5.0 out of 5 stars Eco-Drive WR100
Published on February 12, 2010 by ks

3.0 out of 5 stars Watch
The watch is light and thin just like I was looking for. It has good classic rock. The service has a smidge of glare when reviewing the time but nothing that is outrageous
Published 6 months ago by Peter Higgins

5.0 out of 5 stars Eco-Drive WR100, February 12, 2010
This review is from: Citizen Men's BM8430-59E Eco-Drive WR100 Sport Watch (Watch)
I am a very picky person, and originally i wanted an Omega watch that looked great, but the price tag was $3,000. I did a lot of research before i found another watch that i liked in the price range i could afford. This citizen is great, the cool features (like no battery needed) help, but i really like the way this watch looks and feels. The only thing that i would improve on this watch is the look of the watch hands (or whatever they are called). They make the watch look a bit cheap. I think if the hands were better looking the watch would look very classy. Besides that, I love this watch and have to say its my best purchase of 2009.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good looking, solid watch, October 8, 2010
I have had this watch for about 1 month as of this review. From looks to function, it does not disappoint. This watch seems to be very well made with close attention paid to detail. There are no blemishes or misalignment of the watch itself or the bracelet. The finish is high quality; bright and shiny for the gloss sections and with an even luster of the brushed stainless steel parts. I had to remove some bracelet links with the Citizen split pin tool that came with the promotion Amazon was running. This was not hard to do but required very careful attention and good close-up eyesight.

The watch seemed to be running as soon as I took it out of it's cylindrical box. I thought that was odd until I read that as soon as the watch is exposed to light, it starts. I left it on the window ledge of my home the first day in bright sunshine and it has kept running since. Setting the time, day and date was rather easy after following the instructions. So far, after almost 1 month, my watch has lost about 1 second compared to the analog atomic clock in my home - not to shabby to say the least!!

This watch is also a bit smaller in diameter than many contemporary watches at 36mm. I am grateful for this because I have a thin wrist. I wanted a new watch that would not look like a pocket watch strapped to my wrist (and indeed, some watches today are the diameter of old pocket watches!). Furthermore, it fits easily under the cuff of my shirt whereas I am not sure that a large diameter thick watch could.

All in all, I have a well made, solar powered, highly accurate watch that looks good in practically any setting. I am very happy with my purchase and recommend Citizen.

4.0 out of 5 stars Citizen watch review, September 9, 2008
Very nice looking watch. The first one I received didn't work properly and Amazon prompty exchanged it for a new one. The second one works well and looks great!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great watch for the price, November 2, 2008
Troy Morgan "tamorgan" (Pine Grove, PA United States) - See all my reviews
I found this watch in a jewelry store and came home and purchased it on Amazon for about half the price. It is a great watch for what I need it for and for the price. I wear it with business casual wear and even with jeans. It looks great and so far has held up great. Overall a great watch for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch, February 16, 2014
Have had no issues with this watch. Looks great, but be aware that it looks MUCH more like picture 5 than picture 1. The outer rings are not obtrusive, but this watch does NOT have a plain black face as picture 1 would suggest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Watch not as shown in picture, November 12, 2013
The watch looks great and as with all the Eco Drive watches it keeps great time.

The picture don't show it well (to a slightly color blind male) but the dial is a dark grey. It looks black in some light and grey in others. I read that on a review so I wasn't surprised by it when it came.

There are also lines that go in between the number hashes.

I think the first picture of this watch is inaccurate. Look at the picture with the millimeter ruler. That is a much more accurate picture of what you'll be buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Handsome watch, November 25, 2012
I reviewed a lot of watches before deciding to purchase this one. This is a great dressy or everyday look with a little class. I am very happy with the look and functionality and my husband likes how he can wear it with anything. No need for batteries is a great plus! He has had it for several months and no problems with scratches. We had to take several links out and it still looks great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Appropriate for dress or casual, August 5, 2012
I own another Citizen watch (Hyperland Duplex dive watch) in addition to 3 other brands. In looking for a new watch, I wanted something that I could dress up with, but not have a watch too glitzy that I couldn't wear it with loafers and a button-down. I found that in this watch. I have trusted my life with my Citizen dive watch and was not let down so I considered Citizen for one of my options. The price was great and it looks like it cost 2 to 3 times what I paid for it. I'm not one to purchase something such as a watch sight-unseen, but I am happy with this purchase.
I'll follow up later after I have had a chance to wear it several times

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality, May 6, 2012
I bought this for my son and he likes it very much. It has been keeping great time for the last thrre months. One issue I have is that it was advertised as coming with a tool to adjust the band. There was no such tool in the shipment and my son had to go to a jeweler to have it sized. I did try to contact Amazon about this but the service rep had no idea what I was talking about.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Watch all around, October 9, 2012
I've purchased Citizen watches in the past and have always come away happy with their product. I would say that my only complaint is that the band is difficult to size and since I have smallish wrists, that can be a bit of a problem.

By and large, however, the weight & balance are excellent, the appearance is marvelous and the watch is worthwhile purchase. I highly recommend it.

Citizen Men's BM8430-59E Eco-Drive WR100 Sport Watch