5.0 out of 5 stars Loyal to the Eco-Drive watches
Published on January 31, 2011 by C. Carrillo

3.0 out of 5 stars almost perfect
Published 10 months ago by Ninz

5.0 out of 5 stars Loyal to the Eco-Drive watches, January 31, 2011
This review is from: Citizen Women's EW1544-53A Eco-Drive "Silhouette" Two-Tone Stainless Steel Watch (Watch)
I had another Citizen eco-drive watch for about 11 years. The first one had actually failed on me after one year, but Citizen repaired it quickly for only the price of shipping, even though I didn't have the receipt anymore-- So kudos the customer support of Citizen. That watch actually still works today, but, I just got tired of it after 11 years (I'm the type to wear one watch 24-7, I don't switch). Besides, it was from my ex-husband and I'm remarried so I wanted something new anyway! I received this one about a week ago and I keep admiring it on my wrist, and I look forward to owning it for many years. Of course I needed it to be resized but the local department store did it for only $10, so no big deal.
Not having had to change a battery for over 10 years is a nice thing, especially when a watch is water-resistant and you don't want to have to mess with that just to change a battery.

Love my eco-drive watches!

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful watch, September 22, 2011
I received a Citizen Eco-Drive almost 4 years ago and I'm still in love with it. I decided to never buy another hand watch, except Citizen Eco-Drive kind, so this one will be a X'mas present for my Mom. I was mesmerized with the look of this watch when I opened the box, and I almost kept it for me. Definitely, its big numerals will be greater appreciated by someone older than me, and I bet my Mom will love it.
The watch came very well packed, has its own nice watch box placed in another cardboard one, signed by Citizen, and was delivered by USPS in one week. It is a wonderful gift for any woman.

5.0 out of 5 stars practical, yet stylish choice, March 3, 2012
I needed a new watch for everyday wear. At 54, the tiny numbers for the date on my everyday watch were difficult to read and my dressy watch didn't include a date. About the time it was beginning to bug me that I couldn't read the date, my Timex everyday watch quit ticking for good and made replacing it mandatory! I searched and searched for a watch that was highly recommended for quality and reliability, yet would be very easy to read quickly (I teach elementary school). I was quite nervous about choosing a watch via the Internet but the selection and prices were too good to ignore. This Citizen's watch has (so far) been everything I was looking for. The time and date are quite easy to read, the bracelet is high quality and comfortable and it looks nice enough to wear to dressier functions if I want. Some previous reviewers complained about having to go to a jeweler to take the links out of the bracelet. I think it's only practical that Citizen made the watch large enough to fit any purchaser. You can always have the links removed. I like a somewhat loose fit so had the jeweler remove 6 links and for less than $10 had a perfect fit! I would highly recommend the watch to anyone who wants a practical, yet dressy watch....especially if you're a baby boomer and clarity has become a priority!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ladies Eco-Drive Watch, February 6, 2011
Gave this as a gift to my wife and she loves it. It is a great looking watch and keeps very good time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ladies watch, January 28, 2011
She loves it! I had originally given her something I thought a bit between dressy and sport, but she didn't seem really pleased. I let her "shop" Citizen watches, and she picked this one 1st and only! Amazon excellent w/exchanges, and everything was "wrapped-up" by the end of week after Christmas.

5.0 out of 5 stars great timepiece, December 7, 2011
Love this new watch! It combines silver/gold styling so that it coordinates with whatever jewelry I decide to wear. It's extremely comfortable on the wrist. The white face and clear numbering make it easy to read. And, I'll never have to replace a battery...since there is none! :-) Because it was made to fit many different size wrists, and mine is very small, I did have to have 5 links removed. Saw another review where there was a complaint about not being able to do it himself. However,when getting a more expensive watch, paying a jeweler $10 to correctly remove the links isn't a problem...esp. since Amazon offered it at a nice price and didn't charge sales tax. Would definitely recommend this watch to anyone considering it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, June 5, 2012
I was looking for a good looking everyday watch. Read all the reviews on this one and have to say I absolutely love it. The face is easy to read, love the black numbers. I always like a two-tone bracelet and this just works perfectly. The bracelet was a little large and I don't have a tiny wrist. Took it into the jeweler at our local Sears store and she only charged me $5. to remove 3 sections. Very happy with this watch and it keeps excellent time. The date is difficult for my "old eyes" to read but that was not an important factor to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eco-Drive Watch, July 4, 2011
Marty L. (Bakersfield, CA) - See all my reviews
This is the 3rd Eco-Drive watch I've bought. I am so happy with my two (a gold and a silver) that I purchased one for my sister's birthday.
She complained that her watch was just sitting, as it needed a battery. I chose this one for her since it has numerals and is easy to see the face and time. She loves it and since it is both silver and gold in color, it will go with any jewelry. I like the idea of a light driven watch. The Eco-Drive not only is solar driven, but any light source. My watches (8 years old or so) have never lost any time. I recommend Citizen Eco-Drive watches highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wife is Happy - I am Happy!, May 31, 2012
This present made my wife happy. My wife has had several different (brand) department store watches over the last 20 years that all used batteries. The labor charge to replace batteries has gone from $5 - $10 - to most recently $ 15.00 which is crazy. Since I am a satisfied Citizen Eco-Drive Stiletto series watch owner my wife and I went shopping on AMAZON.com for one to meet her requirements. My wife prefered the large numerals on this model and now will never have to worry about watch batteries again. We had to remove one chainlink from the band for a good fit but it was very easy to do. We are now both Eco-Drive believers.

3.0 out of 5 stars almost perfect, August 29, 2013
When I purchased this product I wasn't expecting that it would glow in the dark until I parked my car and saw the hands was illuminating. I was so excited and thought to myself. "I really did a good job on purchasing this watch". Finally I don't have to grab my phone to check the time since I'll be able to see the time when it's dark. But after 2hours the glow started to fade. I tried to charge it for a few hours and it was the same thing. Unfortunately, it only works for about 2hours and that's it. Now I'm not sure if my watch is defective or that's just really how it works. Because of that I'm kinda disappointed because I'm not sure if there's something wrong with my watch. I mean it would not have been a big deal if I know for a fact that it doesn't have that feature but it does yet it doesn't work. I would rate this product perfect score if it worked the way it should.

Rate and Discover Movies