5.0 out of 5 stars Timeless Design
Received as a Christmas gift from my lovely wife. Having already exhibited her great taste when she married me, this must have been a no-brainer for her.
Published 23 months ago by The Time

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't fit my wrist well.
I have had this watch for 6 months. There is much to like. Clean classic styling. Keeps time well. Water proof. I got compliments on the styling and wanted to keep wearing it.

I ended up having to replace it with a thinner Citizen with fewer features because the watch is so thick that I couldn't wear it with dress shirts. If I wore a cuffed shirt, the...
Published 9 days ago by ERichmond

5.0 out of 5 stars Timeless Design, January 7, 2013
This review is from: Citizen Men's Drive from Citizen Stainless Steel Eco-Drive Watch (Watch)
I enjoy a nice wristwatch, and this one is a beautiful balance of manly elegance...like an exquisitely designed automobile with a brutally powerful engine lurking under the hood. Stainless case is solid-feeling, without the bulk of some watches (like a dive watch), complemented by the silver dial indices. Hands have a subtle blued-steel tone, as well as luminous markings in a cool blue (not the typical green). The charcoal black dial (with date indicator) has a shimmering quality that changes depending on the light...sort of how carbon fiber appears. Really stunning. Also has luminous markers at 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 and 11.
I usually prefer a band to a bracelet, and the matte black rubber strap is comfortable, without the girth of an off-road tire. This watch would not look out of place in a Breitling or Tag-Heuer catalog.
As far as the Citizen Eco-Drive movement, no news is good news. Hasn't wavered by more than a second in 10 days (set to the Atomic Clock). Solar-powered to boot. That's a win-win.
I had purchased The Missus an Eco-Drive several years ago, and she has never had a problem with it, so I expect performance to be equally stellar.
I'm pretty particular about timepieces, and I can recommend this watch without hesitation.
This watch is the Steve McQueen of the Citizen line.
Do I love this watch?
Yes. Yes I do.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful watch, February 18, 2013
I love Citizen Eco drives--my second one. Elegant style with the Rubber band to tone it down. Easy to read. Date is a bit small for my eyes. Looks great. Love not buying batteries/ winding.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best watch ever, January 30, 2013
I love this watch. Got it for a Christmas present. You can wear this casually or as a dress watch. Lightweight and comfortable. I like this watch also because it is not too busy. I don't want or need three other dials inside the watch face, I prefer a simple, classic design.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really nice, June 2, 2013
Guys, this watch is perfect if you like a clean design, an easy-to-read dial and a comfortable fit on the arm. The texture in the dial is another nice feature. Accuracy goes without saying. I love the Eco-drive for the fact that there are no batteries to change and unlike an automatic, you can leave this watch in your draw for a week (or much longer) and not have to reset the time when you go to wear it. I bought the watch with black accent. I'm glad I did. The watch with blue accent looks real good but I think the black is classic and I won't tied of it. This is not a dress watch but I did wear it to work with a dress shirt. It looked great (I kept looking at it throughout the day) and it fit nicely under my cuff without making the cuff tight. I own about 30 watches and even I'm surprised how often I pick this one to wear for the day. The only reason I didn't give this a 5 star rating is because the loops that hold the watch band in place have a tendency to slide out of place and that has to be adjusted throughout the day. While I was also disappointed with poor luminescence when I first got the watch, the quality and duration is improving over time as the watch is exposed to the light for longer periods.

5.0 out of 5 stars GORGEOUS WATCH, October 28, 2013
I wear it just about every day. It's probably too pretty for wearing with a t-shirt, but tough patoots. I do it on a semi-frequent basis.

The rubber band is perfect. I hadn't worn watches in MANY years before buying this; I didn't even know that rubber bands were used on nicer watches -- and that they look great with them!

I'm sure there are plenty of watch enthusiasts able to discuss how accurate this timepiece is, so take these five stars from the perspective of a guy who just wanted an attractive way to keep the time on his wrist, rather than pulling out a cell phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, January 17, 2013
Matthew Adsit (Indianapolis, IN) - See all my reviews
This watch is stylish and accurate. Citizen's Eco-Drive is clever and is easily recharged with everyday use. It is very accurate and has lost virtually no time in the duration of my owning it. The watch is durable, light, and comfortable. It requires next to no maintenance and is a very user friendly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good replacement, May 25, 2014
A while back I bent down to pick something up and my Luminox came flying off my wrist and smashed the crystal from the inside and knocked the minute and second hands off. Fixing it was not an option so I started looking for a new less expensive watch. After looking at thousands of watches I decided to by this on looks, price and expected reliability. At first it seemed too big and the rubber watch band was uncomfortable but those two things are no longer issues. This watch keeps excellent time and looks good. The luminescence is not very bright and does not last long compared to the Luminox. Other than that that it works very well. I imagine if one follows the maintenance schedule this watch will last a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, July 9, 2014
I purchased this as a gift for my husband. He loves it. It has classic good looks and allows him to wear it for both casual and dressy occasions. I originally selected the watch as a work watch for him because of its water resistance and sturdy band. However my husband felt the watch was too nice to wear to work as he runs equipment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome watch, July 9, 2014
I love it. All the other positive reviews hit it on the head.

5.0 out of 5 stars My first Citizen watch, very pleased by the quality., June 3, 2014
This watch is comfortable and really presents well. Great casual watch that you can dress up or down. I would recommend it especially for the price.