4.0 out of 5 stars I had to return this watch, January 26, 2013
This review is from: Citizen Men's Drive from Citizen Eco-Drive HTM 2.0 Stainless Steel Watch (Watch)
I have used Citizen Eco-Drive watches for almost 10 years now. My wife bought me this model last Christmas, but we had to return it. The stainless steel band kept opening up and the pins wouldn't stay in the links. We took this watch to two different jewelers to fix it, only for the watch band to open up again (nearly losing the watch as I walk around the city). Please note that not all jewelers can resize Citizen watch bands as the pins are difficult to put into the links, but in my case, my watch band is probably defective.

By the way, the blue rings around the watch look cool, especially if blue is your favorite color (which is the case for me). But it makes this Eco-Drive more casual --- I honestly wouldn't wear this watch on a job interview (speaking out of experience working in an office/HR work environment). Wearing it for everyday work and personal life should be all right.

The time is easier to read on this Eco-Drive because the hour and minute hands are longer than average. Someone mentioned that the watch is heavy in another review; I compared this watch to other stainless steel Eco-Drive watches and it weighed about the same. It must be the stainless steel, so if your previous watch is aluminum or titanium, this will feel heavier on your wrist. I guess I am used to the weight of this watch.

The date display on the watch is easier to read than other Eco-Drives because it is not as "deep" as other Eco-Drives.

Overall, it's a great watch, and if your stainless steel link band does not keep breaking like how mine did, then I totally recommend this watch! It is one of the better looking Citizen Eco-Drives watches out right now.

By the way, Amazon's price is good as it is comparable to what jewelers in stores would sell it ($150-$170)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch. Great Value., January 12, 2013
Hussain (Dublin, Ohio) - See all my reviews
This is my first watch after 10 years of Swatch Irony. First thing to notice that it is heavy comparing to my previous aluminium watch. It took me two days to get used to it. That's being said. It is a quite nice watch, new contemporary design, the blue accent makes it kinda unique, and it is not that flashy making it great for casual outfits.
it keeps perfect time. And the eco-drive is amazing.
Hopefully the "Chroma finish" will make it durable and last for years without losing its elegance.

PS:
If you are buying through amazon/online site. The pictures for this watch are enhanced. I mean the dial is not black as it appears. It is metallic,dark color but not as black as the picture. and the blue triangle in the 3 o'clock location is small and not that noticeable.Also, the blue color accent is well balanced and does not pop as it is only an accent.

Overall,
4 Stars for weight and thickness.
5 Stars for everything else.

I'm glad with my purchase and looking forward with at least another 10 years with my new citizen watch!

4.0 out of 5 stars The Next Solar, November 25, 2012
Citizen has definitely made a lot of great solar=powered watches over the years with their Eco-Drive line. But when it has came down to it, they also have needed to step up in class and design, considering so many people have preferred the big and bulky watches from Invicta moreover. But the thing I have loved about Citizen is how they definitely have been worth their money. This new one from the Drive collection actually looks great with a sleek and simple black face and elegantly design stainless steel bracelet. It definitely is a great watch to own, and is worth the money. I do wish though that they could have put a little more illuminant style into the hands, but nevertheless I like it, and this is definitely one from Citizen wirth buying.

Price: B

Comfort & Setup: B+

Overall: B 1/2+

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice watch, May 16, 2014
got this for my husband, pretty nice he really loves it. i would def. recommend the watch to my friends and fam.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for the price., February 4, 2014
my boyfriend really wanted a citizen eco drive watch for Christmas. he is extremely rough on his watches though, so I really
could not see spending $600+ on one knowing this. I went with this watch as it was very well priced and really looked sharp
in the images. It is definitely a good looking watch with the contrast of royal blue. You get what you pay for the quality, it's not bad just not as well made as the better/more expensive models Citizen makes. Good buy for the buck.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice watch, January 24, 2014
Very like it, don't regret. Recommend purchasing, value

Thank you again for the amazon brought me this beautiful watch

good!

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, January 3, 2014
after looking through millions of watches, I came across this watch and was more than pleased with my purchase. It came quickly and the recipient loves everything about it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice watch, especially for the money!, January 1, 2014
Weldon Miller (Harrisonburg, VA United States) - See all my reviews
Citizen makes a great watch, and their Eco-Drive movement can't be beat for reliability and ease of use. Perhaps because of the 5-year economic downturn or the lower economic power of the Millennial generation, Citizen has moved somewhat downscale in their more modernly designed watches, and the Drive collection reflects this. These watches all have mineral crystals instead of sapphire, and they feel a little simpler/cheaper than higher-priced Citizens.

This watch is a very nice watch, and especially so when you factor in the price point. The blue accent is more subtle than in the pictures and in most lighting is a deeper navy rather than a bright blue. As another reviewer pointed out, the dial is more of a "carbon fiber" than the grey in the pictures. I found it to be too reflective honestly, as it sometimes made the dial harder to read. The crystal also doesn't seem to have a good anti-reflective coating as it caught the light at a variety of angles and made it harder to read the time. The bracelet is fine, but not outstanding in any way.

Overall, I liked the watch, but a couple niggling things kept it from being a full 5-star review. It's a great watch for the price, but doesn't have that same feel of quality that Citizens in the $300-$400 range do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Watch, December 26, 2013
Watch is uncluttered and easy to read. Dial is a nice dark gray and is not black as shown in the picture. Being my first Eco-Drive, I was concerned when the watch was not running when opened, and then started moving the second hand two seconds at a a time. Both behaviors are expected when the internal battery is depleted. Thirty minutes on a windowsill had the watch running properly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice time piece, December 26, 2013
This watch has a nice face with date. What I like about it is there is no need for batteries.