5.0 out of 5 stars I like it!
Published on August 21, 2007 by PT

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch. Bad bracelet.
Published on November 8, 2009 by Damon D

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it!, August 21, 2007
I have had this watch for a few weeks now so I can not address wear and tear. To start, the picture does not do it justice. The titanium is a nice mix of brushed and polished, which does not stand out in the pic. The black face is very pretty, not a dull/flat black or a shiny black - it is hard to explain except that I am very happy with it. Also, from the picture I was concerned that the numbers 6, 9 and 12 were too large, but in person they look proper and in-scale with the rest of the face. The watch diameter is also in good ratio to my arm/wrist and I am average height and weight.
The band wear and tear seems similar to a stainless steel band. The mechanism is almost silent and the time keeping seems very accurate. I have not had any bumps to the watch face so I can't say how hard it is to scratch the crystal, but I assume this is a lower end crystal since it is "mineral" and not sapphire.
I would recommend this watch to any man. It is sexy and is a good price for a Citizen Eco-drive.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch. Bad bracelet., November 8, 2009
Damon D (Rochester, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Citizen Men's BM6060-57F "Eco-Drive" 180 WR100 Titanium Bracelet Watch (Watch)
All of the good things people say about the look and feel of this watch are true, but one of the main pins fell out of the titanium bracelet of mine after less than one year of use. It wasn't even one of the adjustable pins. I was luckily wearing a sweater, so the watch got stuck in my clothes, rather than falling to the ground. Unfortunately the 5 year warranty does not extend to the bracelet, so I'm going to have to pay to have the watch band repaired/replaced myself. I don't have a quote for the repair yet, but it looks like it may be substantial, as the jeweler I bought it from (who can't repair it) said that the threads were going to need to be redrilled. I'll update this review later with more information when I get it. (UPDATE: SEE BELOW)

What bugs me most is that this watch has actually had a pretty gentle life. It hasn't been banged around or submerged in water, so I really can't excuse the bracelet's early demise. Furthermore when the selling point of the watch is that the band is titanium, you would think that the band would be included in the warranty. It's not, and now I know why.

Bottom Line: If it holds together, you'll love this watch, but based on the statistics here (as of this posting), there's about a 10% chance you'll have a problem with the band, so take that into account.

UPDATE: Fixing the watch bracelet only cost $4. Three different jewelers took a crack at it before I got it fixed, though, and they were puzzled how it ever came apart. My conclusion is that the parts were fine, but the assembly work was bad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch!, August 30, 2006
I am a watch fan and wanted an everyday good, durable watch. I wanted something that was light weight, self-winding, and had glowing hand and hour markers. I wanted a self-winding watch because I didn't want to worry about batteries. Well, This watch had it all. Granted, it's not self-winding; however, it does have Eco-drive technology. Eco-drive is powered by solar energy, eliminating the need for batteries. Most decent self-winding watches are over $500, so for a watch that doesn't need batteries, has titanium, and is just over 200 bucks...you can't beat it. I love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic, not overly-fussy watch. Value is in the price/performance ratio, November 29, 2007
I bought this watch at Sears during a black-Friday sale, and got a good price on it, and I am very happy with the watch. The picture doesn't the watch justice. The watch has a very restrained, uncluttered, two-tone look with a nice contrast between the gray, brushed titanium and the polished titanium, and the integrated watch band gives the watch a rich appearance.

Previous reviewers have said that you can see the solar cell behind the face. I cannot. I agree with whoever it is that said that the calendar window is too small. I can read it, but I would be willing to bet that many can't. As for the fragility of the formed (hollow) links, I can not tell if they are formed or not, but they appear to hold up up well, without scratches or dents. If they make the watch even lighter than it is or otherwise would be, then I'm not complaining.

I have relatively small wrists, the jeweler had to take out three links, but I don't find the watch-face too large or 'clunky looking.' Over-all, I love the watch and I think it looks elegant and rich.

5.0 out of 5 stars excelent watch value, October 9, 2008
Mike (Seattle, WA) - See all my reviews
I decided i needed a watch last week. I came to Amazon and found this one. Titanium, Eco-drive, And a simple uncluttered design. Its just what I wanted. I am not a diver or a pilot so all of the bells and whistles of most watches were not needed. The face is more of a dark gray than black as listed. It looks great with the titanium. Also the hands and hour markers are large and glow in the dark really well. 5 year waranty and from what I have heard from others customer service and reliability are first rate. As others have said the pictures do not do it justice. I am very happy and will proudly wear this for years I'm sure.
Also I chose to purchase through Blue Nile and can't say enough good about them. I had a problem with the gift card I used to purchase with and had to wait over the weekend to call the bank and correct the issue. While waiting they held the order for me as it was the last one in stock. Before I could call them back on Monday morning I had recieved an e-mail with a additional $20 coupon on my purchase. So waiting saved me even more money and shipping was free as well. I'll go back for sure.

2.0 out of 5 stars A good watch that suffers from an exposed crystal design., July 29, 2011
I would like to give this watch a 5-star rating because it is really a very good watch for the money, but unfortunately it suffers from a major design flaw.

The Achilles Heel on this watch is the placement of the crystal. I purchased this watch in June and only got to enjoy it for a month before the crystal chipped. With the problem stemming from the design and the crystal replacements (which is not covered by the warranty) costing 1/3 the cost of the watch, I'm not sure if I even want to bother having it repaired. The problem comes from the fact that the edge of the crystal is exposed and sticks up just a fraction of an inch above the surrounding case. In addition to being exposed, the crystal is not beveled at the edge and so it is able to "catch" on anything that might brush against it. If that something happens to be hard, it will chip/fracture the crystal with even the mildest of pressure.

If you only plan to wear this on special occasions or if your job does not involve putting your hands near any objects, then this timepiece is a very nice choice. It is thin and light, has simple subdued styling, has very accurate time-keeping, and has an easy-to-read dial. Aside from the issue with the crystal--which is a pretty big issue for me, unfortunately--I really do like everything else about this watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, glows beautifully in the dark, September 25, 2008
David (California) - See all my reviews
I'm quite happy with this watch. It looks good and works well. The face glows exceptionally well in the dark with a two-layered approach (one layer charges up in the light so it is very bright when you first get into the dark and your eyes are not adjusted, and the other continues to glow after the first dies down so you can see it late at night). The watch works fine. The only downside is the lack of a day-of-the-week display and the finish on the band seems a bit scratch prone.

5.0 out of 5 stars JUST WHAT THE OFFICE ORDERED, January 6, 2011
THE WATCH -- Bless titanium's little heart. I have several Eco-Drive watches and they're a little on the heavy side in steel. Titanium brings them back into the range of lightweight comfort. Not in the thin-dress-watch range, but manageable. And the watch is thin enough to allow shirt cuffs to slide over. I rarely nitpick relatively inexpensive watches over this issue, but I'm delighted that my example has a second hand that hits the seconds dial right on the money. I usually can find something else about which to complain, but this is a pretty slick little unit. It arrived fully charged, displayed the correct date, and was a few seconds ahead of PST. I set it to EST and I was in business immediately.

THE BAND -- As others have noted, the band is not only light weight but seems inexpensively constructed. After I removed several links the watch fits perfectly and is very comfortable. Please keep in mind that this is a "beater" for an office environment and not a "beater" for a construction site. For my purposes it seems quite satisfactory.

A PERSPECTIVE -- If I had paid the $250 retail for this watch (and that never would have happened), I might have been disappointed with the band and perhaps even with the watch. However, if one will shop this watch he will find a 50%+ discount as I did. With its tasteful, attractive appearance, I believe that this is a wonderful value for the discounted price.

I'm looking forward to many years of service from this watch. Good luck with your purchase. --Ron

UPDATE 01-22-2011: This is undoubtedly the best combination of comfort to wear and value that I have ever purchased in an everyday-wear timepiece. --Ron

5.0 out of 5 stars Citizen Eco Drive Men's Titanium watch, January 26, 2009
I bought this watch for my boyfriend for Christmas because I wanted to get him a nice, quality, simple and sophisticated watch that is classy and durable. I wanted it to be a watch that could be worn every day, yet also give off the appearance of a watch you would wear to go out in. I bought him the Citizen Men's Eco-Drive 180 WR100 Titanium Bracelet Watch and it met all of the qualities that i wanted, and he really seems to like it also. I think it makes an excellet purchase becasue Citizen is a good brand name that makes a quality durable product and is priced appropriatly. Their products last a long time so the amount of money that you pay will go a long way. The watch was a little costly but not too expensive for what you are getting. So all in all I would highly recommend not only this watch brand, but this watch in particular, it looks very good on a man's wrist, and whether you are buying it for yourself or as a gift for someone else it is an excellent purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, Shines over time, November 11, 2008
J. Puckett "jjpuck" (Maryland, United States) - See all my reviews
OK, so I dwelled on a new dress watch for far too long. Another reviewer said that the photos do not do this watch justice. I concur. It is a pleasure to look at, very light, and made to exacting standards for finish. I am more than happy to have this, and the price point is very good. If you want a titanium dress watch, I am 100% pleased with this purchase. Excellent. Do it today.