Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on December 6, 2015
I just received this watch as a gift. It's PERFECT. I've been looking for a nice, substantial timepiece for quite some time, and haven't found anything else as nice as this watch. It matches form and function perfectly.

Pros:

1. Beautifully made. This is an attractive watch, and looks great from every angle. The pearlescent face isn't quite as multi-colored as the the listing photo. It looks more silver with hints of pink and green depending on the light. You have to look pretty closely to tell that it's mother-of-pearl and not silver. The face is well organized and uncluttered.

2. Functional. The main dial has 3 hands -- hours, minutes, and chronograph (timer) seconds. The three smaller dials are (left to right): Chronograph minutes, second hand, and 24-hour clock. The chronograph is very easy to use. Press the upper-right button and the large second hand starts to move around the face. As minutes tick by, the upper left dial registers the minutes. Press the same button to stop, and the lower-right button to reset the hand to the 12-o'clock position.

3. The size is perfect. It's hard to get all of these features in a ladies watch without the watch being too big for most women. I've tried many watches with similar features and they were all too big and clunky to wear comfortable (and I don't exactly have dainty wrists). Some watches try to cram all of these features into too small a package and the dials end up being unreadable, and the face looks cluttered.

4. Can't beat Ecodrive. This is my second Ecodrive. The first one is 13 years old and still works and looks like brand new. It doesn't have as many features, which is why I bought this watch. Also, the face is very small, and large faces are slightly more fashionable now.

Cons:

1. The hour and minute hands are light, and can be a little hard to see against the pearl background. I wouldn't recommend it for people with poor eyesight.

2. The chronograph feature doesn't work when the watch battery is low (if it hasn't been in sunlight for a while). This is normally not a problem, unless you keep your watch in a drawer or box for weeks without wearing it. Or when you first take it out of the box. When the battery is low, the second hand (the bottom/middle dial) registers seconds in two-second increments instead of one-second increments. If you see this out of the box, don't worry! As soon as the battery charges up a little bit, the second hand will go back to one-second increments and the chronograph feature will start working. For me, this took about a day of normal wear.

Overall, I HIGHLY recommend this watch. It's exactly what I've been looking for.
on January 30, 2014
I never hesitate about buying Citizen Eco Drive. This is my second one, and with no regrets. I had to look up online about how to work the chronograph functions since this is new to me, but once I figured it out, it became quite easy to use. The only thing that is a slight issue is reading the time since the silver arms against the chronograph dials and the mother-of-pearl face tend to blend in together. Otherwise, it is a beautiful watch and looks classy but somewhat sporty too.
on January 25, 2013
Christmas gift for wife -- she's very happy with this time piece. Good for casual or dress. The mother of pearl face goes from pastel pink to blue to green. Keeps great time and was easy to size with the help links available.
on June 26, 2014
I purchased this particular watch as both a watch and as a piece of jewelry. While the watch is heavy and has a large face, I like the chunky feel to it. The sapphire watch-face cover gives the face of the watch a larger look, making reading the time and date easy to see. It also helps the face to remain scratch free. I would recommend this watch for people that like larger watches/jewelry. I have found the Citizen brand to be very reliable, and Eco-drive makes keeping time worry free. I haven't had the opportunity or need to use the chronograph feature, but it does add to the look of the watch.
on December 18, 2014
Very nice watch! The battery arrived dead, but leaving it in the light for a day fixed that then got the date & time set w/o issue. Very sleek looking ladies watch, fine for the professional wanting a quality everyday watch.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 28, 2014
I love this watch! I was looking for a larger watch and this is the perfect size. This is my fourth Citizen Eco-Drive watch and I love the convenience of never having to change a battery. I've worn it every day since I got it. I'm sure it will be my favorite. Very attractive.
on December 21, 2012
Just received this watch as a gift for my wife. It was exactly as the picture portrayed. Arrived as promised in perfect condition (as always through Amazon). Beautiful watch for an excellent price. Love the fact that the watch runs on light vs battery.
on December 8, 2015
I have a thing for watches with MOP dials. This watch is one of my first ones. I've had it for many years and has never given me any problems. It is my go-to everyday watch. Even though I have other watches, I always find myself reaching for this one probably coz it's the most comfortable one to wear: face size is not too small and not too big, weight of the watch is just right, the look is classic and classy. I love it! And the convenient of not having to worry about replacing your battery is genius...just the best idea ever!
on February 27, 2016
I have been wearing Citizen and Noblia for more than 30 years. This is one of the best I have ever had. I love the blue/purple face and the sporty style. I am heavier now and the band is close to 8 inches, which helps me a lot. I love the large dial and I wear it everyday. Its perfect.
on September 1, 2013
Though a little heavier than my last watch, this watch is really great. I love that it is eco-friendly (battery charged by sunlight/fluorescent light) and easy to read. As someone in the veterinary medical field, the stopwatch and seconds timer are great additions.