5.0 out of 5 stars great watch for the price you pay
I didn't buy this watch through amazon, rather somewhere else that had it on sale because it was a new item (I know, weird that it would be discounted so much for a new item).
I love this watch. Its the first one I've bought in a long time. I grew up wearing swatch and guess watches and am trying to extend beyond those. Citizen looked like a good place to start...
Published 20 months ago by willybgood

2.0 out of 5 stars Watch band faded in a month
After about a month of wearing this watch semi-regularly, the black on the band is fading, and the silver is starting to show through. This is ridiculous and I won't be buying anything from Citizen again.

Other than that, I don't really have any complaints - everything works as expected, and it looked great for the first month.
Published 18 months ago by Robert Messerle

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars great watch for the price you pay, November 14, 2012
This review is from: Citizen Men's Drive CA0435-51E HTM 2.0 Eco-Drive Black Ion Plated Stainless Steel Chronograph Watch (Watch)

The watch features eco-drive which means that it gets its power from exposure to any kind of light source (direct sunlight yielding the best results). When I got the watch, it already had power but I read the directions and let it lay at the window with the sun shining on it for about 3 hours. I wear the watch 2 days a week, switching it out for others that I have and I have not had any problems with the watch ever dying on me.

What I can say about the color is that the green really pops. I have gotten compliments already every time I wear it. The neon green on black makes the color really stand out.

The chronograph works as expected so I won't talk much about that but I did have two negatives about the watch.

First, the weight of the watch is not what I expected, it is a lot lighter then it looks. Its lighter then any other watch I have ever owned, except for my leather banded watches.

Second, the watch hand that you generally view as the seconds hand is really used for the chronograph. If you look on the picture of the watch, the bottom circle is where the seconds are counted down. I can live with this but it was weird at first.

I haven't scratched the watch yet so I can't say how durable the black ion plating is. But so far, all is good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great classy/casual watch, February 9, 2013
HeyJoe! (Minneapolis, MN) - See all my reviews
I got this watch to be an alternate with my Citizen Calibre 2100 Titanium I purchased 6+ years back. I LOVE that watch and have worn the heck out of it. (...and still do.) I was looking for something with similar build quality but a very different look and feel. This watch is definitely it. It is noticeably less bulky than the 2100, although the weight is actually a tiny bit more than the deceptively light titanium 2100.

As others have mentioned, this watch looks even better in person. The textured face and green details look great, but they don't call too much attention to make the watch look cheap or gimmicky. The other upside to this watch for me vs. the 2100 is that although they are both chronographs, this face of this one is a bit more clean and contrasty and makes actually seeing the time much easier. (Although I'd love a bit more brightness and duration for the phosphorescence on the hands.)

It hasn't suffered a crazy amount of abuse yet to determine the fit and finish of the band and case, but so far they look great and the ion plating looks really, really sharp. I hope it stays that way, but for now, I love it. I'm someone who buys stuff like this to use it, not to baby it, so it has had its share of basic knocking around already. Also, one of the reviews for one of this HTM family of watches mentioned problems with the band falling off after they had resized it. The pins for the links must be inserted from the correct side and tapped all the way in. I initially had mine in from the wrong side and it fell off within about an hour. Once I realized the mistake and flipped the pin, it hasn't been off of me since! (That includes getting it caught many, many times in and out of multi-layered winter stuff walking the dog, off and on through airport security, etc. If it has made it this far, it's not going anywhere.)

All in all, I'm thrilled with the watch -- since I purchased, it's even dropped another $20 on Amazon. I think it is a fantastic classy/casual watch with a quality build for the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good dive watch and fashiionable, December 5, 2012
It is lightweight and fashionable and took it on its first dive last weekend and was easy to read in 60 feet of water, although the visibility was pretty good at the lake. Would say overall this has been a positive experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch!, February 3, 2013
What an amazing watch, solid, nice looking, sharp colors. Only one small thing, the light is horrible. Also there is no way to know when the watch is charged which is nut bad but it will be a nice feature to have

5.0 out of 5 stars He loved it!, December 28, 2012
My fiance originally saw this watch on another site, but later found out that it was discontinued. I'm glad I found this watch here! I purchased it right away so it was on-time for Christmas. The look on his face when he opened the gift was worth it! He loved it!

2.0 out of 5 stars Watch band faded in a month, January 7, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars you can buy this watch lot cheaper than amazon, June 7, 2014
I like citizen watches. it is really good eco drive. When you fly to different time zone time changes as per that zone area.
Today it is available at Kohl's store for $235.99 with 30% discount it will be $165.19 and Kohl's offering $30.00 gift certificate for next purchase. will bring down cost to $135.99. I am going to buy today from Kohl's. No complaint for any citizens watches at all...

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoying a new watch, May 12, 2014
Received the watch on time. When I opened the case the watch was exactly what I ordered.

The look is good for work, but also for being with friends. I enjoy the watch and would recommend it

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good., February 18, 2014
So far so good. Watch was delivered in perfect condition. It is light weight and beautiful. My man was very excited to receive this Valentine's Day surprize.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it very much, January 2, 2014
I love this watch, it is lighter than I thought, so it is easy to wear it.
The color is great.