Top positive review
4 people found this helpful
It's PERFECT. I've been looking for a nice
on December 6, 2015
I just received this watch as a gift. It's PERFECT. I've been looking for a nice, substantial timepiece for quite some time, and haven't found anything else as nice as this watch. It matches form and function perfectly.
1. Beautifully made. This is an attractive watch, and looks great from every angle. The pearlescent face isn't quite as multi-colored as the the listing photo. It looks more silver with hints of pink and green depending on the light. You have to look pretty closely to tell that it's mother-of-pearl and not silver. The face is well organized and uncluttered.
2. Functional. The main dial has 3 hands -- hours, minutes, and chronograph (timer) seconds. The three smaller dials are (left to right): Chronograph minutes, second hand, and 24-hour clock. The chronograph is very easy to use. Press the upper-right button and the large second hand starts to move around the face. As minutes tick by, the upper left dial registers the minutes. Press the same button to stop, and the lower-right button to reset the hand to the 12-o'clock position.
3. The size is perfect. It's hard to get all of these features in a ladies watch without the watch being too big for most women. I've tried many watches with similar features and they were all too big and clunky to wear comfortable (and I don't exactly have dainty wrists). Some watches try to cram all of these features into too small a package and the dials end up being unreadable, and the face looks cluttered.
4. Can't beat Ecodrive. This is my second Ecodrive. The first one is 13 years old and still works and looks like brand new. It doesn't have as many features, which is why I bought this watch. Also, the face is very small, and large faces are slightly more fashionable now.
1. The hour and minute hands are light, and can be a little hard to see against the pearl background. I wouldn't recommend it for people with poor eyesight.
2. The chronograph feature doesn't work when the watch battery is low (if it hasn't been in sunlight for a while). This is normally not a problem, unless you keep your watch in a drawer or box for weeks without wearing it. Or when you first take it out of the box. When the battery is low, the second hand (the bottom/middle dial) registers seconds in two-second increments instead of one-second increments. If you see this out of the box, don't worry! As soon as the battery charges up a little bit, the second hand will go back to one-second increments and the chronograph feature will start working. For me, this took about a day of normal wear.
Overall, I HIGHLY recommend this watch. It's exactly what I've been looking for.