Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now

on December 29, 2005
I love the watch so far and it looks great. If you are looking for a dressy watch, this is a bargain (though Titanium models are coming down in price as well).

Two things you should note... the glow in the dark is ONLY on the hour and minute hands (not a huge deal, but if you're used to having some glow in the dark on the 12 o'clock position for reference this may not be a welcome surprise). The markings on the face of the watch are metal and do not have glow in the dark on them (my last watch had it everywhere so this will take some getting used to in low light / at night).

Also, if you need to adjust the size of the watch band to fit your wrist, the pins (not sure if that's what they're called) you have to remove are absolutely tiny (thinner than the metal on all but the smallest paper clips) so if you're used to adjusting watch bands yourself, you may want to buy the tiniest tool you can find for this or take it to a jeweler anyway. It's a few bucks more but it sure beats potentially scratching the band.

Also, for those of you with thick arms and wrists, this watch will probably look too small on you (it's a pretty small watch compared to most men's watches). I have pretty small wrists so it works fine for me (where larger watches look too clunky on my wrist). If you're not sure, try to find one at a local watch seller to see it in person before purchasing online.
on July 7, 2005
This watch is great. It works with a suit. And is not to dressy when wearing jeans and a t-shirt. And the fact that it never needs a battery is always a plus. This is a great deal for a nice watch.
on October 13, 2006
This is a great looking watch: Classy, simple, yet great for both casual and dressy occasions. Not a big flashy watch that screams for attention, and I do agree with a previous post that it may appear small on larger wrists. There are a few minor shortcomings which should not necessarily discourage purchase. First, there is no fold-over safety latch on the clasp. I like having one, but in reality, the watch isn't going to fall off your wrist. Second, a prime factor in buying the Eco-drive was the thought that I'd (theoretically) never have to take the watch for service or have it opened up, not needing a battery. However, Citizen recommends inspection of gaskets every 2-3 years, so it somewhat defeats the purpose. I doubt I will actually get it serviced, as the warranty is so limited anyway. After 3 years, I'll probably take my chances on the watch.

I give the watch 4 stars (vs. 5) because of the lack of a safety clasp and Citizen's advertising/web honesty -- I feel they should be more upfront about their recommendations for service, instead of giving the impression that the watch will run forever.
on March 15, 2006
Really a cool looking one....hope it stays long....worth buying..beautiful dial!!!
on January 9, 2007
I was quite impressed by the quick delivery. The watch was a Christmas present for my husband. I have got to tell you, we were both surprised when he unwrapped the watch; him, because it was the exact watch he wanted and me because the way it was packaged along with a 5 year warranty and instructions on how to return it to Amazon should a problem arise with it. My husband loves it because it runs on solar/light power and he never needs to wind or buy batteries for it. This watch was so much less $ then Macy's and other online watch stores that he now owns two!
on January 10, 2007
This is a great watch for the price! I've had it for two years already and it's still ticking. It's very durable. Even though I banged it a few times while wearing it, I haven't broken it and the crystal only has minor scratches. It's not very ostentatious, but it is pleasing to look at. And, oh yeah, it keeps accurate time.
on December 26, 2007
I had the previous model in black for 4 years. Never stopped and never had to service. I'm hoping this will compare. I saw reviews of looking small but I'm 200 pounds and I get comments all the time how nice it is.....It has my approval.......
on January 31, 2008
I've had this watch for a little over a month. It looks very classy without being garish or "over the top." I've been particularly impressed with its accuracy. I set the watch once - when it was given to me as a gift - and it is still so accurate that I can't detect any variance from my radio-controlled clock. I like the fact that the watch displays both the day of the week and the date of the month. The watch hands are easy to see in the dark, though as someone else pointed out, the watch face has no glow-in the dark features. I've had no problem keeping the watch running with the light that it obtains from ordinary day-to-day exposure. I did have to take the watch to a jeweler to get the watch band adjusted - I think adjusting the band is a job for a professional. My cost for that was $10. The watch band is very comfortable, and feels very secure on my wrist.
on July 18, 2011
I purchased this watch for my father as a Christmas/birthday gift. He's typically always worn a nice watch, but with an alligator or leather band. He wanted something that was a little more versatile; something he could wear to work and also more formal events (the leather bands just weren't cutting it). He's also a "no-frills" kind of guy, so I wanted to find something that looked simple, but had very good quality. After a LOT of searching (I mean days and days of searching), I finally came upon this watch. I love the dark blue backface, the sleek matte silver band (its not a very shiny metal), and all of the other aspects of the watch. I purchased this several years ago and he still wears it every single day. It's held up fantastically.
Thank you!
on February 3, 2007
bought as a gift for friend, they loved it. it is a little small for larger wrists though.