Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Citizen Men's AT9013-03H Rose Gold-Tone Stainless Steel Eco-Drive Watch
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on October 16, 2013
I have a number of watches including Rolex, Omega's as well as other fine watches but prefer to wear the Citizen AT9013-03H World Time A-T Eco Drive what else needs to be stated. The description does state the leather strap to be 22mm but I found it to be 23mm. This makes a slight difference if you wish to add a different strap like I did (Hadley-Roma Men's MS2005RA-220 22-mm Black Genuine Alligator Leather) along with a different deployment clasp (Hadley-Roma 18-mm 14K Rose Gold-Plated Push Button Deployment Clasp) all in all the difference was negligible. I have received a number of compliments for this combination and the overall look of the watch looks like a watch worth $5,000+. Good luck and best wishes.
44 comments|30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 30, 2014
Very Classy and functional watch. A new favorite in my collection.
review image
on July 8, 2014
Pros:
1) Provides two time zones; or your primary timezone and UTC times.
2) Includes day of week.
3) Comfortable & easily used strap, but initially seemingly complicated to use at first.
4) Best watch I've had yet.

Cons:
1) Rose gold finish nicks, dents and scratches much too easily. 2015.07.17: My first watch purchased through a local department store within Fairbanks Alaska, likely had a previous large dent/scratch likely covered with makeup. I have yet to see any such dents on my second watch purchased through Amazon.com. Albeit, there are small tiny scratches due to normal wear, none of the tiny scratches are any where comparative to the large scratch/dent of my first watch. As such, it might be advisable, check your new watch by wiping the metal with a slightly damp cloth to possibly expose any such prior defects if purchased through a local department store.

2) May seem complicated to use. But the watch is well documented within instructions. (Took me a day or so to understand how it's features worked.) 2015.07.17: And after a years use, I only know how to check the battery level and timezones. Setting the alarm is more complicated, and obviously performed once or less a year.

3) Glow in the dark doesn't last long (within areas nearer the earth's poles?), whether under fluorescent lighting or sunlight. (Almost wish these watches had a small led face light for reading within absolute darkness. But likely not feasible.) 2014.10.11 - Up in Alaska or latitudes near the south and north poles, the glow in the dark feature didn't seem to last long at all. Recently at latitudes around the contiguous United States, I've seen glow in the dark feature last all night long. Not sure if this is because sunlight is more apt to reflect off the earth at the latitudes near the earth's poles or what. Wearing the watch under a pillow while sleeping at night, body heat seems to greatly aide the glow in the dark features.

4) There's likely a Resolene (or acrylic resin) coating over the black dyed leather strap. After cleaning and conditioning with leather products, this coating might be removed. Once the coating deteriorates, the black dye easily rubs-off or transfers to white shirt cuffs, especially white french shirt cuffs. Cleaning the straps with acetone will not further remove the black dye, and only coating the black dyed straps seems to resolve this problem. (Matching replacement straps with different finishes are unfortunately far and few; ie. AT9010-28F.) To reapply this protective coating, buy some Resolene for Leather and dilute 50/50 with tap water. Clean and condition the leather straps and allow to dry for at least one day. Apply the resolene water diluted solution only to the black dyed upper-side of the straps. (Applying the resoline to the bottom-side can later prevent leather conditioner from being absorbed by the bottom-side leather strap.) Three water diluted coats using a small rag, clothe or piece of paper towel seems to be sufficient. After the third coat, allow to dry for at least one day. Some buff the leather before and in between coats.

2015.07.17: Updated comments and updated rating to five stars, albeit I still find it complicated to operate!
2015.12.08: Added Con #4 notes concerning the black dye bleeding, streaking or rubbing off onto white french shirt cuffs
44 comments|10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 12, 2014
I have a dozen or so watches and this is my favorite. Citizen covered all the bases with this one. Never needs a battery, changes to the correct time and date automatically and looks really "Rich". Very happy with this watch!
on November 7, 2014
Watch arrived today. Very well packaged from Amazon and the Citizen packaging is nice. Read the manual, set the time zone and day light saving time preference and hit on-demand and all is good. Takes just a few seconds to adjust the strap and in total a 5-minute set-up for this watch. Looks great on my wrist and feels even better. Looking forward to wearing this watch and utilizing its features for years to come.
on May 22, 2015
I was looking for a watch that kept accurate time and had some techie features yet was still stylish. This has the atomic sync, two time zone memory, and, thankfully, day and date that DOESN'T HAVE TO BE RESET EVERY MONTH.

This is a solar charged watch so you do have to occasionally expose it to light (sunlight charges it faster) but it can go long periods without light and will go into a power-saving mode (automatically or manually) if needed. There is an extensive manual which explains the watches operation in great detail. It even lets you trigger a sync with the atomic master clock if you've been out of range.

The only reason I gave it 4 stars was the finish is easily scratched against other materials. I would have expected a watch in this price range to have solid metallic case where the color was actually part of the metal all the way through and not a thin coating over the top.
on December 7, 2014
Love everything! Very handsome design, the watch come to my city of Angel and I didn't even have to adjust my local time zone. The watch does it, and ready for ride on! Only one I had trouble with didn't know how to adjust the leather band, and there has no instruction on the manual that how to adjust the leather band. But I figure it out in 5 mins. Citizen should add "How to adjust the leather band" on the manual.
on October 30, 2014
Rose gold is subtle and not gaudy. Deployment clasp is sturdy and gives the watch a classy feel. The case is generously big and the watch overall looks more expensive than it costs. If there's one minor downside, it's not the most instantly readable face I've ever seen, but it certainly is attractive. Very happy with this purchase and all my Citizen watches.
on December 2, 2015
Absolutely love the Citizen Eco-Drive World Time AT watches. As a global traveler, there's no easier reset than the world time function. A quick pull of the crown, spin to the proper time zone and push back in. The watch does the rest. No batteries ever thanks to the solar recharge function. Precise time thanks to the atomic time keeping. These are great watches for the price.
on February 24, 2016
I actually purchased this watch at the Citizen Time Square Flagship Store in New York City. I was able to compare it across the entire Citizen line that was on display. I chose this watch as I loved the look, it was easy to see, it hat atomic time, sapphire crystal, perpetual calendar and of course eco-drive. I wanted a watch that I do not have to reset every month for dates or change batteries. Of course the Eco-Drive and Perpetual Calendar covered the requirement. I wanted something dressier than my older Citizen Calibre(still running perfect after 10+ years of hard use and abuse). The beauty of this watch gets plenty of compliments. While I just recently bought this watch I am 100% confident it will still run great for years to come while requiring zero maintenance. I have a Rolex that honestly keeps lousy time and requires servicing every 2 years or so.
I spent a few minutes to watch the instructional video at the Citizen web site. Much easier than reading directions. The reality for me is that I doubt I will ever need to do anything other than maybe set the alarm or secondary time zone.
The watch band is very nice leather. The clasp is a bit tricky but now I have the hang of it.
Bottom Line: Citizen simply makes great watches. In my opinion they run circles around other makers both in the same and in higher price ranges. This model was perfect for my needs. Of course, Citizen makes dozens of models to meet the needs of just about any buyer. I bet if they made a real gold version it would sell amazingly well.