5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best watch I have ever owned
I used to be a Timex watch person. But the cheapness of the straps and the constant demand of replacing batteries grew old and annoying. Then someone told me about ECO drive watches.
This is one of 4 that I own now. I have dressy ones, ones with metal bracelets, but I love this one the most.
The face is easy to read, the leather strap holds up to dousing with...
Published on May 30, 2009 by Born in a Library

3.0 out of 5 stars My wife told me she didn't want a bulky watch...
...and this certainly wasn't bulky. In fact, it is quite compact. I wish I had realized just how small it really was because it turned out to be too small to easily see. Also, I didn't realize that the hands do not glow in the dark.

Published on August 10, 2011 by Jack E. Holdford

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best watch I have ever owned, May 30, 2009
This review is from: Citizen Women's EW1270-06A "Eco-Drive" Stainless Steel and Black Leather Watch (Watch)
The face is easy to read, the leather strap holds up to dousing with water and doesn't dissolve, and the crystal face has not scratched despite being banged into things all the time.
Best of all, no more running out of batteries. No one can go wrong with this watch. My eyes are too old to read the date function, but my watch keeps me on time, all the time. I will never get any other brand of watches any more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great simple practical watch, September 5, 2009
I was in the market for a watch that could be worn in a more formal setting yet remain practical enough for daily use. This watch was exactly what I was looking for.

The watch face is very well designed and easy to read. I kind of wish that they included tick marks between the numbers but I've gotten used to their absence. The small window with the date is also a very handy feature. The leather band is very beautiful and comfortable to wear. Another factor in my purchase of this watch was the eco-drive technology. Having to take a watch to a watch dealer to change the battery was such a pain so I'm glad I will no longer have to do that.

This watch holds up pretty well to abuse. It's exposed to water splashes and I've probably banged it against things unintentionally. The glass face doesn't scratch or crack like other watches I've owned though. Mine is still perfect.

The price range is also great. I can't afford anything more than around $100 but I still wanted a nice looking watch that would last me a long time. This is THE watch for those on a budget who want a no frills timepiece that still looks great and runs reliably.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good purchase, June 27, 2009
Rodney L. Arent (Little Rock, AR United States) - See all my reviews
Given as a gift, and the recipient has been pleased with it in most every way-keeping correct time, appearance, ease of reading the numerals, second hand,as well as the big plus, no battery. The only thing she would wish to change would be some form of readability in the dark. It has no internal light source nor does it glow. All else is good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Green Watch, November 2, 2008
Perry (California, USA) - See all my reviews
This is nice, basic watch which never needs batteries thanks to its clever solar recharging system (don't worry, it works just fine without seeing daylight for weeks). It has an easy-set date function so it doesn't annoy right out of the box. A clear face and tidy design make it easy to live with every day.

5.0 out of 5 stars women's citizen ew1270-06a eco-drive leather watch, February 18, 2011
I love this watch. I looked at it several times, then it went on sale and I purchased it.
The only complaint I have is that it is too big. I have small wrists and usually buy
children's watches. This watch was only offered in women's size. I have to put it in
the last hole which makes the 'tail' pretty long. I realize I could buy a new band
but the band is very nice so I guess I can live with it. Citizen should consider offering
a choice of sizes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent casual watch, easy to read, August 14, 2009
I purchased this watch for my wife after getting her a larger 34mm faced watch. The first watch was way too large and heavy. The face on this watch is small, however, the black numerals are large for the face size and very easy to read, as is the day of the month. The no batteries feature is a very big deal for anyone who has attempted to getting batteries changes on older casual watches where the battery is no longer available or special tools are required for replacement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and small watch, December 30, 2012
If you are looking for a great basic watch, this is it. Never need batteries. My wrist is small and this fits great. It is hard to find quality, small watch faces

4.0 out of 5 stars Women's Citizen EcoDrive Watch, December 16, 2009
This simple looking watch is easy to read and works as described. Not needing batteries is a strong reason to consider this watch, which just requires some exposure to light in order to run. If you care about seeing the date, this one is not for you as the date is too small(my eyesight is good).

3.0 out of 5 stars My wife told me she didn't want a bulky watch..., August 10, 2011

Bottom line: go with this if you're looking for a small watch. I ended up getting her a Navy Seal watch that she'd previously said was too big.

3.0 out of 5 stars different from the picture, December 10, 2012
M. Raney (Bellingham, WA) - See all my reviews
Citizen eco-drive are good watches, so I expect good service from this one. However having just opened the watch I feel compelled to comment on the appearance. The watch is not as attractive as the picture of it. First it is rather small and delicate - some women may like this, but it's a little too dainty for me. The numbers on the face appear pinched. Second the image of the watch band shows what appears to be a lustrous, thick leather rather than shiny thin leather.

The leather will loosen up as it ages and if it's good leather it will look better rather than cheaper - let's hope. And the face - I'll probably adjust.

Rate and Discover Movies