4.0 out of 5 stars Almost Perfect
Published on May 31, 2006 by IANDI

3.0 out of 5 stars Log not being saved
My watch is not saving any log dive it just has the original log dive that comes with it ! Ive been diing 3 times at i didnt saved any dive onnthe log ! Any help?
Published on June 17, 2012 by TAMARA

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost Perfect, May 31, 2006
This is a dive watch that I bought for everyday use to replace my spendy mechanical watches. I wanted something rugged and functional, ideally with an alarm, day/date calendar, time zones for traveling, and depth/temp/time functions for free diving and scuba. I bought it sight unseen a couple of weeks ago from Amazon/mytimepiece.com. Super fast service and great price.

Likes: I love the look of the watch and am very happy I bought the asymmetrical version. It's big, but not as clunky as the Suunto's. Fits my skinny wrist very well. The shape, coloring, and mix of old-school analog hands + depth indicator + digital window give it a modern, up-to-date look. It isn't as finely detailed as the best mechanical watches, but the look and feel suggest a quality product. I dig the solar-powered eco-drive, and watching the hands move when setting various functions or diving is mesmerizing. The diving functions (current depth, max depth, temp, time under water, log) are excellent.

Dislikes: I have three complaints. First, there is no chronometer or timer function for land use. The other day I was parked in Santa Monica and wanted to track my parking meter time with the watch. Ain't no easy way to do this, although with a bit of fiddling you could set one of the alarms with the meter expiration time. With a mechanical dive watch you just rotate the bezel and you're on your way - and you can easily see how much time you have left. The Aqualand does have a timer that automatically activates when more than four feet under water (the analog hands go to the midnight position and then the minute hand records the dive time), but there isn't a way to access this feature out of the water. Perhaps it's a safety issue, but I feel that a chrono feature should be available considering the price of the watch and the fact that it already contains the necessary technology.

Second, the watch is hard to read at night. The analog hands have large surfaces and they glow brightly when freshly juiced, but fade during the night. There's a light for the LCD display, but it only stays on for a second or two, and the default setting for the LCD shows day and date, but not time. To display the time in the LCD window you have to get tricky and set the LCD window to the `Travel' function, and then designate your local time as the `Travel' time zone. Goofy. Some sort of electroluminescent/'indiglo'-type light should be standard at this price point.

Third, the alarms are too quiet to be useful as a travel alarm clock. Taking the watch off at night helps a bit; adjustable volume would be better.

Bottom line: A great looking watch with superb features for diving.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very nice dive watch, November 9, 2009
This review is from: Citizen Men's Eco Drive Aqualand watch #JV003001E (Watch)
Purchased 2 of these watches for a two week dive trip to bonaire that occurred the last half of October 2009. Watches were extremely easy to setup and appreciate very much the ability to set the time based on international time zones. Watch is easy to use and very visible underwater and offer a user friendly dive log as well. The additional functionality includes total dive duration which is easily seen by referencing the large orange sweep hand as shown in the photograph. Having total dive duration was the prime reason we chose these watches to begin with. In addition, the watch is very stylish and comfortable to wear either on the wrist or over the sleeve of a wetsuite and has more than enough band length. After diving for two weeks, I am confident that this watch will provide outstanding service for years to come without the need for batteries.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, June 11, 2012
This review is from: Citizen Men's Eco Drive Aqualand watch #JV003001E (Watch)
Took it diving this weekend. 3 dives, no problems. Does everything dive computer can.
Love all the features. Like the other reviews, wish alarm was louder and wish it had a timer.
Underwater alarm works great though when you are ascending too fast. Easy to hear that alarm and the flashing red led is a nice touch.
Hard to read at night sometimes if it wasn't out during the day first.
The illumination button only lights up led display for 2-3 seconds.
Overall great watch and wouldn't hesitate to buy again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great watch (back-up of dive computer), December 11, 2010
A. Ceballos "ACeballos" (UNITED STATES OF AMERICA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Citizen Men's Eco Drive Aqualand watch #JV003001E (Watch)
I did not purchase this watch from Amazon, but I would like to write a review about this watch. I am using it as a back-up for my dive computer. You need to figure out that ALL hands must be aligned before you setup date and time. If hands are not aligned (12:00 and 0 ft or meter, the function hand), the analog time will display "anything", I mean a different time than that you setup in the digital time. Time charging is approximately 6 to 12 hours for the first time, if watch is NOT working after that time, you should ask for an exchange, or return it.
I am ready to prove it when diving (water too cold now), unfortunately, I am not a dry suit diver ... :(
I would like to have this dive computer back-up with the option for NITROX or enriched air. However, it was a good purchase, and the price matches what I can get from the watch.
I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pretty and desireble, January 13, 2013
This review is from: Citizen Men's Eco Drive Aqualand watch #JV003001E (Watch)
My husband bought it for him because he loved it when he saw it when travelind in Europe.
Before he could use it, a friend of him made a good offer and took it.
So we can only say that it is beautifull and looks strong.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware!!!!, December 30, 2013
This review is from: Citizen Men's Eco Drive Aqualand watch #JV003001E (Watch)
This is not the watch you would be ordering. Bait and switch!!! I ordered the JV0030-01E and it's not that watch. On the dial the one you see goes to 300ft but the one that is sent goes to 100ft. Do not buy this from Amazon or Blue Dial Inc. False advertisement at its best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this watch, February 23, 2013
This review is from: Citizen Men's Eco Drive Aqualand watch #JV003001E (Watch)
I have been wanting this watch for some time. People really notice it. The features are perfect for this watch. Love that when I travel you can change to that time zone without having to reset the time on it and then still watch the time in your timezone too. The dive feature is a great backup and the surface mode is perfect for the 24 hrs you need after you dive. Dive computers have this but you don't carry that with you like this watch. The watch came in on time and in perfect condition, I was not expecting the watch to be fully charged but it was.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Watch, January 1, 2013
This review is from: Citizen Men's Eco Drive Aqualand watch #JV003001E (Watch)
This watch is perfect so far. Have not taken it diving yet but so far it works and looks great.

3.0 out of 5 stars Log not being saved, June 17, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars I'll never dive but..., January 13, 2012
This review is from: Citizen Men's Eco Drive Aqualand watch #JV003001E (Watch)
My wife bought me an Aqualand watch in 1989 for our anniversary. We're still together and the watch has been on my wrist and working since then. But I wanted a new one. Diver's watches are worth it because they are built to take the crap I dish out. I'll never dive deeper than my 8 foot swimming pool but I've never regretted pay more for something that may outlast me. Citizen watches, take a thumping and keep on humping.

Rate and Discover Movies