Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Citizen Men's BM7100-59E Corso Eco Drive Stainless Steel Dress Watch
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on June 21, 2013
Unfortunately, I have a watch problem and always seem to have a reason to buy another to add to the collection. I would have to say that Citizen is my favorite brand as it falls comfortably between the quality/aesthetics that I demand and a reasonable price that doesn't offend my wife.

I currently own 4 Citizen watches including the Eco Drive Calibre 2100 (AV0031-59A), Citizen Eco-Drive AR 2.0 (AW1151-04E), & Citizen CB0020-50E World Perpetual A-T Watch (CB0020-50E). While I try to argue that this is not my favorite Citizen watch, I am compelled to write a review for the BM7100-59E as I wear it more often than all my other watches combined. Let me first qualify that by saying this watch is not my favorite Citizen has more to do with aesthetics than any other criteria; my favorite being the Calibre 2100. So why then is the Corso BM7100-59E always on my wrist? Simply, this is a high quality everyday watch that will complement everything from casual to dress attire.

The 40 mm case is proportionally appropriate for most individuals and the symmetrical tapering to a 22 mm band looks balanced. The slight arch of the case where is connects to the bands allows the watch to hug the wrist and remain stationary even with slight slack in the band. The watch features a clean design that appears black at first glance, but upon closer inspection has a grey scale basket weave textured pattern on the inner dial and surrounded by a reflective black outer dial which contains the hour markers (The photos and video do not do the watch justice).

The watch is surprisingly light for a stainless steel case/band and has held up well with only minor scuffs over the last year of everyday wear including rarely removing the watch for activities including building an outdoor deck, daily yard work, and a 9-5 desk job. Even though there have been plenty of bumps and scrapes, the anti-reflective sapphire dial window is scratch free and doesn't look any different than the day I purchased the watch. The convenience of being able to go from mowing the lawn to going out later that night for a sit-down formal dinner without needing to ever take my Citizen off is invaluable and the main reason why this has been my consistent/go-to everyday watch

Coupled with the dependable Eco-Drive technology, this is a versatile and dependable watch that will fulfill and exceed anyone's expectations. While the Sapphire carries a little extra cost, it is well worth it. I would highly recommend this watch and cannot provide any negative criticisms worth noting.
on June 22, 2014
First of all, let's face it, the technology is where it should be--a watch that is powered by light, never (really, never? I'm not sure I believe that -- but I guess we'll have to wait forever to find out), never needs a battery change, probably will never need servicing of any kind. Compare that to the average quartz battery watch that you have to replace the battery every three to five years or so, or compare it to the automatic that, if it's worth keeping, needs an expensive servicing every five years or so. Exposing the watch to light, any source of light, charges the battery and keeps it running and the power reserve is incredible, according to the Citizen user guide: "fully charged it will run for a minimum of six months without further charging." Perfect.

It's a great looking watch, there is no doubt about it. It is dressy enough to wear with a suit, yet bold and masculine enough to go with jeans and sportswear. I especially like the dial with the accentuated silvery markers and over-sized silver hands that contrast beautifully with the black dial. The luminance is extraordinary, a beautiful shade of cyan or blue, it glows brightly even in the dim light of dusk or dawn.

As for the case, it is a nice combination of brushed and polished stainless steel and a very noticeable size at 41mm, not counting the crown. I like the crown guard that will keep the crown from snagging on shirt cuffs and such. It is rated at a 100M for water resistance, and that is more than adequate for the occasional splashing it might get. A sapphire crystal tops it off and I think that's a real plus although you would expect it on a watch that costs over $200. So there's no doubt that the case and crystal, if necessary, will stand up to many year's abuse and hard use, toil and sweat, and still look good.

The bracelet, being solid-link stainless steel with a push-button deployment clasp is also what you would expect on a more expensive watch; it has solid end-links as well. It was a little difficult to fit my wrist until I discovered that the half-links are not really "half" links. A full link measures about 9mm whilst the half-links measure about 6mm, so you really have a lot of variance. For example, once I got the size close, it was still too tight; taking out one full link (9mm) was not enough, taking out a full and a half (15mm) was too much, but taking out the two half-links (12mm) got it right. Kudos to Citizen's engineering department for solving the problem.

As for the Eco movement, I haven't had it long enough to know how it will hold up or how accurate it is, but after 48 hours the watch is still dead-on, accurate to the second. One thing I think is a sign of a quality quartz movement is when the second hand ticks right on the second markers, every time, all the way around the dial. This one does just that.

And finally, another aspect of Citizen's quality is the fact that the watch came to me charged up, with the winding stem pulled out and the watch stopped; as soon as I set the time and pushed the crown in it started and hasn't stopped since. I left it under a light all night to get it on its way to being fully charged. Once charged it won't take much to keep it that way, according to the user guide, although I will leave it out of my closed watch box when not wearing it -- whenever that will be, which I am sure will not be too often.

The overall quality and workmanship of this Citizen Eco is exceptional and comparable to many watches that cost 2-3 times as much, or more, and this is coming from someone who owns Omega, Rolex, Hamilton and other fine Swiss watches, quartz and auto. It is my first Citizen and I am quite sure it won't be my last. If you are looking for a beautiful watch that is accurate, durable, and relatively inexpensive, you cannot go wrong with this Citizen ECO.
on August 9, 2011
This is a simply beautiful watch. The face is a good size without being abnormally large, the date display is very easily read and the glow on the hands and number markers shows up nicely. As with most metal bands, links had to be removed to adjust for size, but this band has both full and half links that made it very easy to get an exact fit.

I got this watch to replace my previous Citizen watch which I've had for 15 years.. it still works perfectly, but after 15 years I thought it was time for a change.;-)
on May 31, 2013
I have owned my Citizen for 20 months. I especially wanted the Eco-Drive and a sapphire crystal. If you read reviews of other Eco Drive's with the mineral crystal scratches are a common complaint. Mine is still scratch free. The titanium is understated, but nice looking. Makes the somewhat large watch sensibly light. Being large makes it easy to see. The band is well made and works well, watch is rugged, finely made and reliable.

I have not had to worry about the charge since owning it. Never even gotten low, it just keeps working. Accuracy is quite good though not perfect. Mine gains reliably and consistently 3 seconds per month. Coincidentally, this replaced my 24 year old Seiko which also...you guessed it....gains 3 seconds per month. That watch still works, but this is a good replacement I hope lasts just as long. I set it 9 seconds slow when changing from daylight savings time to normal and back. That way I am always within 9 seconds or less of the correct time. Guess my only quibble is I wish the date didn't have to be cycled over a day when a month has less than 31 days. But that is easily accomplished. You have two detents on the stem. First one lets you adjust date, second is for time so you can set date without altering the time setting.

Not flashy, not feature filled, no busy Rube Goldburg inspired dial, just a well made, well functioning watch that does what watches do, keep and tell reliable time.
on September 8, 2015
This watch is really nice. Great size for me and versatile - definitely can be worn with suits, but also perfect for every day wear. The high water rating and sapphire gives this watch great durability and value. The solar power means it will last and last - a true grab and go for any occasion. The dial is subtle, yet beautiful. The parquet pattern and outer sunburst gives this watch some real interest, while keeping it toned down and not too flashy. The bezel, crown and inner links are the only polished parts on this, giving it a nice contrast and again, dialing down the bling. Great blue lume at night as well. Awesome watch.
review image review image review image
on July 11, 2013
I purchased this watch for a birthday gift and I am so glad that I did. First of all the pictures don't do this watch justice, it is quite a handsome watch. It is beautifully crafted with great quality parts. The hands and hour markers illuminate in the dark with a beautiful blue hue. You most definitely can see the time in the dark with this watch. The date is a little hard to see, but it definitely would not stop me from recommending this watch for a great purchase. I was concerned about glare as I searched in my local stores and most of the watches have a glare in bright lights, however this watch has an anti-reflective crystal which definitely helps. Most of all the reason for this purchase was the NO BATTERIES NEEDED. It runs completely by solar power, in fact when I opened the box it was running. Again I would highly recommend this men's watch, I am sure my Dad will get many years of pleasure and service in style from this solar watch. It can be worn casually or formally, as it is so classy it fits both styles without a hitch.
on June 25, 2012
My first "really" watch, very nice look, 40mm case is just perfect on my wrist, and the metal band is very easy to adjust. Good for almost every occasions.
review image review image review image
on February 28, 2015
Looks much better than in the pics and is very accurate. I wish it was a few millimeters smaller, maybe 39 mm.
review image review image
on December 15, 2011
I bought and use this watch for more formal occassions than some of other Eco-Drives that I own. It is very "dressy", at least for me, and I have received a number of compliments from co-workers who insist on spending thousands of dollars on big name watches. When I tell them what this cost, they are amazed.
on July 14, 2014
Bought this watch for more dressy occasions. I must say, when I saw this piece up close and personal, it struck me as an elegant, high quality piece. Something I would expect on a $500 watch. The case diameter measures 43mm which fits my medium-sized writsts perfectly. Not too big, not too small. The extra face size and clean, uncomplicated look, matched against a dark grey background, enhances a quick time check. The bracelet is equally as elegant. For the price, it's a bargain. My only complaint is the smallish date window; it's very challenging to make out the date. I wish they had a white face version, as well. Highly recommended.