5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and Sleek
After much research it came down to the Citizen Women's EW1540-54A Eco-Drive Silhouette Sport Stainless Steel Watch and a Bulova that looked quite similar. After finding that Citizen bought Bulova and considering the Eco-Drive technology, I went with the Citizen. So far I'm pleased with how it's running and how it looks. I have had a little trouble with the sizing, but...
Published on January 22, 2011 by TigresSKS

2.0 out of 5 stars Slow under winter conditions
I have had this watch for about 2 years now. It works well as long as the outside temperatures are not freezing. Even if it is on my wrist, covered by my clothes, the watch drastically slows down. I contacted the customer service which answered: "You must use the watch within the operating temperature range specified in the instruction manual". The manual says that this...
Published 8 months ago by Savana

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Timepiece - Great Price - Very Reliable Watch, May 23, 2012
Shirley (Sacramento CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Citizen Women's EW1540-54A Eco-Drive Silhouette Sport Stainless Steel Watch (Watch)
Update 1/31/13: I continue to wear this watch every day and it continues to perform and look nice after months of wear. I would buy it again without hesitation. I would buy it again from amazon.com.

This watch is truly lovely and feels good on the wrist. I prefer a watch with 12 numbers on the face like this one and I don't know why it is so difficult to find a fine quality watch with all the numbers. They really stand out well, plus the hands pick up the light and are very easy to read even in the dark. I don't think you can find a better price than on Amazon.com. Not having to ever purchase batteries strongly sells the watch to me. The bracelet was a bit too large so I went to a jeweler to have one link removed and it cost only $8. Masterpiece Jewels, Inc. (It's About Time) was the vendor for this watch when I purchased mine and they have a good reputation. Thanks again Amazon.com for connecting buyers with great vendors, products and service. This really is a best buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars small and cute, June 26, 2013
attractive watch, small and unassuming. I love it. No bells and whistles (that could break!). highly recommend this for a gift!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, November 26, 2012
Very nice watch. Bought because I hate batteries. So far so good. But I am very hard on watches, so we will see how it holds up!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, stylish but not showy, June 1, 2014
Great for someone looking for something on the dressy side of casual, the numbers are easy to read though the date window is a little small. Slightly textured face and nice bracelet make give this watch a slightly more dressy look, but still understated and not too fancy or showy. The watch face is bigger than some other ladies' watches I've seen, but certainly not large. The band links move smoothly. I also like the solar power feature of Eco-drive watches, don't have to worry about the battery at all. I'd recommend for anyone looking for a nice classy watch that's easy to read, or if you're looking for something dressy but not too fancy or showy.

5.0 out of 5 stars My mom loves this watch, February 14, 2013
I bought this for my Mom for Christmas. I spent weeks searching every online retailer I could find because I very specifically wanted a watch with easy to read numbers that was not dressy but still smart looking and from a manufacturer with known quality. Not only did this fit the bill in every respect, it has the added benefit of never needing a battery so my Mom doesn't need to keep maintaing it going forward. I've had my Citizen watch since 1995 and it still looks beautiful and works perfectly! Finally, Amazon had the best price and their delivery is always right on time. My mom loves the watch and it looks nice on her smallish wrist (after having a jeweler take out links). Really nice quality, hopefully the last watch she will ever need.

5.0 out of 5 stars Citizen EW1540-54A Eco Drive Silhoutette Sport Stainless, June 8, 2014
Had this watch a couple months now, my second Citizen watch in the past few years. Traditional customary quality from Citizen. Comes pretty large in the wristband, just take it to any authorized Citizen dealer for sizing (free in my area). Love love love this watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the numbers!, October 31, 2013
This is the first nice looking watch I've found that uses actual numbers for the hours. All others have huge faces. Big plus that it is a Citizen with a great price. I wear it to work and out to dinner. It's not super flashy, but its very classic. I just switch to a dressier watch if I need to, but seldom do.

5.0 out of 5 stars MY MOM LOVES IT, October 16, 2013
IT'S SIMPLE AND ELEGANCE. THE WATCH HAS A CLASSIC LOOK AND CAN GO WITH ANY OCCASION. GOOD QUALITY, SO FAR HAS NO PROBLEM.

4.0 out of 5 stars great watch for work, September 26, 2013
I searched a long time for a watch that was stylish, but also functional for my job as a teacher of young children with disabilities. I needed a watch that could be read easily at a quick glance, that had a second hand for timed assessments, and a date function. I also wanted something that was pretty but not "bling" as my kids are easily distracted, and sturdy enough to withstand the life of an elementary school teacher. This watch fits the bill on every count except the date function - it is too small and illegible to be of any use to me. This watch is great for work and stylish enough for casual social wear. The eco-system is a bonus. For frame of reference re: sizing, I am short and about 125 pounds - I needed to have 3 links removed and it is a loose fit, some slide.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love my new citizen watch, August 4, 2013
I love that I actually found a watch that has all of the numbers, all of the dots, a second hand, the date, and it even glows in the dark. All of that in one watch and it keeps running on or off my wrist. Many watches don't keep running once I start wearing them. It is stylish enough and rugged enough for my purposes. 5 stars!!!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›