Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on November 4, 2014
Citizen makes very high quality watches and this one is no exception. It is unique in that it neither flashy nor ordinary looking. It's kind of just right. I bought to wear everyday for work. The fact that it's a Citizen Eco Drive is great since it will never need to have a battery replacement. I tend to put my watches in a drawer when the battery runs out and forget about them- not the case with this one. I've only been wearing it for about a week but the band seems to be quite rugged and even though I have accidentally smacked the case and the dial window against some hard surfaces already I don't see any scratches. The materials and build quality put into this watch are definitely very high quality. It has kept perfect time to the second since I first set it. I'm happy with this purchase.
on February 11, 2014
I have only had this watch for about a week. I am happy with my purchase and do not question the choice I made.

I have already banged the watch into some metal pieces at work and it doesn't show the hint of a scratch,
on August 14, 2015
Great watch. But the leather band is awful. It soaks up your sweat and deteriorates over time. The leather bands that hold the excess length strap will break off. WORSE: you cannot easily replace it since it has a NON-STANDARD strap design. There exist no replacements online or on Amazon for the strap. Once the strap wears out, or looks so cruddy you don't want to wear the watch, you are out of luck. Sad.
on March 12, 2013
My wife got this watch for me for Christmas, and I love it! I thought the leather band would get worn, but this has become my daily watch and the band is still in great shape. Not a flashy watch, but a nice piece that that can be worn with either casual or dress occasions.
on March 8, 2015
This is my 4th Citizen Eco-drive watch and I'm very happy with it. The band is nice and thick and the face is substantial without being overwhelming. One of the secondary retention straps broke soon after I started wearing it, so be careful when tightening. Other than that, it is an excellent, stylish timepiece for a good price
on January 24, 2014
I just bought a Seiko 5 automatic with a white face and stainless steel band. I purchased the CTO because i wanted another quality timepiece from another maker, preferably something that looks quite a bit different from the Seiko. I had read good things about Citizen Eco-Drive and so I checked out the Citizen website to get an idea of the styles offered. The watch that really struck me in terms of bang for the buck was the BM7100-59E Corso. However, it looked too similar to my Seiko 5. I checked out the Citizen watches at a local big box store and was not very impressed because so many of the faces looked overly busy and hard to read (just my opinion). Then I noticed the CTO and remembered seeing it on the Citizen site. The face is uncluttered but certainly not plain.

The first thing I checked was the smoothness and accuracy of the movement because I hate when the second hand does not fall on the hash marks. Everything I checked looked good. I was a little leery about a leather band, but at least this one looks and feels like quality. In my opinion the case and band really seemed to flow nicely together. The weight is reasonable too.

It is too soon to comment on durability but I have a good feeling about the CTO. Like my Seiko 5, it is very comfortable to wear. I do wish it came with a sapphire crystal like the Citizen BM7100-59E Corso.
on May 14, 2013
The ease of reading the date is an excellent feature. Overall readability is excellent.

The luminosity is much too short to be of any value for night time reading.
on July 27, 2013
I initially was happy about the band being all leather but it has started to smell like athlete's feet or if you've ever had a cast it smells like that, like some type of funky fungus smell lol ( I routinely was it, but I do sweat somewhat frequently as it is summer and gets pretty hot where I am). It's hard to find the sweet spot on my wrist too it seems like it is either too loose or too tight. The watch itself seems to be pretty solid and keeps great time. I will have to look into purchasing a different band if I can't find something to take that smell off of this one. The size and everything else about the watch is awesome and the band looks great just hasn't been very cooperative for me.

UPDATE: 4/18/16. I've owned the watch almost three years now and it was my every day watch for much of that time. I say was because I accidentally dropped it off my bathroom counter onto a stone tile floor and the glass face broke. I am looking into the possibility of fixing it myself. I'm hoping it will make sense money wise to buy everything needed to fix it myself. Other than that incident the watch has held up well overtime and has been accurate. The band held up well since I've owned it and only recently developed a decent sized tear and was needing to be replaced. The whole smell issue with the band wasn't and issue once I started just washing the band every now and then when I would wash my hands with hibiclens soap (antimicrobial). I never did have to worry about a dead battery either so that has been nice. Hoping I can get the glass replaced along with a new band so I can start wearing this again.
on June 9, 2013
I have used the watch for a couple of weeks now and have had no problems with it. Fits comfortably easy to read. My only concern down the road is the durability of the band. All the watches I've had in the past had bands that would break annually. Currently, however I like the watch.
on April 9, 2015
Unique looking watch face. I like the Eco-Drive - this is my 5th. The first one still looks and runs well.