Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Citizen Women's EW1270-06A "Eco-Drive" Stainless Steel and Black Leather Watch
All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99

I used to be a Timex watch person. But the cheapness of the straps and the constant demand of replacing batteries grew old and annoying. Then someone told me about ECO drive watches.
This is one of 4 that I own now. I have dressy ones, ones with metal bracelets, but I love this one the most.
The face is easy to read, the leather strap holds up to dousing with water and doesn't dissolve, and the crystal face has not scratched despite being banged into things all the time.
Best of all, no more running out of batteries. No one can go wrong with this watch. My eyes are too old to read the date function, but my watch keeps me on time, all the time. I will never get any other brand of watches any more.
on September 5, 2009
I was in the market for a watch that could be worn in a more formal setting yet remain practical enough for daily use. This watch was exactly what I was looking for.

The watch face is very well designed and easy to read. I kind of wish that they included tick marks between the numbers but I've gotten used to their absence. The small window with the date is also a very handy feature. The leather band is very beautiful and comfortable to wear. Another factor in my purchase of this watch was the eco-drive technology. Having to take a watch to a watch dealer to change the battery was such a pain so I'm glad I will no longer have to do that.

This watch holds up pretty well to abuse. It's exposed to water splashes and I've probably banged it against things unintentionally. The glass face doesn't scratch or crack like other watches I've owned though. Mine is still perfect.

The price range is also great. I can't afford anything more than around $100 but I still wanted a nice looking watch that would last me a long time. This is THE watch for those on a budget who want a no frills timepiece that still looks great and runs reliably.
on December 30, 2012
If you are looking for a great basic watch, this is it. Never need batteries. My wrist is small and this fits great. It is hard to find quality, small watch faces
on November 2, 2008
This is nice, basic watch which never needs batteries thanks to its clever solar recharging system (don't worry, it works just fine without seeing daylight for weeks). It has an easy-set date function so it doesn't annoy right out of the box. A clear face and tidy design make it easy to live with every day.
on February 18, 2011
I love this watch. I looked at it several times, then it went on sale and I purchased it.
The only complaint I have is that it is too big. I have small wrists and usually buy
children's watches. This watch was only offered in women's size. I have to put it in
the last hole which makes the 'tail' pretty long. I realize I could buy a new band
but the band is very nice so I guess I can live with it. Citizen should consider offering
a choice of sizes.
on August 14, 2009
I purchased this watch for my wife after getting her a larger 34mm faced watch. The first watch was way too large and heavy. The face on this watch is small, however, the black numerals are large for the face size and very easy to read, as is the day of the month. The no batteries feature is a very big deal for anyone who has attempted to getting batteries changes on older casual watches where the battery is no longer available or special tools are required for replacement.
on June 27, 2009
Given as a gift, and the recipient has been pleased with it in most every way-keeping correct time, appearance, ease of reading the numerals, second hand,as well as the big plus, no battery. The only thing she would wish to change would be some form of readability in the dark. It has no internal light source nor does it glow. All else is good.
on August 10, 2011
...and this certainly wasn't bulky. In fact, it is quite compact. I wish I had realized just how small it really was because it turned out to be too small to easily see. Also, I didn't realize that the hands do not glow in the dark.

Bottom line: go with this if you're looking for a small watch. I ended up getting her a Navy Seal watch that she'd previously said was too big.
on December 16, 2009
This simple looking watch is easy to read and works as described. Not needing batteries is a strong reason to consider this watch, which just requires some exposure to light in order to run. If you care about seeing the date, this one is not for you as the date is too small(my eyesight is good).
on July 14, 2015
I wear this watch every day. It looks fantastic. My only complaint is that I can no longer adjust the date. I was able to set the date when I first got the watch, but after 3 months the knob would no longer pull out to the second position to allow the date to be adjusted. I first assumed that I just wasn't doing it correctly and asked several other people to give it a shot. They were also unable to move the knob. For such an expensive watch I expected better quality.