5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Watch, Excellent Quality, & Excellent Appearance.
Published on November 11, 2011 by My Reviews Rock

3.0 out of 5 stars Citizen BJ2115-07E
Published on October 1, 2011 by N. Bartley

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Watch, Excellent Quality, & Excellent Appearance., November 11, 2011
This review is from: Citizen Men's BJ2115-07E Eco-Drive Depth Meter Chronograph Imperial Rubber Dive Watch (Watch)
Let me preface this review with the fact that I am the type of guy who really researches most purchases before I pull the trigger. This is an excellent watch, it looks great, & performs well. I generally have to wear a tie to work & this watch dresses up very well. It's also great looking when I'm going casual. I've owned an Omega Seamaster dive watch & I actually prefer this watch. I actually didn't buy this watch from Amazon. I went into a local watch store to purchase Citizen Men's BJ2000-09E Eco-Drive Aqualand Stainless Steel Black Rubber Dive Watch. They didn't have it in stock & showed me two other Citizen Dive Watches (this watch being one). I have to say, I'm glad they didn't have the other watch in stock. I'll break down my thoughts into a couple different areas.

**Appearance: The Amazon photo really doesn't do the watch justice. The watch is large (the largest watch Citizen makes) and, if you look at the specs, it's case diameter is actually bigger than the Seiko Monster. The case polishes up well & sparkles in just the right way for a "guys watch". The rotating bezel - the picture doesn't capture it, but it has a sort of reflection quality in it - it's not chrome/silver though. It really "classes up" the watch. The face of the watch is unique & looks great.
**Comfort: What good is a watch if it's not comfortable? I own a stainless steel Omega Seamaster watch which is a great watch, but it's not nearly as comfortable. The rubber "bracelet" on this watch is extremely "soft" & comfortable. Much softer than other rubber bracelet watches I tried on. (By "soft", I don't mean low quality. The watch is actually quite durable). It's strap is completely adjustable so you can adjust it to a real custom fit.
**Functionality: This is slightly tricky. The watch keeps time great & the Eco-Drive aspect ensures that you really don't need to worry about battery life. There is a battery indicator mode that shows how your batter life is which is great. The Stopwatch is a little unusual. Most people aren't going to be using this part of the watch very often. I'm not going to go into it too much here (read the instruction manual), but it's not a very "efficient" process. Dive Functionality - This is where the watch really shines. It has a depth meter on it that automatically functions when the watch gets wet. It's accurate & acts as a sort of "back up diver computer". It also "records" your maximum dept. The rotating bezel is used to track your time under water & it works great. The bezel illuminates extremely well & is easy to read under water. Overall, the watch performs at a level 10 out of 10. Like I said, the stop watch functionality isn't too efficient, but no one is buying this watch for that function. If you need a really good stopwatch, get a Timex Ironman :).
**Durability: What good is a great looking, comfortable watch if it can't stand up to daily use? This watch is very durable. I've been on a handful of dives with it, wear it daily, & it's stood up great. The bezel rotates strong & is very sturdy. I also really like the brushed stainless steel clasp on the rubber bracelet - it doesn't easily scratch (if at all) & looks great. The only downside to this is that it doesn't come with a sapphire crystal (you can send it to Citizen to have them put one in for about $90), but Citizen may not put in a sapphire crystal to keep the price point where it needs to be. I have the original crystal in it & it doesn't have any scratches on it - it's been pretty durable. If this watch is your daily watch & if you use it for diving, it will hold up very well & keep it's great look.

Hope this helps - Like I said, I'm a "watch guy" & own a higher end Omega watch & this watch impressed the heck out of me. Highly recommended - you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great dive watch ... with the look of a luxury watch!, December 30, 2011
This is a big dive watch with a case diameter of 50mm. It's actually bigger than the Seiko Orange Monster.
I own both these dive watches. However, my choice as both a dive watch and a dress watch is this Eco-Drive Depth Meter Chrono

My Eco-Drive was shipped in the special Citizen Aqualand oxygen tank watch gift case (SEE MY PHOTOS IN CUSTOMER IMAGES)

WHAT I LIKE ABOUT THIS ECO-DRIVE CHRONO:

The eco-drive technology - it's a solar power watch: charges in sunlight or indoors with no batteries to change ever :))

The quality black rubber strap actually complements the extremely brushed stainless steel round case and round black dial with three sub dials (24 hours, 60 minutes and 60 seconds)

The rotating bezel has a shiny black finish. It looks much nicer than the photos

The bezel is of course, unidirectional

50-Minute Chronograph Timer

The scratch resistant curved mineral glass crystal catches every bit of light showing off the watch's attractive black dial (and sub dials)

The date window (at the 3 o clock position) is big enough to be easily read

The luminous hands (although no Seiko Lumibrite) is bright enough to tell the time in the dark (or dives in murky water)

This watch has an underwater depth meter that measures your dive depth in feet. (If you prefer to measure your dive in meters, then choose the Eco-Drive Depth Meter Chrono Metric)

The watch has a 'Power Reserve' indicator. Although the watch back up battery has a 60 Day Power Reserve for telling the time, the 'Power Reserve' measure is important when planning a dive since the depth meter uses a lot of battery power

Both the 'Power Reserve' indicator and the 60 seconds sub dial are an eye-catching blue color. It contrasts well against the black textured watch dial

This Eco-drive Aqualand chronograph is extremely accurate. With no batteries to change, this is a great low maintenance dive watch

This watch is heavy ... even heavier than the Seiko Orange Monster. However, with the black rubber strap, this Eco-Drive Aqualand fits comfortably on my hands.

NOTE: This watch that is not going to sit on your hand unnoticed ... it has the look of a luxury watch.

Hope this review was helpful ... Jeffrey A. (Jeff)

3.0 out of 5 stars Citizen BJ2115-07E, October 1, 2011
N. Bartley (Havelock, NC USA) - See all my reviews
Just wanted to let potential customers know that this is the exact same watch as the Citizen BJ2117-01E. The only difference is that this model's (BJ2115-07E) dive functions are in feet as where the BJ2117-01E is metric. Haven't quite figured out why this model is $104.25 MORE than the other at the time of this review, since the only difference is in dive measurements. Also, if your not going to use the dive functions and only use it to tell time/date then save yourself $100 and order the BJ2117-01E. Also a hair north of $500 is pretty pricey for a watch that only has a mineral crystal and not sapphire. Granted you can send it in to Citizen (google it or call them, it's somewhere in California.) and have them replace it with Sapphire for $90 or so, but a $500 plus watch should definitely come with sapphire. Why they put them on European and Asian versions and not North American boggles my mind. Maybe we don't demand it or whatever. Other than those opinions, it's a fantastic watch. Face looks gorgeous when the light hits it. The only reason for 3 stars instead of 5 is they want to cheapen our version with mineral glass and the $100 price difference in the two versions. Good Luck.

5.0 out of 5 stars Diving watch, April 12, 2014
Egros (New York city, New York United States) - See all my reviews
top watch , diving , no battery no need to change o ring every year.
I do recommend this watch for real divers

5.0 out of 5 stars YAY WATCH!!!, September 26, 2013
This is actually a very elegant and nice looking watch, and you can use it to go diving with! I'm going diving this weekend to test out the depth meter, but otherwise the watch is great. Also, since my coworkers are making fun of me at this moment for writing this review, I will end it with saying that I held off buying this for a few months, and I should have definitely not waited.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sporty Yet Sophisticated, February 27, 2011
This is a great looking sport watch. I just received mine, but here are initial thoughts. The watch is larger and heavy, but that is the style I wear, so it actually seems lighter than my Citizen Promaster and Bulova Precisionist. The color combo is great and while very dark overtones it has some sparkle and catches your eye. The strap seems a bit long, but I believe being a true divers watch it may be designed to strap around a wrist with a wet suit on which makes sense. My true guage of a watch is how many other guys I catch looking at it, and since I just got it, I havent' had much time to tell, but I think I have a winner. I plan to use this as a daily wearer and, to me, this watch says I'm pretty cool.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch Value, May 13, 2013
I purchased this watch for work and casual wear. It looks more expensive than it is.
It keeps excellent time, and is quite functional. I don't think I'll ever dive with it, but it's nice to know I could!

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT CITIZEN DIVER WATCH........., September 5, 2011
OILMAN "OWEN" (bayside, new york United States) - See all my reviews
I purchased this watch,while I was on a cruise vacation........I wanted a good diving watch that I could go diving and snorkleing with.........I have had experience with citizen eco watches before. And I must say.I have never been dissapointed........
And I"m happy to tell you, That this watch perfomed flawlessly........I went diving in the Caribbean.to a depth of 35 feet down
and on various photo snorkleing trips.......and the watch performed exactly as it should........I would recommend rinseing off the watch with tap water, once it has been exposed to salt water, just to Insure the Integrity of the seals, of the watch........otherwise thats the extent of your Maintence.......The Eco portion,Insures you will always have plenty of battery power
I very much reccomend this teriffic Diver watch!!

4.0 out of 5 stars GREAT Watch!, December 24, 2014
I have owned a Citizen watch for well over 20 years... I purchase this watch when I was in Jamaica on vacation. The watch is AWESOME!. I had it with me for several years in Iraq.. The harsh heat, the sand, hitting the deck from time to time... it never missed a beat or should I say a tic or a toc!!. I am a fireman, and this watch went into several. although it was covered by my bunker gear, nothing ever went wrong. I took it diving in Mexico, Dubai, Jamaica, The US, and even Thailand. After all the abuse, it still works great. With its nice appearance, you can use it for everyday, or while in a suit. Its a beautiful looking watch. The only reason I gave it 4 Stars instead of five, I broke the band on it quite some time ago... I ordered a replacement from amazon, but it was not the right one... can't find it anywhere. I sent an email to Citizen, I never received a reply.... So unfortunately, the watch now sits in my jewelry box till one that is made for it is found. Yes, I highly recommend this watch even if you don't dive!

4.0 out of 5 stars Honest Opinion for this watch., January 8, 2015
The watch itself us quite nice. However, I do not like the rubber watch band itself. The band has one buckle and two sliding rubber band holders. These holders slide too easily on the band itself allowing the watch to pretty much unbuckle during normal use. The band is comfortable. The body of the watch is also quite heavy. If you are accustomed to a light weight watch then you will not like this one. I will need to figure out a fix for the band as I do like the looks of the watch.
Also...take note ...this watch does not have a sapphire glass and will scratch eventually. This is something I forgot to check before I purchased it. Hope this helps.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›