Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on February 1, 2013
I just received this watch today, and have spent the better part of the day admiring it. The photograph here on Amazon inspired me enough to get it, and now that it is here, I cannot say enough about it. I will not delve into the merits or mechanics of the eco drive, and will restrict my review to the aesthetics of the watch itself. The dial is a beautiful white, and the way it shines from every angle makes it incredibly pleasing to the eye. The white and black contrast looks great, and occasionally, from the right angle, the hour and minute hands gleam in the light. The time is clear and chronograph is nice and simple to use. Overall, I would recommend this watch wholeheartedly, as in my opinion, it looks a lot better than many of its far more expensive competitors. Great value and a great look. 5 STARS!
44 comments9 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 13, 2013
This is the first watch I have ever purchased in my life. I did my research beforehand and saw that Citizen Eco-Drive watches were quite durable. This particular model CA0331-05A really caught my eye. The white dial with black markings make for a great combination. Simple, clean, elegant! I've worn this watch in casual, business, and formal settings. It definitely catches people's eyes but it's not too flashy. The chronograph is easy to use and is triggered using the top right button. I should note that after 60 min. (the max) the chronograph stops. When I first started wearing the watch the strap was quite stiff. After a week or two of wear it softens up significantly. I'm almost 3 months in and have a few scratches on the case but that's inevitable. My only gripe with this watch is that the luminous hour and second hands need a lot of sunlight in order to have a visible glow. Overall I'd say this is an excellent first watch and would definitely recommend it to people.
review image
on August 1, 2014
I have been using this watch for more than 8 months. The time I bought this, I was on a quest for a great dress watch. I wanted a watch with: (i) a clean, uncluttered face; (b) legible and classy looking numbers on the face, and (c) dial colors that contrast the face for enhanced readability. This watch fit that bill perfectly.

Buying watches online is a bit of a gamble, but amazon had free returns so I went ahead anyway. When I received the watch, I simply could not take my eyes off this watch. This watch is really, really beautiful! I wear it most of the time and I love it. 8 months into wearing it, I still find myself staring at the watch and admiring how pretty it is.

If you want a dress watch which is classy looking, this one is a no brainer. I only wish Citizen came out with an upscale version of the same with perpetual calendar and radio controlled time keeping. But for its price and what it does (no battery replacement ever!), this watch is awesome.
on March 27, 2014
This Citizen eco-drive chronograph has a lot of IWC Portuguese in its design (which is a good thing, I suppose). It looks good from a distance, has a good movement, but its glass is not sapphire (and for over $200 it should be) and the dial, up close, feels a bit on the cheap side. For about the same money, you can often find perpetual eco-drive chronographs as well as titanium, sapphire-glass eco-drive chronographs, both of which are better values for what you're paying and are from the same brand.
on February 4, 2014
This is a great everyday watch for the money. Quality, look and feel are very nice. Also looks great if you swap out the stock band for a nice brown leather one.
on June 7, 2013
I do not like a watch to be flashy and ostentatious. This one is simple, yet substantial with a heavy, quality feel. Ideal for business-casual.
on February 23, 2014
The watch looks great on my wrist. I've had the watch for about 5 months now and I still love it. I have a more expensive Swiss watch, but I find myself wearing this one the most, if not all the time. It is not nor too heavy or too light, as well as feel and looks like a quality watch should. I love the Eco-Drive technology, this watch seems to stay on time all the time with no needed winding or movement (as the quarz). Just normal everyday lighting keeps it going (indoor lighting or outdoor lighting, and no light periods such as overnight sleep time). It is looks good on almost all occasions, specially at the office.
on October 18, 2013
Bought this watch last year for my fiance and he fell in love with it. It was well worth the price. It charges via solar power, which is a plus. The leather band is still in great condition, even though he has drenched it in water several times. Water resistant - this watch is def. water proof (at least under faucet, in the pool, and the shower). Still works like a charm and it keeps on ticking. Face of the watch has remained scratch free. Recommend this watch to anyone looking for a high quality watch that isn't going to break the bank.
on March 28, 2014
I wanted a watch that needs no new batteries, sick of that annual event. I just bought a black face eco drive watch and loved it. But I do have small wrists and 42mm I knew would be fairly big , it is, but I can deal with it. The fake leather band is so-so. The date square is too small & deep , hard to read it. But overall it does look great!!
on July 25, 2014
My fiances loves the non flashy look, however it scratched after 2 months. We were able to buff it out, but there was no returns possible. It would be nice if the face was a little more durable. He bought this watch to use flying. Functionality is a 4 star, if it kept a night time glow more than 5 stars would be appropriate.