5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and Sleek

2.0 out of 5 stars Slow under winter conditions
Published 12 months ago by Savana

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and Sleek, January 22, 2011
TigresSKS (Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Citizen Women's EW1540-54A Eco-Drive Silhouette Sport Stainless Steel Watch (Watch)
After much research it came down to the Citizen Women's EW1540-54A Eco-Drive Silhouette Sport Stainless Steel Watch and a Bulova that looked quite similar. After finding that Citizen bought Bulova and considering the Eco-Drive technology, I went with the Citizen. So far I'm pleased with how it's running and how it looks. I have had a little trouble with the sizing, but attribute it to an in-between wrist size.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Gift for your mother, May 27, 2011
Marcelo Franco (Vitória - Brazil) - See all my reviews
I bought this Citizen for my mother because I wanted to give a gift in the Mother's day. In Brazil this watch is very expensive, more than $300.00 and I pay $120.00 in Amazon. It was an excellent idea, my mother loved my gift, this watch is small, is pretty delicate, it's casual, you can use any place or any time, and any woman can use. And the Citizen Eco Drive tecnology and quality is wonderful.

2.0 out of 5 stars Slow under winter conditions, November 13, 2013
I have had this watch for about 2 years now. It works well as long as the outside temperatures are not freezing. Even if it is on my wrist, covered by my clothes, the watch drastically slows down. I contacted the customer service which answered: "You must use the watch within the operating temperature range specified in the instruction manual". The manual says that this range is "+5C to 35C / 41F to 95F"

So, if you live in "eternal summer country", go for it. If you have a winter, buy something else.

update: It appeared that my watch is slow even above the temperatures stated in the manual. Therefore, I sent it to repair. The person I talked to assured me that unless I live in the Antarctic, the cold cannot affect the watch and that they have many customers in NYS. They could not detect anything wrong with it at first (they didn't test it under cold conditions though) but since it seemed to be a minute behind later on, they replaced(at no price, it is under warranty)the movement and gasket. My watch is still as bad as before. Maybe I have a defective unit, I don't know.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gift Purchase...made shopping easy!, August 15, 2011
We purchased this watch as a mother's day gift for my mother-in-law and she loved it. She wanted a stainless steel watch, with big numbers that are easy to read, white background, with date and that could be worn for casual dress. This watch was the perfect find.

She also liked the idea of not having to change the battery in the watch.

Would recommend to others!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this watch, February 16, 2012
I am very happy with this watch. The face is big enough to read easily at the same time sleek and classic.Being a nurse this is just perfect.Looking forward to the Eco Drive to keep it working for a long time to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ladies Citizen watch, March 2, 2011
This is a perfect watch for everyday wear. Its casual design and sturdy construction make it great for teachers, professionals or moms on the go. The face is easy to read. The stainless band won't lose its finish and look shabby! Great gift!

5.0 out of 5 stars Eco Drive AND Easy to Read, December 28, 2012
My wife and I both love Eco-drive watches. We have been using them for years and have never had one fail. They do, however, eventually get a bit scratched up. I bought this one because the face is easy to read and my wife can tell the time without having to fish out her glasses.

4.0 out of 5 stars My Citizen watch, January 30, 2013
I love this watch with one caveat: the date is so small I need a magnifying glass to read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this watch, October 4, 2011
I love this watch. It's light and perfect for everyday. The only thing I don't like is the date feature but that's just me. Amazon was great too, very fast shipping.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great watch!, June 27, 2013
I chose this watch as a birthday gift for our daughter who wanted something to wear to her office and with dressier clothes for evening. She also wanted analog (numbers) not digital and preferred a dial that was luminous. This was the perfect fit for all of her needs. The links had to be adjusted and fitted to her smaller wrist. Any jeweler can do this. I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 because the date box is a little small for older eyes. She has no problem with that aspect of the watch. Another plus of this watch is that is does not need a battery. It's fueled by light.