5.0 out of 5 stars Functional and Elegant
Published on May 11, 2008 by RG

3.0 out of 5 stars Love the styling, but the comfort is a little off
I've been wanting to try one of the Eco-Drive watches for a while now, and decided to give this one a shot when another watch had to go in for repairs. I love the styling and the minimalistic design. I've worn it only a few times , but have already received several compliments. The weight and sizing are nice as well as it's not clunky at all and works well as a dress...
Published 7 months ago by ShaunP

5.0 out of 5 stars Functional and Elegant, May 11, 2008
RG (California) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Citizen Men's BL6005-01E Stainless Steel Watch with Leather Band (Watch)
I've always liked the quality of Citizen watches, but never owned an Eco-Drive before this one. I've had it for a few months now and it's worked flawlessly. It is stylish enough that I can wear it with something dressy, but also simple enough to be worn with casual attire. The Eco-Drive functionality has worked great. I was a little worried since I spend so much time indoors that it might not get enough light to keeping ticking. But even though I don't expose it to very much sunlight, indoor lighting has kept it going without missing a beat.

The inner ends of the leather band are winged with metal tips (the silver portions in the picture). When it comes time to replace the band, I'm not sure if it will be possible to either remove the metal clips and put them on the new band or buy a new band with the exact same style.

4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish, Elegant Dress Watch with a Spot?, January 15, 2012
I received the burgundy version of this watch for my 5-year anniversary with my employer and was so impressed with it so decided to search for a black version since black would go better with my wardrobe. All the elements of this watch are very nice: soft leather strap, chrome buckle with "Eco-Drive" stamped on it, glossy slim case with chrome hands and dial. All my other watches, except for one, are Eco-Drive so can't complain about that feature. Face is simple yet stylish and not too busy, looks very nice in a suit or your everyday dress shirt and dress pants. My only gripe is the glass has a round spot/stain right in the center underneath the glass that looks like condensation or oil or some kind of manufacturing defect. Thinking this indeed was a defect I returned the watch for a replacement which Amazon immediately shipped the same day. Unfortunately the replacement also has a spot in the center of the face underneath the glass. Since the watch is very nice and fairly inexpensive I decided to keep it, guess I'll have to live with that little spot for now.

Citizen Men's BL6005-01E Eco-Drive Black Ion-Plated Leather Strap Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars Fashionable and dependable., May 3, 2007
I've owned one of these watches for about 2 years. I've been rather careless with it, wearing it to the gym and to the basketball court. It has stood up to all of that with just a small scratch on the face. For its price, you can't go wrong with it. It looks good with any clothes, but is certainly more suited to formal occasions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great looking watch, August 11, 2011
Hard to see in the pictures, but at an angle there are actually notches for all the other hours (i.e. 1, 2, 4, 5, etc.).

5.0 out of 5 stars elegant watch, August 20, 2013
I have had this watch for 3 months now and it looks as good as the day I received it It runs perfectly and looks great.

5.0 out of 5 stars New watch, June 21, 2013
It was time to replace one of my watches and I have always found Citizen brand to be reliable and good looking for the money. (After all it tells time ...why do you need to spend $10K on a Rolex, etc. when you can get a nice dependable watch that will last many years for much less.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good watch for small wrists, June 1, 2013
It looks sleek and has a high quality leather band. Best of all it looks fine on my small wrists where other watch faces overpower my arms. This is my second one.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, January 19, 2014
First, I'll start by saying that I'm actually a woman. I wanted an elegant watch with more presence than the woman's version. It seemed slightly too dainty for me. I went out on a limb and ordered the men's for myself since I heard it ran on the smaller side. I'm very pleased with my purchase! It's exactly the right size for me, it's incredibly elegant, sophisticated and sleek, all without being pretentious. It runs very well; I had some concerns since I work indoors and live in a very cloudy area, so I thought the battery may not get the light it needs. I'm glad to report that I was wrong and the watch runs just as well in artificial light. This watch is perfect for the professional woman despite being designed for a man. I'm overjoyed with this watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch, May 20, 2013
It sounds weird that I buy it for my wife. Because she is little woman and It fits her. Run good and looks nice and fashionably on her.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice watch with Eco drive, November 6, 2012
If green is your thing you will love the Citizen Eco drive watch.No batteries to change or worry about,stylish and modern. Sunlight or artificial light will charge it. A real treat at a great price.