Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Citizen Men's CA0295-58E Eco-Drive Nighthawk Stainless Steel Watch
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on February 23, 2012
Love this watch! All black-plated stainless steal with charcoal gray numbers and dials that glow in the dark, however remain discrete in daylight. As are all Citizen's watches, this has Eco-Drive functionality and does NOT require a battery. I wear this watch to work with a button down long sleeve shirt and tie and have received many compliments! No complaints.
review image
1313 comments|81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 13, 2014
I love the way this watch looks and have gotten countless compliments on it. This is my first "higher end" watch (over $100) and while I do love the looks, I must say I am not impressed with the durability. Particularly the crystal face. Now I only wear this watch when I'm getting dressed up to go out, so maybe 2-3 times a month. I don't think I'm very hard on watched either, I've had the same $40 Timex for 5 years now that I wear to work everyday and it still looks almost new. It seems to me that this Citizen has a much softer face than my Timex. In less than a years time there are multiple, noticeable, scratches on it. One time I lightly bumped it off a table in a restaurant by accident and took a good size chunk out of the side bezel of the crystal.

I'm afraid to wear this watch out anymore. Plain and simple for the price I paid for it I would have expected something more durable. The rest of the watch still looks good, the black finish etc. but I'm one of those people who likes to keep my stuff looking brand new, so for me this was extremely irritating.

If your looking for something to keep in your collection and wear once every few years then this is the watch for you. If you are looking for something to wear everyday, and like me you get irritated when scratches seem to appear out of no-where I would look elsewhere.
on July 11, 2013
Very cool looking, all black watch but the black finish started coming off after 1 week of use. I expected better quality from a $300 watch.
on November 19, 2013
This watch is amazing. I have wanted this watch since I was a sophomore in college. After graduation I picked it up for a great price and wear it out everyday (including work). My biggest concern with this watch was the black finish on the band wearing down or scratching easily. I am an IT Professional that is constantly working on computer components and typing away at my desk. I have not had any issues with band wear yet (2 months).

The stealthy all black characteristic of this watch will catch eyes more often than you would think. I have had conversations with people where they are constantly looking at my wrist (meetings especially). I have gotten a handful of compliments on the watch within the first few months of use (my boss loves it).

Overall I am very satisfied with the size, weight, look, and durability of this watch. One of my best purchases.
on March 12, 2015
At first I really didn't like this watch. It's definitely harder to read than any other watch I own. However, it's beautiful once you actually look at the dial and detail built into it. The crystal is a mineral type so you would have to be very careful as it's nowhere near as scratch resistant as sapphire crystal. So, walking by a table or door knob will most likely scratch the crystal. Also being that it's painted black, it will wear and loose its color over time. Other than those drawbacks it's fantastic and I love wearing this timepiece. Don't hesitate.
review image
on December 30, 2014
I bought my watch about a month ago and held of on completing a review on it until now. Without a doubt I absolutely love my watch! I do not have any regrets buying it even after reading some reviews indicating that it could be hard to read in the dark. To those comments all I can say is it's a black watch without a light what do you expect. The watchband is easy to size and most would be able to complete this task by themselves. If your unsure of your abilities there are videos available on YouTube to view.

The watch wears perfectly on my wrist. It's functions are simple. Powered by light you never need to worry about replacing batteries. I would buy another watch like this in a heartbeat. I highly recommend this watch.
on September 3, 2014
I bought this for myself. I was fearful that the face is too dark but the hands and the numbers glow nicely after exposure to daylight and artificial light. It is a really awesome looking watch and I love it. Comes with a 5 year warranty off the bat and inside the box you can register the watch and get an additional year of warranty. No complaints and big fan of Citizen watches.
on September 17, 2015
I bought this watch less than 10 months ago and had to send it in for the following repairs which by the way are not covered by their supposed 5 yr guaranty. The crown with the stem fell off less than7 months of occasional use. The clasp that holds the strap together was not clasping as intended and the glass was chipped. I sent the watch in for repair to their service center and I got back a bill in the amount of 135 bucks. I had paid $200 for this watch on Amazon. As an example their clasp cost 52 bucks in parts!

Now I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place with regard to the repair itself. Do I go ahead and invest 135 bucks more in a watch that really has no warranty except in name or do I just buy a new watch from another more reliable manufacturer?

As for the watch itself, it kept decent time but if truth be told it is very hard to see or distinguish time unless you really peek hard. It is a good looking time piece with exceptionally poor build quality. CAVEAT EMPTOR ( Buyer Beware)!
on March 30, 2013
I generally like the Eco-drive concept and have a number of Citizen watches. All previous models have been sliver/chrome and this time I decided to try black. Watch, face and bezel are fine but the band paint, I honestly expected anodized aluminum or equivalent - something with wear resistance, began rubbing off with the first day of wear.

Took it to an "Authorized" Citizen repair facility within 30 days of purchase and was informed that Citizen does not warranty the band on any of their watches.

Note for those of us color challenged in the Red/Green spectra, we know who we are, probably not a good choice as the hands are very difficult to see in most lighting conditions.

Lastly, the date wheel is behind the solar cell and is so deep it is virtually unreadable. On previous models, it is white with black numerals and is much closer to the face thus relatively easy to read.

Best to avoid this and similar models for now.
44 comments|38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 11, 2015
great watch. love the design. love the black on black. warning: the face is black and hard to see in any low light, and forget about the dark. if you need to see this in dark places then forget it. that said, it is a really nice watch.