Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Citizen Men's BM8240-03E Eco-Drive Stainless Steel...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 39% off the $175.00 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Citizen Men's BM8240-03E Eco-Drive Stainless Steel Watch with Leather Band
|Price:||$131.25 & FREE Shipping. FREE Returns. Details|
|You Save:||$43.75 (25%)|
- Round solar-powered watch featuring black dial with stick/Arabic markers and magnified day/date window at 3 o'clock
- 36 mm stainless steel case with mineral dial window
- Japanese quartz movement with analog display
- Genuine-leather band with buckle closure
- Water resistant to 30 m (99 ft): In general, withstands splashes or brief immersion in water, but not suitable for swimming.
Special Offers and Product Promotions
A men's Eco-Drive timepiece at its' best. The stainless steel case, black leather and simple black dial, pull together every outfit in an instant. The timepiece is highlighted with day/date indicator, stainless steel hour indicators and water resistance.
As a true manufacture d’horlogerie, CITIZEN integrates a comprehensive manufacturing process from creating individual components to a watch’s final assembly. It’s an artisan’s approach to watch making based on pushing forward the boundaries of technology and leveraging our experience toward exploring new possibilities.
One pivotal technological breakthrough was the development of a light-driven watch. CITIZEN pioneered this engineering innovation well ahead of other watch manufacturers as early as 1976, which led to the launch of the highly acclaimed Eco-Drive in 1995. Utilizing electrical power converted from virtually any light source, this extraordinary innovation changed forever the way watches could be powered. Eco-Drive eliminated the need to ever replace batteries, which made it especially beneficial to areas where such specialist batteries were not obtainable. This leveled the field for citizens of virtually every country to be able to experience unrestricted joy of wearing and using a CITIZEN watch.
The product development policy, “The Fusion of Technology and Beauty,” remains a constant motivation for us to merge cutting-edge technology with perfection of design beauty, which as a consequence inspires people to strive to be their best at any time.
CITIZEN launches a new campaign in collaboration with Wieden+Kennedy, Better Starts Now. This is the simple belief that no matter who you are or what you do, it is always possible to make something better — and now is the time to start doing it. We believe that better and now are both infinite, and that there is always a next ‘better’ and a new ‘now’ in which you can start pursuing it. It was clear from the onset of this project that we are dedicated to this ideal…not to the past but to the present, and all the way we can improve it. To help communicate this belief to the world we have created a new global CITIZEN brand movie, brand identity and brand website that represents out Better Starts Now philosophy.
- Product Dimensions: 5.9 x 5.9 x 5.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 8 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B000EQS1D8
- Item model number: BM8240-03E
- Date first available at Amazon.com: March 15, 2005
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
|Brand, Seller, or Collection Name||Citizen|
|Dial window material type||Mineral|
|Case material||Stainless steel|
|Case diameter||36 millimeters|
|Band width||20 millimeters|
|Bezel material||Stainless steel|
|Calendar||Day and date|
|Special features||Second hand|
|Water resistant depth||99 Feet|
Top Customer Reviews
I contacted both the online USA citizen watch customer service as well as called the phone number for the California based service center. Both informed me that the normal wear of a band is not covered under warranty. I could send the watch in and have them evaluate it but likely it would not be covered. I sent them the attached pictures in the online submission and they directed me to parts to order a new band. I would have thought a band would last at least a year without cracking apart and irritating my wrist. The cracks stated at 6 months and are progressively getting worse each day. I like my watch but I think I am going to try another brand for the band and not replace it with one from their parts department.
1. Eco-drive. (Of course.) So far, no hiccup whatsoever. I do wear it everyday so the battery never got a chance to discharge. I hate to drive to the mall and wait for half an hour just to get your battery swapped. And the new battery (which often cost a bundle) inevitably lasts much shorter than the original battery. That's why I stopped using my previous watch (which is a pretty good Victorinox).
2. Dual calendar. To me it's a must. I look at my watch to find the date to sign/date (and I do that quite often). During summer time when I'm not teaching, I can lose track of what day it is, so that's must for me too.
3. Reasonably clean face. How difficult it is to get a really simple, classic design: large numerals, black on white or white on black? It turns out: quick difficult. The numerals are too narrow for my liking. I'd go with the Timex watches if they had life-long batteries. On the balance, the design is good enough.
4. Price. For less than $100, it's got a very good value-to-price ratio. (I didn't find anything better 6 years ago, which is why I bought this one.)
CONS: (quite minor)
1. (This isn't their fault as much as mine.) Leather strap. I liked the classy look. The black leather definitely got that. But unfortunately, genuine leather doesn't like water (being a guy, that wasn't something I know as women seem to very early on). So what good is a water-resistant watch with water-phobic straps. After some contact with water and just sweating in ball games, the back side of the leather is in ugly shape.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This was a gift for my son. We have researched watches for awhile. For a year he has bought several watches and returned them. Read morePublished 3 days ago by Taz
I love this watch (Citizen BM8240-03E). I bought it 5 or 6 years ago, and wear it almost every day. Read morePublished 17 days ago by Paul R
Great watch, looks exactly like the picture, very durable and accurate.Published 19 days ago by Sheila Cardin
I don't like chunky wrist watches. I love this watch. Looks great. No interference with long sleeves. Never needs batteries. Not expensive.Published 26 days ago by D. Snyder
Beautiful watch, very minimalistic, matches any outfit you may need to wear it with. Solar power Eco drive so you never need to worry about batteries, the Eco drive also works... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Justin Marc Cumberland
I own a stainless steel Citizen Eco-Drive with stainless steel band that is now over a decade old and is still going strong. Read morePublished 1 month ago by R. Kistler