Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Citizen Men's Drive from Citizen Eco-Drive AR 2.0 Stainless Steel Chronograph Watch
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 12, 2012
This watch looks good and offers the reliability and innovation that one expects from Citizen. The stainless steel/hard plastic design gives it a distinct and sporty look. The stainless accents and gray colors are well distributed and add to its elegance. Due to its looks, this watch can be worn for everyday use and casual occasions. It may even be used with business casual attire if you choose the correct garments. The case is built solid and feels heavy. However, for those who don't like heavy watches, the rubber band keeps its overall weight at a comfortable level. Citizen's Eco Drive technology is present in this watch and works flawlessly. As long as the watch is fully charged, it can be stored in a dark place for months without it losing power. Since I just recently received this watch from Amazon, I have not checked for any discrepancies on the watch's movement. If I notice that it's movement is subpar, I will update this review and make a note of it. I should note that like many chronometers out in the market, the watch's seconds hand is only used when using the chronometer feature. This is done so the watch can display 1/5 of a second. The seconds counter for the time function is located in the bottom inner dial.

My complaints about the watch are minor. The rubber band is a little too long and has an excess of one and a quarter inch after the last hole. There are ten holes on the band and if one uses those below the sixth hole, the excess extends too far around the wrist. Since I prefer to wear rubber bands snug against my wrist, I'm seriously thinking about trimming the excess. Another minor complaint is that although the crown feels sturdy, the two buttons on the side don't. Lastly, because this watch can be used for a number of occasions, a sapphire crystal would have been a better choice. I would gladly pay a few extra dollars for an extra piece-of-mind.

Overall, this watch is a good buy. The aesthetics are pleasing to the eyes and the watch can be used often. Not having to worry about changing batteries is also a plus. I've always had a good experience with Citizen and don't expect this to change anytime soon.
review image review image review image review image
on February 5, 2016
Bought this watch to replace my Calibre 8700 which has serve me for 8 years without any problems. The Calibre has been used everyday and I just feel it needs to rest a little bit. I chose this watch because I am a big eco-drive fan and really dislike having to replace batteries just for a watch and also based on my experience with the Citizen Calibre 8700. Read the reviews and it's true that it takes getting used to looking at the watch and not be confused with the dials. The "normal" seconds hand is actually the chronograph, which you have to default/set at 12 o' clock as well as the "minute" hand of the chronograph. The only thing should move every second is the real second hand which is the small circle located at the bottom or 6 o' clock. On the 9 o'clock is the 2400 time or military time on 4 hour interval per mark, and your regular hour and minute hands. Compared to the Calibre 8700, this watch is almost weightless which is the big let down for the Calibre 8700 which only has a 39mm face but feels heavy in relation to size because of the bracelet and stainless still construction. Aside from the weight in relation to size, the Calibre has a calendar which you have to check once in a while to see if it's correct or up to date. To adjust the date, month and year/leap year is pretty complicated and hard to remember that having the mini disc it came with is a must have all the time if you are an owner of a Citizen Calibre watch. With this one, I really don't have to worry about the month and year, only the date of this particular month. Looks sporty but can be semiformal at the same time. Looking forward to use this watch as much I used the Calibre but without the hassles of adjusting the month year and date.
on July 23, 2014
My husband was looking for an Eco-Drive watch that he could wear with suits or on weekends. This watch is the perfect solution! The watch face is every bit as good looking as the other Citizen watches with full metal wrist bands so it looks good if it's peeking out of a suit sleeve. Having a casual band means that it still looks good walking around town in shorts and a tee on the weekend. His watch never looks over-dressed or under-dressed on his arm. He has been very pleased with the versatility.
And Citizen makes an excellent product. My husband owns another Eco-Drive that he has been very happy with. And I also have an Eco-Drive that I have worn for about 4 years now.
on January 9, 2015
This watch is kind of expensive but I think it's worth ever penny. This watch is great and I don't have any complaints. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a good looking quality watch. The strap is nice but there are nicer straps out there. It is really easy to remove the strap and change it with another one. I changed the strap on mine and now it looks even better. I am happy to give this and the seller 5 stars. I would recommend this watch to anyone reading this review.
on November 26, 2012
Really pleased with my purchase. Not too heavy, not too light. Compliments are abundant from others. What else matters... Right? Negatives are: Date on watch is hard to read and band seems like over time will crack and break. It just doesnt seem thick enough... Although it does feel very nice on the wrist.
on June 18, 2015
One of my favorite watches. Citizen knocked it out of the park with this one. Comfortable fit, accurate time keeping and just the right size for my wrist. It is both sporty and elegant. I have several Citizen watches and I would recommend all of them. Get one.
on September 21, 2015
I've been waiting to buy this watch for a long time ago. Finally I bought it last month and all I can say is that it is so beautiful, the pictures does not make justice to how good it looks on your wrist. I only hope that the rubber band lasts a good amount of time but If you like a sporty-casual watch this is the one to choose. Besides, it cames from a great manufacturer like Citizen, so you are not going to have any problems at all... and It doesn't need batteries, awesome!!!
on January 15, 2016
It looks great and feels really light weight. At first I realized the seconds hand was not moving and then I realized the secondary seconds hand was still moving and the watch was still keeping time. I love citizens watches!!!!!!!!!!!!
on February 21, 2016
not all that much. the chrono hand at the 12 position is really annoying. you will take some time to get used to it while reading the time. will confuse it with the minute hand. not really easy to get time in the dark. barely glows.
on February 5, 2015
doesn't look as good as the picture, but still a good looking watch. the second hand keeps stopping for no reason, but it's still keeping time correctly so far, weird. if it keeps doing that thing with the seconds then i'll return it, otherwise i'm happy with the purchase.