4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Watch
This is an excellent watch. It is thinner than I had thought it might be, given it is solar powered. I would have preferred a smooth finish black band instead of the cheaper pieced look, but overall it I really enjoy it. The only other thing I would have liked was if the hands illuminated in the dark.
Published on July 23, 2007 by R. Johnston

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, Strap Problem
Published on July 5, 2008 by Mr Geoff

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Watch, July 23, 2007
This review is from: Citizen Men's BM8240-03E "Eco-Drive" Stainless Steel and Black Leather Strap Watch (Watch)

5.0 out of 5 stars This watch is a part of me., October 18, 2007
I've had this watch for a little over a year now, and it's still working...hasn't missed a beat! It's so light, I don't even know it's there, yet, I feel naked without it. I've worn it almost every day for about 18 hours each day. It's been banged like hell, but cosmetically, it still looks great! There's maybe two scratches on the glass, but that's my fault, not the watch's. I can't believe how many compliments I've gotten about how it's "me" in a watch form--it's simple but very very classy. I can't praise it enough!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, Strap Problem, July 5, 2008
I love the watch so much that I also bought the gold/brown model. Time is perfect and the weight is nice and light. The leather strap is making my wrist break out. After wearing the watch for a week I have a red ring around my wrist. After researching issues I found that some leathers are tanned with chrominum instead of animal fats. I contacted Citizen Customer Service and was directed to main headquaters in Japan. I never received a reply.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant watch, April 6, 2010
Harry J. Pickett "HP" (Adelaide, South Australia) - See all my reviews
I purchased this watch from Amazon seller Timex. They were prompt and really did a great job on packaging. The watch is rather light, and I can see myself replacing the band soon. If you have a medium or large wrist expect to have to get another band. When you get your watch read the instructions! I know the is not something guys normally do, but in this case it is essential. What I did was read them on the Citizen web page while waiting for my order to arrive. Make sure you charge the watch outside in the sun is best or under a lamp (not too close!) for a few hours with the crown fully out. Once that's done setting the time is a matter of following the product instructions (the thick booklet!). You don't have to grip the crown to turn it, just run for finger lightly either counterclockwise to set the date or clockwise for day. Note that the crown has a 0-1-2 position. I love this watch and will probably get the brown/Gold one as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, August 3, 2007
Love this watch for the price. Needed something to take to the bar or parties that wouldnt matter too much if lost or stolen. But then I got this watch and I like it so much that i would be pissed if I actually did lose it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you need, August 20, 2008
This Citizen Eco-Drive watch provides everything that you could need in timepiece. The display is attractive and easy to read, with the date and day of the week clearly displayed in characters large enough to read with just a glance. Also, several people (including myself) have commented on the use of "12-8-4" as the only printed numerals on the face, something rather unique that really adds to the overall presentation. The total package is also quite light, thanks the combination of thin timepiece with a leather band. This watch is certainly more comfortable than any watch with a metal band that I've owned. Lastly, the solar-charging battery in this unit means that it should run for a very long time without needing a new battery.

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it., January 3, 2009
J. R. Short (Virginia Beach, VA) - See all my reviews
I didn't know about the eco-drive feature when I bought a Citizen watch about a year ago, but since that one broke, I was intrigued before I bought this one. I did not take the time to put it in direct sunset to charge it up, but evidently, it did not need that. The watch keeps perfect time, and the setting of the day of the week and the date are easier than my previous watch. For the price, this watch is superb.

5.0 out of 5 stars Black Beauty, December 7, 2008
I have owned several watches including Tag Heuer, Seiko, Swatch, Swiss Army, Timex, and more..., and this watch is nice..it is a good buy for the price and features it offers. I like the day+date feature, solar powered cell, and casual look that allows you to wear it any where...I recommend it if you are looking for a decent and sharp look.

5.0 out of 5 stars watch purchase, January 28, 2009
T. Woolley (Long Island, NY) - See all my reviews
I was looking for a quality watch without spending a lot of money. I found this very attractive Citizen Eco-Drive Men's black leather watch #BM8240-03E
The workmanship is excellent, the fact that you need no batteries is a
plus and it keeps perfect time. I would recommend this watch to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Watch, September 14, 2008
Dressy without being flashy. No loud "tick". Knob doesn't dig into my wrist. Solar recharge. Perfect!

Rate and Discover Movies