Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Color: Black|Change

on January 7, 2013
Received as a Christmas gift from my lovely wife. Having already exhibited her great taste when she married me, this must have been a no-brainer for her.
I enjoy a nice wristwatch, and this one is a beautiful balance of manly elegance...like an exquisitely designed automobile with a brutally powerful engine lurking under the hood. Stainless case is solid-feeling, without the bulk of some watches (like a dive watch), complemented by the silver dial indices. Hands have a subtle blued-steel tone, as well as luminous markings in a cool blue (not the typical green). The charcoal black dial (with date indicator) has a shimmering quality that changes depending on the light...sort of how carbon fiber appears. Really stunning. Also has luminous markers at 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 and 11.
I usually prefer a band to a bracelet, and the matte black rubber strap is comfortable, without the girth of an off-road tire. This watch would not look out of place in a Breitling or Tag-Heuer catalog.
As far as the Citizen Eco-Drive movement, no news is good news. Hasn't wavered by more than a second in 10 days (set to the Atomic Clock). Solar-powered to boot. That's a win-win.
I had purchased The Missus an Eco-Drive several years ago, and she has never had a problem with it, so I expect performance to be equally stellar.
I'm pretty particular about timepieces, and I can recommend this watch without hesitation.
This watch is the Steve McQueen of the Citizen line.
Do I love this watch?
Yes. Yes I do.
on January 9, 2015
Gift for 40th birthday. Second Eco-drive and they are great. This one in particular has a clean design and quite comfortable.
review image
on June 2, 2013
Guys, this watch is perfect if you like a clean design, an easy-to-read dial and a comfortable fit on the arm. The texture in the dial is another nice feature. Accuracy goes without saying. I love the Eco-drive for the fact that there are no batteries to change and unlike an automatic, you can leave this watch in your draw for a week (or much longer) and not have to reset the time when you go to wear it. I bought the watch with black accent. I'm glad I did. The watch with blue accent looks real good but I think the black is classic and I won't tied of it. This is not a dress watch but I did wear it to work with a dress shirt. It looked great (I kept looking at it throughout the day) and it fit nicely under my cuff without making the cuff tight. I own about 30 watches and even I'm surprised how often I pick this one to wear for the day. The only reason I didn't give this a 5 star rating is because the loops that hold the watch band in place have a tendency to slide out of place and that has to be adjusted throughout the day. While I was also disappointed with poor luminescence when I first got the watch, the quality and duration is improving over time as the watch is exposed to the light for longer periods.
on October 28, 2013
I wear it just about every day. It's probably too pretty for wearing with a t-shirt, but tough patoots. I do it on a semi-frequent basis.

The rubber band is perfect. I hadn't worn watches in MANY years before buying this; I didn't even know that rubber bands were used on nicer watches -- and that they look great with them!

I'm sure there are plenty of watch enthusiasts able to discuss how accurate this timepiece is, so take these five stars from the perspective of a guy who just wanted an attractive way to keep the time on his wrist, rather than pulling out a cell phone.
on April 12, 2015
Citizen mens AR watch -
Is exactly what I was hoping it would be! My concerne was it might be to large so that it would impede the bending of my wrist or be uncomfortable. It does not interfere with my wrist and is comfortable to wear. It the crown does touch my wrist when fully bent but barely and I dont notice it. Having owned a solard powered citizen eco drive watch for 8 years that still works perfectly, I know I am getting a reliable watch. I have braclet style watches and have come to very much prefer the poly banded watches. This watch comes with two loops to hold the excess band after the buckle which keeps the band to a low profile. I got this specific model because it looks very nice in the office or cusually and out to dinner, however formal or informal it my be. The view isnt cluttered with three other dials behind the time. Just the date and time. I used to use my watch alarm to wake up for work and now just use my cell so this watch is great. The face is a vertical carbon fiber looking style that I really like. The width of the band is also something that I considered when choosing this watch. This band is complimentary to the bezel and not too skinny or to wide on my wrist. I have average size wrists wearing it pretty mush right in the middle hole on the strap. I am 6' and 215 and love this watch. Nice work Citizen! I will be buying more of your watches for sure.
review image review image review image
on December 31, 2014
Let me start off by saying that I own a few high end watches like Tag Heuer. I was looking for a watch that was more of a one-size fits all. Something Clean, Simple, elegant, and not overstated that looked great with any wardrobe.

I wanted something that I could wear with a polo shirt and jeans and keep it on when I throw on a tie. It's really difficult to find a watch that you can pretty much wear with anything. Well, not anymore!!

This watch is Masculine, Elegant, Sporty, clean looking and looks great with ANYTHING I wear !!

This is the watch I will wear daily and never worry. The quality is great. The weight and band are spot on as far as what i wanted.

I couldn't be happier.
on February 18, 2013
I love Citizen Eco drives--my second one. Elegant style with the Rubber band to tone it down. Easy to read. Date is a bit small for my eyes. Looks great. Love not buying batteries/ winding.
on May 5, 2014
Well, the face diameter is 44mm, not 41mm as described.
The silicon band is comfortable, and look durable.
Overall, a simple pleasing design which I love. Excellent for sports, casual or office wear.
However, the luminous markers on the face lose its luminosity very fast even after strong exposure to light. I can hardly see the time in the dark after just 5 minutes of strong exposure to light.
on January 30, 2013
I love this watch. Got it for a Christmas present. You can wear this casually or as a dress watch. Lightweight and comfortable. I like this watch also because it is not too busy. I don't want or need three other dials inside the watch face, I prefer a simple, classic design.
on May 25, 2014
A while back I bent down to pick something up and my Luminox came flying off my wrist and smashed the crystal from the inside and knocked the minute and second hands off. Fixing it was not an option so I started looking for a new less expensive watch. After looking at thousands of watches I decided to by this on looks, price and expected reliability. At first it seemed too big and the rubber watch band was uncomfortable but those two things are no longer issues. This watch keeps excellent time and looks good. The luminescence is not very bright and does not last long compared to the Luminox. Other than that that it works very well. I imagine if one follows the maintenance schedule this watch will last a long time.