- Eligible for FREE One-Day Shipping and FREE Returns on qualified items offered by Amazon.com. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Citizen Men's BL5470-06A Stainless Steel Eco-Drive...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 38% off the $395.00 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Citizen Men's BL5470-06A Stainless Steel Eco-Drive Watch with Leather Band
|Price:||$268.60 FREE One-Day Shipping & Free Returns Details|
|You Save:||$126.40 (32%)|
- Round watch in stainless steel with contrasting chronograph subdials featuring date window at 4 o'clock and semi-covered hour markers
- 44 mm stainless steel case with mineral dial window
- Japanese quartz movement with analog display
- Croco-embossed leather band with buckle closure
- Water resistant to 100 m (330 ft): In general, suitable for swimming and snorkeling, but not scuba diving.
Special Offers and Product Promotions
STAINLESS STEEL, ANTI REFLECTIVE COATED, BUCKLE, SAPPHIRE CRYSTAL, 100 METERS WATER RESISTANT, CHRONOGRAPH, DATE, ALARM, LEATHER
As a true manufacture d’horlogerie, CITIZEN integrates a comprehensive manufacturing process from creating individual components to a watch’s final assembly. It’s an artisan’s approach to watch making based on pushing forward the boundaries of technology and leveraging our experience toward exploring new possibilities.
One pivotal technological breakthrough was the development of a light-driven watch. CITIZEN pioneered this engineering innovation well ahead of other watch manufacturers as early as 1976, which led to the launch of the highly acclaimed Eco-Drive in 1995. Utilizing electrical power converted from virtually any light source, this extraordinary innovation changed forever the way watches could be powered. Eco-Drive eliminated the need to ever replace batteries, which made it especially beneficial to areas where such specialist batteries were not obtainable. This leveled the field for citizens of virtually every country to be able to experience unrestricted joy of wearing and using a CITIZEN watch.
The product development policy, “The Fusion of Technology and Beauty,” remains a constant motivation for us to merge cutting-edge technology with perfection of design beauty, which as a consequence inspires people to strive to be their best at any time.
CITIZEN launches a new campaign in collaboration with Wieden+Kennedy, Better Starts Now. This is the simple belief that no matter who you are or what you do, it is always possible to make something better — and now is the time to start doing it. We believe that better and now are both infinite, and that there is always a next ‘better’ and a new ‘now’ in which you can start pursuing it. It was clear from the onset of this project that we are dedicated to this ideal…not to the past but to the present, and all the way we can improve it. To help communicate this belief to the world we have created a new global CITIZEN brand movie, brand identity and brand website that represents out Better Starts Now philosophy.
- Product Dimensions: 5.9 x 5.9 x 5.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Origin: Japan
- ASIN: B00843L4SC
- Item model number: BL5470-06A
- Date first available at Amazon.com: June 6, 2012
- Domestic Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- International Shipping: This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
|Brand, Seller, or Collection Name||Citizen|
|Dial window material type||Mineral|
|Case material||Stainless steel|
|Case diameter||43 millimeters|
|Band length||Men's Standard|
|Band width||22 millimeters|
|Bezel material||Stainless steel|
|Special features||Chronograph, dual-Time-display, Stop watch|
|Water resistant depth||330 Feet|
Top Customer Reviews
Here are the highlights of this watch:
- beautiful, classy silver/white face
- solid, heavy construction; water resistant to 100 meters
- perpetual calendar (here's the video for setting the time/date http:[...]
- the numbers and watch hands glow in the dark (subtle but functional)
- great chronograph that measures 1/20th of a second (start-stop watch feature)
Here are the things I didn't like:
- I found the watch to be a bit too thick when wearing a suit. I have to really pry open my shirt cuff because the thickness makes my shirt cuffs feel tight at the wrists. I was hoping to use this watch for both casual and formal but it looks like I won't be wearing it with my suits. I prefer my other slim Citizen watch for suits.
- I don't think the watch band feels or looks cheap (like other reviewers have said). But the band is a bit stiff and needs to be bent and broken in. The watch does not sit at the center of my wrist (like my other watches do) but leans away, forcing me to really twist my wrist to see the time. I bought another strap (Hadley-Roma MSM898RR-220 Tan Alligator leather strap) but found that the white watch face looks best in contrast to a darker band.
I think the watch's setup can seem intimidating but if you go to Citizen's web site and read the instructions or watch the video on youtube or on the CD, it's very simple. I think it's unfortunate the watch gets low ratings because people are too lazy to find and follow instructions. Take note that the dial does not turn. It's a great piece and my wife absolutely loves it! Highly recommended!
This is a beautiful watch, but I was a tiny bit let down by its appearance in real life, only because my expectation was way too high.
My main beef is the 3 chornograph dials. Unlike my other citizen chronograph watches, the chronograph dials on this watch have thin transparent, reflective plastic cover printed with white dials. Such choice of plastic transparent material makes it pretty obvious that the 3 circles are acting as solar cell, and can make the watch look a bit cheap if you catch it at the right angle.
I presume this was done to let more light in because this watch probably uses more battery than other eco drive watches. Had those dials been matte finished like other eco-drive watches, it would've been better.
There's also slight embossing around printed hour markings, which I'm not a fan of, because it doesn't appear to be a deliberate design. The embossing looks nice in Amazon product photo, but the edges don't look anywhere near as sharp in real life product.
With that said, these are only apparent upon closer inspection and overall, the watch is still very beautiful. It is also a very good value considering its feature set.
Just do yourself a favor and look up this watches movement number on youtube for set-up instruction, because the printed manual isn't helpful.
Pros: Beautiful watch and no batteries necessary.
Cons: The leather band is of very poor quality and shows signs of wear less than a month after purchase.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Shocking how difficult setting the time. I tried for fifteen minutes and gave up. I don't have time (pun intended) for shenanigans when it comes to such a simple task. Read morePublished 6 days ago by NYCLOCK
Beautiful watch... read the instructions carefully to set...but very nice watch for the price...Published 1 month ago by Kevin
This watch looks awesome and feel good on the wrist. The leather band is durable but a little short. I have to wear it using the last hole. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Tristan
This is a nice looking timepiece from Citizen, it's a nice looking watch. Setting it can be a little complicated but I suggest going to the Citizen website and they have a video... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Mwiti Murithi
Fantastic watch! Superb movement. Functions are easy to learn - read the instructions! Looks great. Can't be happier with this watch.Published 2 months ago by Cyclops94
I really like these watches. They work as advertised and this one showed up in brand new condition. Read morePublished 2 months ago by JTB
It's a great looking watch but stopped working the other day. Put it out in the sun for a half hour and it's back up, also ambient light isn't enough I guess. Read morePublished 2 months ago by STEPHEN ST MCHUGH