4.0 out of 5 stars Cool Watch
Something different with the minutes being bold yellow. I would recommend this to other shoppers. Great Eco-Drive Watch for my collection.
Published 14 months ago by Kenneth Mazer

3.0 out of 5 stars While I like the watch I had to return it because it ...
Published 2 months ago by Edward Williams

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool Watch, July 23, 2013
This review is from: Citizen Men's BV1085-14E Eco-Drive Black Nylon Strap Watch (Watch)

4.0 out of 5 stars my 2nd Citizen Eco Drive, not the last, June 9, 2014
I got this watch and a Seiko 5 Automatic today, (the Seiko is going back, I wanted to try an automatic movement but its was DOA...so there..i tried it, and nope ..dont like em). This is my second Citizen watch I`ve bought. I've had expensive Aviation and dive watches before but they always failed after battery changes that went bad. I finally said enough with batteries and got an Eco Drive. Best desicion I ever made. My old Citizen is very accurate ( +/- 1min/year) but getting a little boring. I use it at work on constrution sites. Its still my work watch and I wanted another one for off days.
This watch is very nice, easy to read, glows pretty good, nice finish, 43mm case is about perfect size, yellow on black is interesting and gives it a unique, clean "all bussiness" look without being to busy, full of subdials & gadgets you never use.
CONS:
1. black band and black case is a little much. So Im gonna put a Gray Zulu/NATO 4 band on it.
2. second hand not luminous (not a big deal)
3. The crown protrudes a little too much
4. date window is very small
5. Youll spend all your money on more Citizen Eco-Drive watches.
But im being Very critical, trying to find cons.
Oh, and I got a refund on the Seiko instead of exchange. Im not gonna bother with trying another one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Citizen Men's BV1085-14E Eco-Drive, December 26, 2013
Citizen is my new favorite watch maker. I've ordered six Eco-Drive watches this past year and no regrets. As a watch collector I have two Rolex watches, one from 1944 and the other 1950. In addition, I own over 50 watches, a varied collection of all types and makers. I've put them all away under my bed since I've started collecting the Eco-Drive models I've purchased through Amazon. I love these watches and the Citizen Men's BV1085-14E Eco-Drive Watch is my 4th Citizen watch purchase out of six.
This watch is beautiful, I love the yellow hands and numbers against the black face and bezel. I enjoy looking at this watch and I always receive a compliment or two when I wear it.
The main reason I give this watch a 5 star rating is due to its accuracy. I've had this watch 5 or 6 months and it hasn't missed a second of accuracy.
If you like black, sleek watches, this one is for you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Solar watch that looks really sharp with the Hadley Roma Kevlar band, November 8, 2013
Length:: 2:22 Mins

This is an awesome watch that takes very little light for it to glow. I purchased a Hadley Roma band with it, although the band that was on there was fine. I just really wanted the Hadley Roma band. The band I purchased was the Hadley-Roma Men's MSM848RA 220 22-mm Black Genuine 'Kevlar' Watch Strap, and it really gives the watch an upgraded look and feel.

Hadley-Roma Men's MSM848RA 220 22-mm Black Genuine 'Kevlar' Watch Strap

5.0 out of 5 stars Like This Watch!, June 23, 2014
This watch is fashioned after a WWII navigator's watch. The yellow numbers and hands are a good contrast against the black face. The black canvas strap is well made and should hold up a long time. The Eco-Drive build is an added plus in that the watch charges itself and battery replacement is not necessary. The numbers and hands will glow for quite awhile in the dark. The crown is large enough to easily grip if you need to change the time and the case feels substantial. This watch is becoming one of my favorites in my collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful watch!, July 21, 2014
This watch looks great. Not too big, not too small. Beautiful black case. Very easy to read. Strap is OK, and not short as read in other reviews, and I weigh 200lbs so I don't have skinny wrists... Yes, it's basic and could use a more premium strap, but it's comfortable. Excellent quality price at a good price. Really happy about this purchase so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Citizen, December 16, 2013
I received this watch because as a gift. I love the bright yellow on the face, it makes the numbers really pop. The glow on the watch isn't very bright, especially after a few minutes in the dark - and also glows a light blue which was a little surprising. The one downside to this, and my other Eco-Drives is that the date feature is set back from the face quite a bit making it hard to read at an angle. I did change out the canvas strap, the eyelets have a metal ring around them that made it a little uncomfortable. Overall this is a great watch, that has attracted comments and compliments almost every time I've worn it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, November 20, 2013
William Mills (Highlands Ranch, CO USA) - See all my reviews
Great watch. Really like the yellow digits. Very comfortable. The watch band is quite short...even with small wrists it's very close to the end notch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Looking and Simple Watch, December 28, 2013
I was looking for a great looking and simple watch for casual days when I am out and about in casual sports wear or driving on my frequent road trips. I love Citizen Eco-Drive because I hate replacing watch batteries. This watch takes care of all of your needs in a simple package. The luminescence is not as good as some of my other Eco-Drive watches but its still better than any non-Eco watch I have owned. The only thing I don't like is the stiff and off-centered nylon strap that causes the watch to not center-up on my wrist. It's a definite detractor and I wanted to like the strap but I think I will be replacing it with something like a carbon fiber strap. Despite that, I still consider it a good purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars While I like the watch I had to return it because it ..., July 21, 2014
Edward Williams (Panama City, FL United States) - See all my reviews
While I like the watch I had to return it because it would not keep accurate time. I think the capacitor was bad as it did not seem to stay charged. This is my 3rd Eco-drive watch, the first is a dress watch and it didn't want to wear it everyday, so I got a model similar to this one, but I misplaced it and ordered this one. In the end I would order it again if I was choosing a good everyday watch

Rate and Discover Movies