5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch
Published on May 16, 2009 by Carol M

2.0 out of 5 stars Definitely small! But, tough to read at a glance
Published on August 26, 2009 by G. Parson

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, May 16, 2009
This review is from: Citizen Women's EW1272-01P "Eco-Drive" Gold-Tone Stainless Steel Watch (Watch)
I saw the battery operated version of this watch in a jewelry store and loved all the available functions (second hand, day indicator) and the elegant look for the very reasonable price. I almost bought it there but the saleswoman could not get it to work because of a dead battery. So I came to Amazon, saw the Eco-Drive version, read the reviews and decided to go for it. So glad I did. I am delighted with this watch. The gold tone with pearlized face is especially elegant, and if you like leather bands as I do, this one is great: a patterned, shiny brown. It's a 12mm size so nice replacements in darker browns, blacks or even fad colors are easily found. Everyone has complimented me on it. You won't be disappointed. It's tailored, stylish and, of course, quite functional.

2.0 out of 5 stars Definitely small! But, tough to read at a glance, August 26, 2009
My wife is very petite and had been looking for a small watch that she'd never have to replace the battery. I was pretty happy to come accross this one. Seemed like the perfect combination. However, I should have paid more attention to a comment someone else had made. She noted that the size and the grooves in the face made it a bit hard to read at a glance. Turns out that was an understatement.

My wife still wears it, but reports that she often has to move the watch to a certain angle and look a couple of times to get the time. The hands tend to blend in with the dial. Also, the dial throws off a glare in certain light. So, I definitely regret this gift. You might too...

If anyone from Citizen happens to read this, here's a suggestion: Just make the hands and the dial contrasting colors.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Quality Watch that Looks Slightly Different than it's Pictures, October 3, 2013
In buying this watch, I was looking for an everyday watch that was unassuming and would hold up well. It is definitely a quality watch. I have worn it every day for a little over a year and there are no visible scratches on the face of the watch and the leather band as held up well in light water conditions (getting wet while washing hands or face, down pour of rain, etc.)
I am giving the watch 4 stars because I am a little unhappy with its size. I was looking for a smaller watch but, when purchasing this watch I was expecting the face of the watch to be slightly bigger. The time is not easy to glance at quickly.
***Also be aware that the leather band has a tortoise style and has very prominent red undertones. It doesn't really show up in Amazon's pictures.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, July 21, 2008
I gave this watch as a gift and it is of excellent quality and style. If you like leather bands you will love this watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as advertised, October 2, 2013
I am enjoying this women's Citizen Eco-Drive watch. It fills my needs in a very stylish manner. It is not too big and even though the hands are gold, their shape is easy to see.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, reasonable price, November 25, 2012
I have owned a Citizen battery watch for 18 years and still wear it. It keeps excellent time, has not tarnished, and has never had a problem, all for a reasonable price, so it's the only brand I would buy now. I bought this new one for the Eco-Drive and calendar. This watch is beautiful and semi-dressy in appearance and keeps excellent time, plus it has a five-year warranty. The band is a high quality auburn leather, soft and comfortable. Readability: I wear bifocals and find the face and calendar to be easy to read at a glance using my reading focus; but the calendar would be small and hard to read for someone who needs reading glasses and doesn't wear them all the time. Reflectivity: The watch face has a luminescent surface which is a bit reflective in strong overhead indoor light (though not in outdoor light). I don't personally find it bothersome, though a few posters here did. Pay attention to the size measurement photo that Amazon includes with its watches--some posters did not. The watch face, excluding the dial, is about 20 mm wide, which is about 3/4 of an inch, a standard size for a ladies' watch. It comes with instructions on how to set the calendar which are clear and probably standard. Overall, I love the watch, and if it wears as well as my old Citizen, plus never needs a battery replacement, I will feel it's a real bargain.

Update 6/14: After 1 1/2 years, the watch is working perfectly. The band has worn well. I also bought the silver with black band model and alternate them with different outfits. Both are holding up very well and I'm very pleased with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars She loves it!, December 27, 2012
My wife likes to keep it simple for work and this watch accomodates her tiny wrists.
Cittizen has a good reputation and I'm very satisfied with my Eco dive watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars attractive and great functioning watch, January 18, 2013
I love the appearance of this watch- it is very visible with easy to read face and practically no maintenance needed. The price was very fair for the product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Citizen watch, December 26, 2012
My daughter loves this watch. Got it for her for Christmas and she loves it . Not bulky like a lot of watches these days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality watch, October 10, 2008
The look of this watch is very refined with a good quality band. The fact that it is an eco-drive is a plus and it keeps excellent time. Very pleased. Amazon never disappoints.

Rate and Discover Movies