‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars good watch, April 1, 2014
This review is from: Citizen Men's BV1085-22H Stainless Steel Eco-Drive Watch (Watch)
good watch with leather surface in the inner side of the strap, very comfortable

nice shipment from usa to aus, it took only 10 working days...

4.0 out of 5 stars OK for a Work Watch, May 7, 2014
This is your basic mid price range Citizen watch. What is unique about this watch face, is the outer numbers are numbered in five minute increments so users can more easily read the minutes, versus by hour. I find this helpful, if you're working and need to quickly determine dry times or how long since you've performed a task in minutes. The outer perimeter minutes also help to quickly determine in between quarter hour minutes. (ie. The minutes design used on perimeter of this watch face diminishes the amount of time to distinguish between 1:05 & 1:10, 1:20 & 1:25, 1:35 & 1:40, ...) This also seems to help with memory retention as the minutes are not commonly shown on a normal watch face, requiring the minutes to be visualized instead of seen. Then later the minutes are usually more difficult to recall.

All in all, I'd say this watch has an unusual but well thought-out and logical watch face design!

Pros
1) Easily distinguishable numbers with outer edge minute markings.
2) Luminescent for night time use.
3) Soft leather within the inner clothe strap; very comfortable wearing.
4) Citizen quality.
5) Citizen watches now appear to have standardized straps, making interchanging straps easy without any fuss of the watch then looking weird.

Cons
1) Advertised models are confusing when looking at their website. There are also black (BV1085-14E) and tan (BV1085-31E) strapped versions of this same similar watch face. (ie. List or group all BV1085-* models onto the same page.)

I'll probably buy a tan strap later for this green strapped (BV1085-22H) model, so that this watch doesn't look so military looking.

Since there's delicate leather on the back of these fabric cloth bands, probably a good idea to treat the leather with Lexol leather cleaner and non-darkening conditioner. (Reason for using the non-darkening condition versus regular Lexol conditioner, the leather on the underside of the strap is a delicate leather. Correct leather experts?)

2014.07.08 - After acquiring the watch I originally wanted or set-out to buy initially, the Citizen BM8180-03E watch; I tend to like the face of the BM8180-03E watch much better then this one reviewed. The Citizen BM8180-03E watch does still include the designations for the minutes, but more subdued then the hour designations making the Citizen BM8180-03E watch much easier to read. However, the Citizen BM8180-03E watch has a thinner wrist band then this watch reviewed here and is non-interchangeable for this watches band. So I like the Citizen BM8180-03E watches face, but enjoy the wider more comfortable and easier to use Citizen BV1085-* watch wrist bands. (The Citizen BV1085-* watch faces with the larger bold minute designations are much too difficult to read for everyday use.)

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great watch!!!, February 6, 2014
This is my first Eco-Drive watch and man am I impressed!!! It has a simple military design with an OD Green nylon band that is very comfortable. The case is black as is the face with both white and orange numbers and hands so it is easy to read. The case is 43mm so it's a good size and has nice weight to it. It's casual and sporty and is an extremely cool timepiece!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Watch, December 17, 2013
I purchased this watch for more casual wear and it has more than lived up to the billing. It is a great watch, a slightly smokey face - not black. The orange hour markings really pop off of the face. The date marker is set back a little far, can be hard to see at an angle. I did change the band out for a light, natural leather band and it has given it a very nice, but still very casual look. I have to compliment Citizen because it is not as easy to tell where the solar panels of this watch are like on other Eco-Drives I own. This watch can be a little big, but I think the style and face are great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great daily wear watch...band not so much, August 4, 2014
I got this watch at a department store (starts with M and rhymes with Tracy) at the same price it was offered here. I was looking for a military styled watch which didn't require batteries, and I wanted something a bit nicer than my Casios. I have a G-Shock, a Pathfinder, and a couple other Waveceptor. I also have another Citizen Eco-Drive AT0660-6E, I believe, and a couple of Seiko 5 automatics. At any rate, I love the watch now I've replaced the awful band with something else. I bought a green rubber tire tread design strap (Toscana) from Amazon, and a couple of Hadley-Roma rubber straps as well. I'm not sure why Citizen hampers some of their nice watches with awful straps. The problem is the eyelets and their spacing will get it too loose or too tight...suck.

I find it to be a nice looking watch. I camp a lot, and don't have many occasions for dressing up. If I do, I'll just put on a nicer strap and I'm good to go. It's accurate, water resistant down further than I'll ever swim, but I don't have to remove it for showering. That was a turnoff for the Seikos, and the lack of accurate timekeeping. I like the orange highlights, the aforementioned Citizen was a bit too orange, lol. Good looking dial, easy to see without glasses, and very nice lume. The best part is no more bi-yearly or sooner battery replacement. Better for the planet too..can't beat that! I think this one is the best looking of the BV1085 series, but that's my opinion. If you're looking for a good beater everyday watch, I don't think you can go wrong with this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch so far, April 20, 2014
JMH (Denver, CO) - See all my reviews
I coupled this with a nylon wrist band, so far it's kept perfect time, is stylish, and looks great. I like how the seconds are listed on the outside, gives it a very distinct look. Lightweight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Citizen watches!!, September 4, 2013
This is my first Citizen and I have fallen in love... I have even bought another Citizen watch since purchasing this one and I love them both. Never needs a battery and is a perfect size and fit. I became brand loyal after wearing it one time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift for husband, he loves it, May 20, 2014
This watch is a nice size, great quality. The materials are comfortable. The wristband is durable. I highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great looking watch but the band's leather interior could have been better thought out, November 11, 2014
I love this watch! It's pretty functional and I love how its battery will last pretty much forever. The one thing about it is that the band's leather interior will start to smell if you sweat (it's a problem for me at least), so you have to be careful to clean it once in a while. Other than that I'm pretty happy with it and would recommend it to anyone looking for a good watch at a decent price.

5.0 out of 5 stars For great time...(get it?), July 14, 2014
As another review pointed out, it seems to be easier
to take a quick glance and know the time to the minute, with the 0-60 being prominent on the outside. So far, keeps excellent time, have an atomic self adjusting clock, and after a couple of weeks, this watch has stayed with it, to the second.
Only thing to criticize is the band. For a watch that is able to be worn in water, cloth is not my idea of a good material to use. Have already changed out to a black Casio band.(22mm). Other than that, I am very happy with the watch.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›