Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Citizen Men's BV1085-14E Eco-Drive Black Nylon Strap Watch
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on February 9, 2015
The date window is very small, otherwise a nice looking watch.
I just upgraded from a Seiko 5 which I had for about 2 years, this one is significantly bigger so I took some pics in case anyone else is doing a similar upgrade and wants to know what their new watch will look like in comparison.
I'll update this review after I've worn it around for a while.

UPDATE:
It's about 6 months later, I've got a touch of insomnia, so might as well update this review.

Accuracy on this watch is excellent. The Seiko would loose about 3 minutes a week, this watch I don't think has lost more than a couple of seconds in the 6 months I've been wearing it. Now there is a caveat to it's accuracy, and that is the ginormous snagtastic crown that this watch has. I have caught the crown more than a few times on objects (usually while unloading trucks, snagging a bit of stretch wrap) and that has caused the hands to spin to a random location. So with the Seiko I had a predictable loss of 3 minutes per week, and with the Citizen I get the occasional total loss of knowing what time it is altogether.
Given the superb accuracy of this watch I have no idea why they felt the need to make the crown so big, seeing how it only really needs to be pulled every other month to adjust the date (which is almost unreadable anyways).

The band is comfy once it gets broken in. I hated the band for the first month or so, and I have a wrist that fell between two hole sizes, but after 6 months the band seems to have shrunk that half size and now fits perfectly on the 4th hole and has softened up nicely. I don't wear my watch in the shower, so it has not gotten 'funky' as others have reported.

Durability seems excellent also. There are very few light scratches on the glass and the only place where the black enamel is coming off is on that snagtastic crown. Also I recently had the pleasure of falling about 10 feet off of a ladder onto my left side. The watch separated from the band on impact and landed about 15 feet from my body. The watch was unharmed, I'm still a bit sore.

The only thing keeping me from giving this watch a full 5 stars is the size of the crown, other than that this is an excellent time piece.
review image review image review image
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon December 9, 2014
Excellent, analog Citizen!

This is my second Citizen watch and is used exclusively at work where I need to see the time and nothing else. The luminous numbers light up well in a patient's room when the lights are dimmed.

The band, which is cloth, will become smelly and bacteria ridden within a few weeks. However, I found a solution with the Rubbertech Silicone Rubber band here:

The numbers will confuse some people as the minutes are more pronounced than the hours, but it actually works better for viewing. The second hand is luminous as well.

I put the watch in a glass of water overnight with no issues.

A very nice watch for everyday work wear and casual attire.
review image review image review image
on December 26, 2013
Citizen is my new favorite watch maker. I've ordered six Eco-Drive watches this past year and no regrets. As a watch collector I have two Rolex watches, one from 1944 and the other 1950. In addition, I own over 50 watches, a varied collection of all types and makers. I've put them all away under my bed since I've started collecting the Eco-Drive models I've purchased through Amazon. I love these watches and the Citizen Men's BV1085-14E Eco-Drive Watch is my 4th Citizen watch purchase out of six.
This watch is beautiful, I love the yellow hands and numbers against the black face and bezel. I enjoy looking at this watch and I always receive a compliment or two when I wear it.
The main reason I give this watch a 5 star rating is due to its accuracy. I've had this watch 5 or 6 months and it hasn't missed a second of accuracy.
If you like black, sleek watches, this one is for you!
on July 23, 2013
Something different with the minutes being bold yellow. I would recommend this to other shoppers. Great Eco-Drive Watch for my collection.
on July 21, 2014
This watch looks great. Not too big, not too small. Beautiful black case. Very easy to read. Strap is OK, and not short as read in other reviews, and I weigh 200lbs so I don't have skinny wrists... Yes, it's basic and could use a more premium strap, but it's comfortable. Excellent quality price at a good price. Really happy about this purchase so far.
on December 28, 2013
I was looking for a great looking and simple watch for casual days when I am out and about in casual sports wear or driving on my frequent road trips. I love Citizen Eco-Drive because I hate replacing watch batteries. This watch takes care of all of your needs in a simple package. The luminescence is not as good as some of my other Eco-Drive watches but its still better than any non-Eco watch I have owned. The only thing I don't like is the stiff and off-centered nylon strap that causes the watch to not center-up on my wrist. It's a definite detractor and I wanted to like the strap but I think I will be replacing it with something like a carbon fiber strap. Despite that, I still consider it a good purchase.
on November 27, 2015
nice larger faced watch. the band fits nicely and is not too stiff. The hands are luminous in the dark, but a little hard to see. very solid, quality feel to the watch and the band. I am satisfied with the purchase.
on November 11, 2014
The band is cheap. The watch is very readable except for the date which is recessed deeply and not easily readable.If you decide to replace the band which could run for 25-30 dollars then you could be looking at a different class of watch and should avoid this. For this price they should have offered this with a metal band.
on October 2, 2014
10/3/15 This thing is ticking just as good as it did when I got it. I love it! I have since put a leather band on it but often switch to the other band depending on the situation.

I got my watch while aboard the Carnival Elation cruise in their Fun Shops. I paid just around $130 without taxes (international waters). I have to say this is one excellent watch! There are many versions of this watch out there, some with just the hours, and some like this with the big, bold minutes. This is favorable to me and many others as that is the most important thing to them when glancing at your watch. The glow of this watch is sufficient, not overly bright. Just right. This watch appeared so good that my Dad (who went with me on the cruise) decided to pick up a watch from the Eco-Drive line (A more sophisticated leather banded version) also. So far it has kept time very well, actually very good. The build quality of this watch is also extraordinary. It just feels right. The glass on this may not be scratch resistant and only 100M water resistant (compared to my Dads 300M water resistant and anti-scratch coating) but it looks crystal clear even after being nearly 2 months off the cruise. All in all this is one great watch at a great price (If you pay under $150.00). Recommended!
on January 5, 2015
Another great Eco-Drive watch from Citizens. I like the yellow numerals. I use this as a sports watch and the numbers are clearly visible at any time of day or weather condition. Con: Although I have read some reviews that say they like the canvass band that comes with the watch, I found it very uncomfortable and ended up ordering a rubber Voguestrap TX2232 Allstrap band that perfectly fits the watch and is more comfortable in my opinion. I tried to find a high quality rubber watch band sold directly by Citizens but was unable to locate one.