5.0 out of 5 stars Wear it everyday: for style and comfort
I love this watch. I get compliments on it frequently, and people are surprised at how little I actually paid. The feel of the band is fantastic, and the quality of the movement, pristine for the price.

Published 14 months ago by Dalton Grisham

2.0 out of 5 stars No such thing as unbreakable face.... ...
No such thing as unbreakable face....yeah perhaps it is the field I work in, but this watch's face cracked in three different spots. I would never pay that much again for a product that cannot handle a little hard work.
Published 22 days ago by Kourtney

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Wear it everyday: for style and comfort, June 12, 2013
This review is from: Citizen Men's Drive from Citizen Eco-Drive AR 2.0 Stainless Steel Watch (Watch)

One of my favorite features is the lumenes of the hands, and the numeric markings. They glow blue, and do so with a small amount of light. I live in a very cloudy area, and work retail, so I do not utilize it too often, but still a great feature. The watch is also perfect for most wrist sizes, especially really skinny ones such as mine! The watch does not look overbearing on my wrist as some other faces do. The versatility of the watch is perfect for my always moving work environment. It never gets sweaty, irritating, and is a pretty resistant watch. It has taken a few beatings on the glass case, maybe a few scratches or so. I've gotten it wet and its had no effect but I would be careful as its not a divers watch. The blue colour is especially nice, and aesthetically pleasing without being to gaudy. The date dial, though it needs to be changed per month, is also a nice feature. Citizen is also a reliable brand, though not known for being overly high end (which is a plus in my opinion).

Overall, this watch is effective, attractive, and durable. I am a young adult, at the age of 21, and find this watch suitable for my age group, and probably any age group at that. Highly recommend, coming from a picky watch person with particular wrists.

Ideal for: young people, working people, style, durability, comfort, all wrists
NOT Ideal for: name brand seekers, divers, people who hate blue

5.0 out of 5 stars A great casual watch from Citizen, March 26, 2013
I was in need of a new watch for every day wear and semi-formal wear. I wanted one that didn't look dressy with gold or silver in the band.I looked through almost 400 pages of watches on Amazon slowly making a list of the ones I wanted. It took me a very long time but I finally decided on this one. The colors go with just about anything. The silver and black go with any outfit and the blue adds a great accent and doesn't stop you from wearing other colors that don't go with blue. I never owned a watch with a rubber band before but it is exactly what I wanted. For wearing out and about, going out for a walk, to the store, out for a date, this watch is perfect for any of those. It is extremely comfortable to wear and I have found myself not remembering I had it on, despite myself checking it out every now and then just because it looks that great. I am not a fan of watches with chronographs and millions of dials and numbers on them. This one looks simple, tells time, and who really uses watches for all that fancy stuff when we have cell phones in our pockets. The Eco-Drive feature is fantastic, almost all of my watches have been solar powered. I prefer this to battery power greatly. I was slightly disappointed at the low illumination of the hands at night, they were not nearly as bright as I hoped but I am not too concerned. Just a little FYI, the crown is a screw down crown. You must unscrew it before pulling it out to change the date. I thought mine was defective at first.

5.0 out of 5 stars A stylish watch that has enough accent to make an impression, July 12, 2013
M. Weekley (Somewhere, NE) - See all my reviews
About a month ago I was in the market for a new watch that would be more casual but still have an attractive look at a reasonable price. For 2 weeks I scoured the internet and looked at hundreds of watches, but I found myself continuously coming back to this one and eventually made the purchase. Here are the pros and cons for me that stick out:

PROS

+ The face of the watch is remarkable. I love the textured look of the face while retaining a solid black. It makes the face pop but not overly so
+ The blue trim (apparently the same treatment as cars get) around the face of the watch is perfect. It gives the watch the splash of color it needs without becoming obnoxious
+ For my wrist, I find the watch is a perfect size. It's not heavy and feels balanced on my hand
+ The chrome used in the hour markers and throughout the watch is eye catching and makes it stand out. I love that a few of the hour markers are accented in blue and the hands glow a light blue in the dark
+ It keeps great time and is an Eco Drive so is constantly charged by the sun.

CONS

- I'm not a huge fan of the wristband. Now this watch is meant to be sporty and I get that, but the rubber can be uncomfortable for me at times. I think I would have preferred leather
- The glow in the dark markers don't stay lit up for long. I get that they fade over time but it feels like they fade awfully fast with this watch. I've had some watches I can still see a slight fade of the hands. Not so in this watch.
- Maybe an unfair con, but I was disappointed in the lack of color selection. I would have been interested to see a couple more color options with this watch. Your choices are black or blue. Good colors...but limited.

I gave this 5 stars and I probably would give it more 4.5. Overall it's a stunning casual watch that with the right wristband you could pass for a more formal occasion. I'm very pleased with it and would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome casual watch, March 10, 2014
I have got the blue AR 2.0 citizen watch, without chronograph (as I prefer cleaner looks). I've spent some time browsing different brands of watches, searching for everyday casual watch. I should say that since I saw this watch, I could not find something within the same price range that could be a good rival to it. Initially I was brought to browse citizen watches because of their eco-drive system, but when I saw this one - the search was over.
Then when I received it, my expectations were even exceeded - I loved it. Very good looking, feels high quality and as previously read on some reviews - it is a good fit on the wrist - quite comfortable.

When it arrived the battery was in exhausted state and had to place it in light for few hours to get it going correctly (hand that measures seconds will move through 2 sec intervals instead of 1 when the battery is exhausted).

On the down side - the phosphorescent markings are a bit weak. Could be better, but probably this is the only thing I really count as some issue.

Very recommendable watch for those looking for the casual/sporty type.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love my Citizens..., December 26, 2013
Bought my 2.0 drive over a year ago. What I really like about it-- not having to change batteries; the fact that the watch is so water-resistant; the eco-drive's accuracy; the (automobile-like) blue, metal flake paint; the luminous hands and dial markers; the decent size of the watch without being too heavy.

What I don't like-- the date window is too small, imo; the luminousity doesn't last near long enough (like, say when I'm in a movie theater & don't want to turn my cell on to tell the time); the fact that it's not the chronograph version of this watch. That last part isn't so much the watch's fault as it just reflects my love of chronos and the fact I wish I'd shelled out a little bit more to get one.

All-in-all, this is a great watch at a good price & I'm glad I bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Solar Watch, September 13, 2013
This is an excellent watch, truly superb. I own 2 other Citizen watches which are also magnificent watches, but this one, though less formal, is actually my favorite.
The "pinstripe" design is very handsome, the hands elegant, the chrome accents luxurious. The blue accents around the case are quite bright - striking is a fair description - so just be aware of that; however, as other reviewers have noted, it's not obnoxious and the watch still goes with a wide variety of clothing. It's just the right size, weight, and feel; substantial but not overbearing.
It keeps perfect time, resists scratches, and I really like the idea of a solar watch - investing in a higher quality timepiece instead of buying batteries every couple of years. And this is just the kind of quality piece worth investing in.
Yes, it can be a little difficult to read in low light conditions and the date window is small, but that doesn't detract from the casual beauty of this watch. The blue accents make this my "Saturday" watch (though it could be an everyday watch as well) and the first fun, casual watch that I have had in many, many years.
Citizen beautifully adds style to quality, particularly in this watch. I love it and would highly recommend it!
I gladly give it a grade of A.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fine watch, August 2, 2013
The watch is fine, the band however has an issue. The doohickies
that hold the end of the band tend to slide and allow the band to open.
Not always however, perhaps with use it will improve.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a good everyday watch, April 24, 2013
Michael Tafoya (Chicago, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This watch is stylish, and a good everyday watch. My work can sometimes be dirty, so I didn't like wearing my more expensive watches, this one fits the bill. The only problem so far is the end of the band catches on my steering wheel when I turn (lol), but maybe when its all broken in that will stop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable to wear, February 22, 2014
The watch dial is slightly bigger than I'd like, but it seems that oversized watches are the trend now. The primary thing that gets my attention is how comfortable this watch is. The rubber band feels very high-quality and allows you to get a perfect fit. I love wearing this watch more than I like looking at it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, February 10, 2014
I really like the styling and the size, not to big not to small, covers my wrist just right. The face is a bit dark to read in low light but I can still manage.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›