5.0 out of 5 stars Pleased
Citizen has been doing well in meeting product demands, meeting both the lightweight and heavyweight watch demands. This one is heavy and sturdy. The black section surrounding the face (and below the crown) is a sturdy plastic that actually complements the watch well, preventing the watch from being too dressy and making it well rounded.
Published 23 months ago by Clipper

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective design??
Published 7 months ago by RealityReader

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective design??, May 31, 2014
This review is from: Citizen Men's Drive from Citizen Eco-Drive AR 2.0 Stainless Steel Watch (Watch)
We have tried twice with this watch and had it fail to keep accurate time. Both were purchased from Amazon, the first exchange went well, but the second they are directing us to go to Citizen since the return window ran out. Problem is by the time you've sized the watch and figured out that how your are charging the watch isn't the problem, Amazon's 30 window is long gone. We have a women's eco drive that works fine so I don't know if this is a bad batch or a design defect. The stem seems to be popping out on it's own or snagging easily. We are not sure which, but that isn't the whole problem because it loses time just sitting on the counter for days in normal ambient light.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleased, February 1, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Watch, March 10, 2013
I bought this watch as my "regular" watch. I own two Citizen Eco-Drive watches, this one and the Calibre 8700 Perpetual Calender Watch. While I loved my 8700, it was starting to get really scratched up (I swear they used a cheaper material). I decided I needed a watch to wear regularly to work and the 8700 I would wear as a more casual going-out-watch.

While I really like the casual design of the 8700, I also like the "sporty" design of this watch. If you're going to go with one of the variants of this model, I personally think this model is the best option as I think it looks the best, but if you're going to wear it outdoors, the plastic band is probably a better option. It also seems to have a much more scratch resistant mineral watch face and the watch is definitely easier to see in the dark with its illuminated hands and hour marks.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, great price!, February 22, 2014
Bought this for a nice watch that my fiance can wear to work or play. He LOVES this watch, he wears it all the time. It looks really nice, the watch band is not super shiny, and the metal is a little on the darker side, which is something we were looking for. It looks fancy without being flashy. He just puts it on his dashboard and charges it up every once in a while, no batteries!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift for my husband, December 27, 2013
Katie Kurycki (Churchville, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This watch, for the price, is beautiful. My husband loves it and finds it very versatile in color etc. He was able to change the watch length on his own as well. This watch is an excellent time piece.

4.0 out of 5 stars Light Power, Great Watch, November 27, 2013
LetMeOutside (Jonesboro, GA USA) - See all my reviews
For the money, this is a good quality watch. It is replacing a 20-year-old Seiko Kinetic, and it is much lighter on the wrist (probably due to the kinetic energy mechanism in the Seiko). The styling is distinctive, and I've received compliments on the black inset -- it really sets it apart from other chronos. It seems to charge with very little light -- it sat in my closed valet for three days over a long weekend and was charged on Monday even though it wasn't exposed to any light. The choronograph functions as it should.

My only complaint is that the watch hands are a bit difficult to see, especially in low light. My other watch is a Luminox, which really glows strong in low light, so to compare this watch to that one is probably unfair. Anyway, that is the only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5. If they had made the time hands stand out bolder from the chrono hand, it would have been perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sophisticated watch, can be worn with casual and dress clothes, very similar to more expensive Citizen watches!, May 8, 2014
I have been looking to buy a Citizen Eco-Drive for several years when I stumbled across this model. It has the same look as several of the $330+ Citizen models but is $100 or more less! It looks great with casual or dress clothes due to the muted stainless steel band. Of course, it's a Citizen so it keeps great time, has glow in the dark hands, and never needs a battery replaced ($20-$30 every couple of years).

All in all, a very nice watch at a great price!

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent product Presentation consistent with the price proper, July 7, 2014
excellent product
Presentation consistent with the price
proper packing

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Watch., November 19, 2014
I like Citizen, and this did not disappoint. Comfortable and relatively easy to read. The only reason I did not give it a higher rating, is that I rarely do 5 stars for products. Also it could be a little easier to read in the dark, though it's not too bad.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing watch at a great price!, December 24, 2014
this watch is awesome, it has the right weight and is very easy to read even in the dark, does not disappoint!