Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 10, 2012
This watch is just great looking; its slim, lightweight and comfortable. The watch band is made of good quality leather which makes it feel great around the wrist.
review image
on December 22, 2014
Citizen Men's Strap BM7190-05A

Kudos to the watch's designer easy to read minimalistic design, just what I was looking for in a men's timepiece. I was lucky and got this for $116.00 when the price dipped. At 40mm it's not over-sized for the average men's wrist as the watch is very streamlined, case and lugs, the ivory color dial is pleasant to the eye, black strap may be fine for some but I find it a bit understated and not my preference in a band for this timepiece.So I swapped it out for a stainless shark mesh band.

Note, If you register your Citizen watch online you'll receive an additional year, on a five year warranty

One thing Amazon has wrong in the product description, that know one has pointed out and should be changed. "Features solar power, leather strap with buckle closure, and day and date windows" this watch has only (date window) and the band is not 21mm at the lug, but 22mm so don't make the mistake if you're ordering a replacement band.
review image review image review image
on February 19, 2013
This watch looks a tad bit big on the pictures above but that doesn't really matter since the watch is a beaut.
It has a very nice comfy band that really doesn't feel like you are wearing a watch.
It has the nice clean silver linings and it is very flush to your wrist, it feels very nice.
nice to know that it is recharged by the sunlight and don't have to worry about changing the batteries.
don't hesitate to buy it, it is a great watch and feels nice on you.
I recommend it. I love it!
on January 28, 2013
This watch is like in style to the Patek, Omega, and IWC styles in the fifties and sixties....and are returning. Slim, light, easy to read, and simple design, mark this watch as high value for the dollar. Coupled with the Eco Drive system and superb accuracy, this watch is hard to beat at any price. I've replaced the black leather band with a stainless mesh band and love it.

If you want a watch with classic good looks for a very reasonable price; this is it.
on February 6, 2013
I don't own expensive watches. But this watch is nothing short of beautiful. You would never know that this watch is a sub $300 watch.
review image
on December 21, 2012
With student loans, a car loan, and a wedding to pay for, I wanted to get my best man a classy watch as a gift and I came across the Citizen BM7190-05A. The pictures don't do it justice. This is such a nice watch for the price. Very simple, & elegant. Kind of makes me want to go out and buy one of my own.
on May 4, 2014
I'll give it 5 stars, just for the effort Citizen made to create an understated vintage dress watch, with a raised 1940-ish crystal. The only problem is the small date window, but those with younger eyes won't mind.

In an era of over-sized watches--the kind you would find on the Giant in Jack and the Beanstalk-- it's a pleasure to find a rather elegant, minimalistic, understated man's dress watch. The dial, once you hold it in front of you, is not silver; it's not "white"; it's a kind of translucent, other worldly, milky pearl-color that I just love. I also like the fact that the dial doesn't flash light back at you, like the sun-ray dials so popular today that are (to me) so distracting. You can tell time at a glance with this one. The silver hour markers are not highly polished along their full length. This is intentional, and it reduces the "bling" effect, which cheapens the look of so many watches. So I like the discipline of the watch's designers.

Be aware that there is no lume on the hands; you can't read it at night in a darkened bedroom, but I suppose that is in keeping with the dress watch tradition.

And finally, I like the solar aspect of the watch's power source. No need for a battery! The only concern I have is: Will the crystal oxidize and become cloudy over time, due to sun exposure? But we'll see.

Overall: Five enthusiastic stars. Kudos to Citizen for offering something unique in today's market.

Dan
Los Angeles
on January 20, 2013
Very light
Very easy to wear.
Looks very nice on.
People invariably dont comment on a watch but on this they do.
No more battery.
Only small downside is the band but will change that out in due course.
Arrived well packaged and all in good order.
Recomend completely.
on December 23, 2014
I'm not sure where to begin because this is such an unusual watch. I used to think a watch such as this is for older guys; when buying a watch, I'd typically overlook it and go for something sportier and trendier. Well, I am growing old, but this seeing this watch in person will blow you away no matter how old a guy you are. I think Dan Carrison describes it best in his Amazon review of this watch: "The dial, once you hold it in front of you, is not silver; it's not "white"; it's a kind of translucent, other worldly, milky pearl-color that I just love."

Like a Rolex, this watch simply transcends time. It would be a great looking watch whether the year is 1955, 1985 or 2015. Elegance and class is not bounded by time.
on December 5, 2015
Stunning watch, perfect size, not too big, not too small. It's quite lightweight, you barely notice it on your wrist, a feature I prefer in a dress watch. The face color is slightly off white, more of a milky white - like 1% milk. The band tapers from 22mm at the case down to 18mm at the buckle and is a nice leather with alligator style embossing. The band's length is good too; my wrist is around 7-7.25 inches and I use the fourth hole from the end. Also, the second hand and minute hand line up perfectly with the indices, which is something not all of my Citizen watches do. I don't mind if a watch doesn't line up, but I really appreciate when one does. The crystal is slightly raised, so I think I'll always be a little nervous about scratching it, but I really like it.