4.0 out of 5 stars Sporty elegance.
Published on November 12, 2012 by Ronnie

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very Robust!
Bought watch in Febraury 2013, stopped working in August of 2013. Sent off for repair hopefully it can be at shipping expense of mine. Guess you get what you pay for.
Published 12 months ago by Mr. Goodbar

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Sporty elegance., November 12, 2012
This review is from: Citizen Men's Drive from Citizen Eco-Drive AR 2.0 Stainless Steel Chronograph Watch (Watch)
This watch looks good and offers the reliability and innovation that one expects from Citizen. The stainless steel/hard plastic design gives it a distinct and sporty look. The stainless accents and gray colors are well distributed and add to its elegance. Due to its looks, this watch can be worn for everyday use and casual occasions. It may even be used with business casual attire if you choose the correct garments. The case is built solid and feels heavy. However, for those who don't like heavy watches, the rubber band keeps its overall weight at a comfortable level. Citizen's Eco Drive technology is present in this watch and works flawlessly. As long as the watch is fully charged, it can be stored in a dark place for months without it losing power. Since I just recently received this watch from Amazon, I have not checked for any discrepancies on the watch's movement. If I notice that it's movement is subpar, I will update this review and make a note of it. I should note that like many chronometers out in the market, the watch's seconds hand is only used when using the chronometer feature. This is done so the watch can display 1/5 of a second. The seconds counter for the time function is located in the bottom inner dial.

My complaints about the watch are minor. The rubber band is a little too long and has an excess of one and a quarter inch after the last hole. There are ten holes on the band and if one uses those below the sixth hole, the excess extends too far around the wrist. Since I prefer to wear rubber bands snug against my wrist, I'm seriously thinking about trimming the excess. Another minor complaint is that although the crown feels sturdy, the two buttons on the side don't. Lastly, because this watch can be used for a number of occasions, a sapphire crystal would have been a better choice. I would gladly pay a few extra dollars for an extra piece-of-mind.

Overall, this watch is a good buy. The aesthetics are pleasing to the eyes and the watch can be used often. Not having to worry about changing batteries is also a plus. I've always had a good experience with Citizen and don't expect this to change anytime soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Damn good watch!, November 26, 2012
Really pleased with my purchase. Not too heavy, not too light. Compliments are abundant from others. What else matters... Right? Negatives are: Date on watch is hard to read and band seems like over time will crack and break. It just doesnt seem thick enough... Although it does feel very nice on the wrist.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great watch for a great price, February 22, 2014
I got this watch for my boyfriend for Valentine's Day. We are late 20's, and he doesn't have any watches, so I wanted to get him a nice, simple go to. This works great! He's only had it for a few weeks, but so far so good. It tells the time great, substantial looking, even has a stopwatch. The band is nice. I was looking for leather and originally was going to switch the band out, but a few people told me these bands are nicer because they don't get as smelly/grimy as the leather bands. He says his one complaint is that the stopwatch button is easy to press, and sometimes gets hit on accident. Also, the stopwatch hand is easy to mix up with the minute hand, but he doesn't seem to mind too much. The delivery was great (arrived as scheduled) and it came in a nice box with the instructions and info. It was also easy to set/program. As the girlfriend, I think it looks really nice, and its pretty cool that its solar powered, too. All in all I think its a great watch!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good-looking watch. Excellent product., July 23, 2014
My husband was looking for an Eco-Drive watch that he could wear with suits or on weekends. This watch is the perfect solution! The watch face is every bit as good looking as the other Citizen watches with full metal wrist bands so it looks good if it's peeking out of a suit sleeve. Having a casual band means that it still looks good walking around town in shorts and a tee on the weekend. His watch never looks over-dressed or under-dressed on his arm. He has been very pleased with the versatility.
And Citizen makes an excellent product. My husband owns another Eco-Drive that he has been very happy with. And I also have an Eco-Drive that I have worn for about 4 years now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall pleased, July 30, 2014
OC Rice (Boston, MA United States) - See all my reviews
I am very pleased with the looks of the watch, and it is very comfortable to wear.

I agree with reviews that indicate the dial can sometimes be difficult to read at a quick glance in pure light. The phosphorescent hands are not very' bright'.

I cannot comment on how well it holds a charge- my prior experience with Eco-Drive was not great. The watch needed repair under warranty and it went back to Citizen for months, and still was not quit right. Given the price of the watch (reasonable I think), I was willing to try again.

Overall, I'm happy with my first few weeks.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent watch with a great look., April 5, 2013
I love this watch. It is a perfect size - not too big. The rubber band is very comfortable and looks sharp. The stainless casing is beautiful and adds a lot to the look of the watch. I highly recommend this watch.

Update:
After wearing the watch for a few months my view has changed a little. The watch keeps time, works perfectly and looks great. My only complaint is that the large hand for the stopwatch makes it difficult to read the time. It's much too big. Dropping it from 5 stars because of this annoyance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 7, 2014
Great watch, just like the Citizen quality.

4.0 out of 5 stars It is a very nicewatch. I bought this for myself and it ..., September 15, 2014
It is a very nice watch. I bought this for myself and it fits well on my wrist although I do not like the band. It is rubber and when I've been sweaty, the watch slides back and forth. I will most likely find a different band for it. Otherwise, great watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's perfect for a guy who wants a nice watch but ..., October 30, 2014
Got this watch for my boyfriend for our 2 years. He absolutely loves it and gets lots of compliments on it. It's perfect for a guy who wants a nice watch but is more sporty and not so much into flashy watches.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, October 12, 2014
Great watch! Big but not too big, sporty but elegant, I love it. I've had it for only 2 weeks, lets hope I love it few months/years from now.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›