Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Citizen Men's AO9030-05E Eco-Drive "Avion" Brown Leather Strap and Stainless Steel Watch
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 29, 2013
I purchased this watch for the physical design and the remarkable reputation of the eco drive movement. i did not like the orignal leather band; the band detracts the overall aesthetic. I swapped out the original leaher band for a DaLuca Shell Cordovan NATO Watch Strap - Color 4 (Matte Buckle) : 22mm. A complete transformation; the new look now matches the incredibly accurate movement.
review image review image review image
on October 8, 2013
This is a striking looking watch. The product photo is an accurate reflection of how it looks in real life, except it looks even better, because the black face has brushed metal texture that gives off nice sheen under lighting.

The band color is a bit less red than in the photo, which is perfectly fine by me.

This is not a small watch, with glass diameter of 36.5mm, and metal 43mm. However, I have a pretty dainty wrist of 6.5", and it looks perfectly fine.

One thing that caught me off guard was the thickness of the band. It is just thick enough that if feels like your wrist is resting on the band when you're typing on computer keyboard at certain angle. But this may be because I wear my watch pretty loose, and I let it slide down to the wrist. If you wear your watch at proper position, I don't think this will be an issue.
on February 8, 2014
I tend to love things that have a classic retro design with a modern twist. This watch is just that — solar-powered with the look of an old WWII pilot watch. There was a company in Switzerland called Lanco (also known as Lancet) that produced watches during the first half of the 20th century. During WWII, some were made that had a similar design as this one: black face, luminous Arabic numerals, sub dials, white outer minutes track, luminous baton hands and fitted with a thick brown leather strap. It's only been a couple of weeks since I've had mine and I wear it as an everyday watch.

This is not my first Citizen Eco watch. I still have a Titanium watch that my mother bought me back in the mid-nineties. Like this one, it's solar powered and worked great for the nine years that I wore it. It's a very sturdy and took a lot of punishment, but I would also take it off if I was doing something that could damage or scratch it. That's probably how I'll treat this one.

I read a review on Amazon from someone who said this watch was too big for them. That made me feel unsure about ordering one, so I went to a local department store to see it in person. I ended up trying it on and was impressed with the styling, but like that reviewer, I also thought it was a little too big. But after spending a considerable amount of time looking at all of the other watches on display and on Amazon, there were no other watches that spoke to me. This design fits me and my personality to a tee. So, I decided to order one through Amazon anyway. Now, I'm glad I did. After a few days, I got used to the larger size and look forward to many years of wearing it and showing it off to friends.

Is this my "forever" watch? It might just be.
on December 2, 2013
This is a beautiful, simple, well designed and classic looking watch that's easy to set and a pleasure to wear. It has excellent luminosity for night viewing and a reliable, accurate eco-drive. I've been surprised at how long the watch keeps running (2 - 3 days) even away from sunlight. I am very pleased with my purchase but here are some things to consider before you buy it: a). With a 43mm diameter (not including the winder) this is a large watch and might not be for everyone; b). The day/date dial displays are tiny and might be hard to read if you have weak eyes; c). The strap is made of premium, thick leather and requires some time to break in; d). And a minor point: I would have given the watch 4.5 stars if I could, detracting a 1/2 star because of the strap's sliding keeper which is too loose and doesn't do what it's supposed to do.
on April 1, 2014
This watch is a beauty. It is big (as pictured) and slightly chunky, but that enhances its retro appeal, in my opinion. The brushed stainless case and lugs make it even more attractive. Large numbers and prominent hands make the watch easy to read at a glance. Setting the day of the week feature was tricky, but if it comes down to it you can simply wind through several 24-hour cycles to get the proper day (as I did). The strap was a surprise; it is thick, looks nice, and is quite comfortable. I usually replace watch straps right off the bat, but I think I'll keep this one because of its quality and the fact that it completes "the look". Please note that the strap appears a bit distressed in the picture, but mine is much smoother. If you appreciate things nostalgic, but also desire to enjoy modern functionality, you will probably like this watch as much as I do. I have no hesitation recommending this timepiece for a casual or adventure setting (it isn't a dress watch).
on August 29, 2013
Very classy and wearable watch. Looks like and altimeter on a plane with how the numbers are shown. Like the brown leather strap.
on January 2, 2014
I bought this watch as a gift for my boyfriend for Christmas and he really likes the versatility of the watch. With the black face and brown band it allows you to dress the watch up or down depending on the occasion. He is more hipster in his style approach with a slight Banana Republic flair, so this fits his style.

The best part is the watch is solar powered, so you do not have to worry about the battery life. We did have some difficulty setting the number date dial, but were able to figure it out with a few tries. If you do have it wrapped as a gift keep in mind the solar powered part of the watch because when he opened it I thought it was no longer working.
on July 29, 2014
I've had this watch for almost a week now and I like it a lot. You cannot go wrong with Citizen quality. Like someone else pointed out in the reviews, the watch band does not really have much of a red color like the picture..it's brown. I had a smaller Citizen watch I was using daily, and wanted a larger watch face so I got this. Completely satisfied.
on August 17, 2014
Very nice watch,thick band,retro aviator look.Have received many compliments.Bear in mind it is in my view a fairly large watch which is consistent with the retro look.Very good illumination,love the eco feature,overall great watch and very pleased.
on January 11, 2015
This watch is beautiful! When I got it in the mail and opened it the battery was dead. Within less than five minutes of just having the watch sit in my room it got a charge and has been perfect since! This is a beautiful watch and made with great quality. Will definitely be looking for my next Citizen sometime soon!
review image