28, 2013
I own many very expensive watches, from Omega to Tag...etc This is my first Citizen and I didn't expect much of this watch, I got it because it was limited. Am I glad I was wrong. This is a very nice time piece, presented in a nice box with a plastic card certificate and you time piece number. There are only 2500 made, I got 14 of 2500. I see it as investment, this watch is super nice, when they are all gone, I bet you anything any watch collector would want this beauty in their collection. Plus it would be super hard to get. If you can get it, get it, you will love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars This Is A Beautifully Designed Watch, December 8, 2014
This watch is a work of art. I bought the AT9010-52E and was so impressed with it that I went back and snatched up the Limited Edition (28F) with the leather band. Besides the band and clasp, the watch also has some distinguishing points to set it apart from the 52E. Primarily, the hour marks are orange (white on the 52E), the bezel is brushed stainless steel (polished on the 52E), and the date window is reversed on the 28F, meaning the background is black and the number is white (black number and white background on the 52E). All other functions on the 28F are identical to the 52E. The limited edition run is 2500. As I said in my review of the 52E, contrary to description the watch is NOT designed for scuba diving. Both the 52E and the 28F are water resistant to 20 atmospheres and are suitable for free diving and swimming. But with the beautiful leather band it comes with, why would you want to wear it in the water?

All the features operate as they should and tolerances are very precise. It is a wonderful thing to not ever have to change a battery or set the time. Get it. Wear it. Love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Watch, Painful Wristband!, July 7, 2014
Amazon Customer (Tustin, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This is a very, very attractive watch. I have received many compliments on the watch. It should not be confused with a technical watch like Casio G-Shock w/ many bells and whistles, however, if you want a beautiful watch without sacrifices. (you get world time, atomic clock, solar, etc...), this is the watch for you.

One note, as other reviewers have noted this has a croc skin band with a clip mechanism built in. It is the kind of clip that you would normally get with a stainless steel band. Very unique and functional except... except that it keeps digging into my inner wrist, hurts when I have my wrist on my desk (as when I'm typing on my keyboard) and now it hurts less because (I think) I've developed some callouses there, but it was very uncomfortable for a couple of weeks.

I was ready to order a replacement stainless steel band which would not have been as attractive as the original croc skin band, but alas... However, I got used to the pain before I ordered the replacement band. YMMV!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful product!, June 4, 2014
I love clocks and watches.... even as they're replaced to an extent by smart phones, for example, I still like to have them around.....

Clocks, such as those with old-fashioned chimes, can evoke long-ago memories. Or, they can bring a sense of continuity with the past--not a bad thing when our rapidly moving digital technologies may connect us to the world, while attenuating our ties to home and family and friends....

Watches can play a similar role. Some aspects of the "World Time A-T Limited Edition" are classic. They might have been done 20 or 50 or 100 years ago. Yet the overall quality and technology is 21st century all the way.

The circumference of this watch is beautifully engraved with the names of major cities, linked to their respective time zones. Along with the beautiful renderings of the earth on the dial, these are constant reminders of distant connections.

This Citizen limited edition timepiece also has up-to-date, serviceable features. The radio-controlled time-keeping works well. The features, such as the second dial for a second time zone, are relatively simple, intuitive enough to control and well displayed. It also has an alarm, a stopwatch, etc. This is a watch a traveller will value. Unlike so many watches with all manner of features, the relative simplicity here means that one may actually use them.

The battery of the "EcoDrive" is replenished by exposure to light. Apparently this means outdoor or indoor light, natural or artificial. My experience after a few days is that this works well.

The band is lovely, a perfect accompaniment to a fine timepiece. It is high-quality leather with a clip mechanism. If you're new to this type of band, as I was, you may want to do an online search for how to set it to your wrist size. I readily found that information. If you don't locate it for some reason, one expects any jewelry store can show you. It's quite easy once you know what to do (isn't everything?!)

Some Amazon.com reviewers expressed the view that the band was insufficiently large for a man. My wrists are conventional male sized, and I have no quarrel about the sizing. It seems fine. I suppose if one has unusually large wrists, there may be an issue, but that would appear to be a general question, applying to most if not all manufactured watches. [it may also be that there has been more than one iteration of this model, so the differing experiences may be apples and oranges].

The watch has a strong warranty. It can be activated online. There are, apparently, differential arrangements for watches purchased before September 2013 in this model, so one may want to examine that as appropriate.

Overall, I give this watch high marks It's beautiful, durable, well-designed, and has up-to-date technology. Appropriate for a "limited edition," it comes in packaging well suited for a keepsake or a gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome - gorgeous watch, July 30, 2014
Update: This is absolutely a Five Star watch. I have had tons of comments and how amazing the watch looks! The clasp issue took a couple of days to get used to and now is a non-issue. One item worth noting is that for me, living in NoCal, I could not do a forced time synch with the Colorado transmitter. I looked online and the optimum time for a signal is close to midnight. I left the watch on the counter and the next morning it indicated a successful synch. Oh, and the box along with engraved limited edition plate is fantastic.

The other reviewers have said it all, this is a gorgeous, extremely functional watch. With regard to the band, it does run on the small side but works for me on the largest hole. The problem it does have, is the clasp sticks in on the inside of the band 1/8" If you sit a desk as I do, you end up with a big imprint and associated pain where the clasp contacts the inside of your wrist. It would have been five stars except for that. I'm a watch junkie, Omega's, Tags and several Citizens. I may have to send this one back or save it for dress occasions only, not a daily driver.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Watch, but the band is kinda short, March 7, 2014
Every review I've read about this watch is positive and I agree, it's tough, pretty and extremely functional. The only issue (for me) is - as another reviewer mentioned - the band is a little short for avg. male wrist.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it, June 5, 2014
It looks nice, good features, easy to program quality made, a bit getting used to the strap. Concerned about what happens after the belt is worn out.

5.0 out of 5 stars A real head turner, December 30, 2014
I purchased for my friend (he paid for it and used my account). He loves the watch and it is gorgeous, both look and feel. It's a complicated watch without question but a real head turner.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›