Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback May4th

on May 20, 2009
The pictures on Amazon do not do this watch justice (even Citizen's website isn't very good). I originally wanted a titanium watch to match my wedding ring and after searching amazon I almost purchased one. My wife convinced me to go to the local department store and I found this watch right away. It looks incredible! I think it is much more eligant than the titanium bands. It is easy to read, light weight, and classy.
on December 10, 2010
I replaced a Seiko with this watch mainly because each time I had the battery changed the screw on back became scarred and the integrity of the gaskets come into question. Also the crown on the Seiko was not stainless steel and any other metal melts my skin in the summertime.

Pros:

I looks really nice and, as other people have stated, the internet pictures do not do justice to the actual view. The band is extremely comfortable and I like the locking clasp. The Seiko clasp had to be continually bent inwards to maintain a secure grip. Adjusting the band to my smaller wrist was simple and achieved with a paper clip. Not having to regularly open the case is a definite plus. The eventual day and date adjustments work much better than the Seiko and that was always an irritant to me. The time is kept well within expected range.

Cons:

The blue dial is a bit dark in dim light, though the markers on the dial are well reflected when turned in any direction. The watch is a bit heavier and thicker than the Seiko, but I guess that could be expected in different technology. The Seiko band is a bit more flexible and I do move a lot in the course of a day.

Conclusions:

I like it, and if the Eco-Drive movement is not merely hype I will keep buying this brand. It appears at this point to be as good quality as the Seiko that I have relied on for about twenty years.
on July 21, 2008
I shopped around quite a while for a simple, elegant, and thin-cased watch to replace a 15 year-old Seiko, whose time had run out. The case had lost its integrity due to the many battery changes. Well, this Citizen supposedly doesn't need battery replacement due to its constantly being charged by light. We shall see...so far so good.
The only con is that the day/date is a little small and difficult for these old eyes to see; but it "ain't" going back. Everything else is simply beautiful about it.
on January 3, 2013
This is my third Citizen Eco-Drive. I love the technology (and styling) so much that I gave one to my wife and this is my second. My first is a Calibre BL9000-59F Perpetual Calendar Minute Repeater, and while I am quite fond of it, keeping the various dials and hands in sync, leap-year and repeater chimes programmed correctly etc.is, frankly, a pain. Once it's all set, it's fine, but when something changes, or, as is often the case, someone is admiring the watch and presses one of the buttons--wham, get the manual out to get everything back in place. Also, like many popular styled pilot or racing type watches, the dial is, to me, cluttered with things I never use or need. So, as much as I like that watch, I wanted a blue-dial stainless watch that is SIMPLE. This Corso delivers. The watch, to me, is flat out gorgeous. I love the look of the subtle chamfer styling cues, the un-cluttered blue dial is the perfect color for me, and the dial and hands really contrast well and make it very easy read in just about any lighting. The only small knock I would give would be the stamped, thin clasp. It's not near as nice as my Calibre, but then again the price of the Corso reflects that.

All-in-all, if you're looking for a subtly elegant blue dial watch at a great price this one is tough to beat.
on November 15, 2011
This is my third Citizen Eco-Drive watch.
The first was constructed so the edge of the crystal sits proud of the bezel, allowing it to catch on things.
I eventually sent it back for repair and bought another for back up. (Citizen would not repair the watch under warranty)
I just sent the back up overseas with my son, so I needed to get another watch. I bought the Corso.

The watch and bracelet are beautiful!
The crystal is now nearly flush with the bezel.
The Day/Date window is large enough for me to read (the previous watch was date only and the window too small for my old eyes to see it)
The luminous dial only applies to the hands and NOT the numbers, so you need to make sure you are not tilted when you read the dial.
The timekeeping, like my other Eco-drives is excellent.

I much prefer the Eco-Drive over the Seiko Automatics I used before.
All in all, I am happy with Citizen watches but my experience with their customer service was unsatisfactory.
on March 19, 2011
As other reviewers have noted, this watch looks better in person than on screen. It's an attractive, comfortable, accurate everyday watch for someone looking for something with a bit of style. The face and band are both moderately large, so it's probably best for someone with a medium to large build. The movement is operated by a Li-ion battery that recharges via solar power. I made sure it was fully charged when I first received it. Since then (a few months), I've never done anything special with it, and it's running just fine, even though it has often been covered up by my winter long sleeves. The day and date are easy to set and to read. The watch is silent, and the crystal thus far has resisted scratches. I haven't fully tested the waterproof aspect of the watch, but splashing it occasionally while washing my hands or getting it wet in the rain hasn't been a problem. Note that, according to the manual, you should return the watch to a Citizen repair center every 3-5 years to get the rubber waterproofing gasket replaced.

I've been very pleased with this purchase, after being a bit disappointed by a previous purchase of the Seiko 5. The Seiko (less expensive) was less accurate, and I found that the painted numbers on the bezel were prone to losing their paint.
on February 20, 2013
My word, how many watches I've ordered from Amazon and been disappointed. Why didn't I take others' advice?
Simple, classic, sturdy, sophisticated watch, just what every male needs to look finished.
Not flashy, but dependable and clean.
A rock solid choice.
on February 20, 2013
I love this watch. The eco-drive basically means that you don't have to do anything to it and it will keep on running forever. You don't have to wind it, wear it, put batteries in it, keep it in sunlight... nothing. In fact, if you throw this watch in a drawer and take it out a year from now, it will have kept perfect time.

Also, the dark face, light (luminous) hands and easy to read markings make it simple to see in any lighting conditions. It was a real challenge to find a watch with both the day of the week and the date that was as clean looking and easy to read as this watch face.

Finally, this watch is a great value. I am hard on my everyday watch. I wear it constantly while working, during sports, etc. I have owned at least three of them over the years. If I don't crack the crystal by slamming it into something, or break the band by catching it on something, then this watch would have lasted me at least five years.
on May 19, 2014
I bought this watch on Feb. 21, 2011 and received in a couple of days. It is in warranty(five years warranty).
It was pretty good after I received it. However, three years past, I occasionally realized my watch ate time. I talked to customer service, and was informed to fully charge it over 11 hours. I did it. Same problem. I was informed to recharge it and try it again. Tried again, same problem. Finally the customer service told me to mail it on my responsibility. The postage will not be covered and reimbursed. My watch is still in warranty. Why should I pay for the shipping fee? If I broke it or abused it, I fully understand it, but it is not. This warranty term is not very nice.
on October 10, 2011
First one I received had a bad seal in it. So after being in the pool it had condensation built up under the cover and stopped working. I filled out a return form and notified Amazon of the issue on the return form. Received my replacement and have not had an issue with the seal on this one. The pin that holds the watch to the band however came out very easily. So now I have to get a replacement pin for it. The watch however is still ticking and looks great.