5.0 out of 5 stars Eco-Drive makes this an especially great watch
Published on December 2, 2008 by D. West

2.0 out of 5 stars Band broke in 18 months
I bought this watch 18 months ago. Last week a metal piece on the clasp broke. Replacement band is $90+. The part that broke is a result of poor design. Replaced the watch with a Seiko. The Seiko has a better clasp design
Published 3 months ago by MikeMar1955

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Eco-Drive makes this an especially great watch, December 2, 2008
D. West "Rivergoat" (Los Gatos, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Having just replaced an old battery driven watch that had its back removed too many times over the years to bother with overhauling, I went for this Citizen model. The 2-tone design makes it more elegant looking than solid stainless steel, and the classic, simplistic design of the face is what I was looking for. I don't need a watch with a lot of extra dials and functions that I'd never use. The selling point to me was the Eco-Drive, solar powered, never needing a battery replacement. The watch arrived with a low charge, giving the 2-second sweep as its indicator (Citizen's standard low-charge warning). Almost immediately after exposing it to light, the charge began, the second hand reverted to the 1-second sweep, and it's keeping perfect time. If you want to spend slightly less, look at the solid stainless model that otherwise looks identical to this, but the 2-tone is worth it IMHO; I don't buy a watch often, so it's got to be right, and it's still priced affordable for a great and stylish product.

5.0 out of 5 stars My husband loves this watch, February 6, 2010
For the entire year, my husband "hinted" about wanting a watch for Christmas, and this one was a winner. It looks just as appropriate with jeans as it does a suit. The dark face makes the lighter numbers easier to read. Also, the two-tone metal is an attractive plus. Before deciding on this particular watch, I researched others within my less-than-$300 price range, basing my criteria first on performance and practicality reviews and then on the aesthetics. Eventually I narrowed my choices to this one and a Seiko, and I believe I made the right choice with the Citizen. Since seeing his stunned expression, followed quickly by a huge smile, when he opened this package on Christmas morning, and his happiness with the watch a month and a half later, I'm sure it was the right choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Watch, September 12, 2011
I previously owned a Citizen watch which I had for 10+ years. I finally got tired of changing batteries
plus the watch band had gotten pretty beat up, so I went looking for a new watch. I found this watch on the Zales
online site and was immediately impressed by it. Their cost was $296. Before I buy anything online I always check
to see if Amazon carries it and at what price. I was very pleased to find the same watch for $90 less at Amazon.
I immediately ordered it. The watch arrived 5 days earlier than the estimated date and looks even better in person than
on the web site. It was already running when I received it so all I had to do was set the date and time. My wrist size
is small so I had to take it to my local jewelry store and have them take a few links out of the band. The entire
watch is solidly built and looks like a more expensive watch. This would make a wonderful gift because I can't imagine
anyone who would not appreciate it. Citizen and Seiko are known for excellent workmanship and quality watches. I look
forward to many years of enjoyment of this superb watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, November 4, 2010
My wife bought this watch for me as a birthday gift. I don't spend much on watches on the basis that they tell time and are a commodity. After learning about the Eco-drive technology I really came to appreciate the watch. When I buy something I wear it a long time so the idea of not replacing batteries sounded great to me. The deep, deep blue face is attractive, imho, and the gold accents on the watch are well done also (some tend to look cheap and flashy). I like the brushed silver too as opposed to polished. The watch has some heft to it as well but not too heavy.

There are certainly ways to spend way more money on watches, but this watch just hits me right for quality, pricing point, and style. Just a great watch at a very affordable price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, June 2, 2013
This review is from: Citizen Men's BM8404 Watch (Watch)
I love the watch. It looks fantastic and is very reliable. Relative to some of the newer extra-large trendy watch sizes some might consider it a little small but for me, it's just right. I've had the watch for 8 months and never need to adjust the time for anything but time-changes. I've seen other watch reviews for two-tone watches that indicate that the strap loses the gold tone quickly. I wear the watch every couple of days and have not yet seen any fading. Over all, a great piece and well worth the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as nice as my $12,000 Rolex, February 17, 2013
I have a Rolex Date Just that is almost identical to this watch. The only difference is, the Rolex needs to be on a winder and the Rolex gains about five seconds a day. This Citizen watch keeps near perfect time and it doesn't need to be wound. In fact it never needs a new battery since it is solar (light) powered. I bought the men's version of this watch because it's easier to see the time and date than with the women's version. I don't really care for "dainty" jewelry. I use this watch as an every-day piece of jewelry. I wear the Rolex when I don't really care what the correct time is and I want to impress my lady friends.

I choose Citizen because my husband has a Citizen Men's JY0005-50E Eco-Drive Skyhawk A-T Titanium Watch that keeps perfect time due to it's "atomic" feature that updates every night to the exact time automatically. In fact, he sold his Rolex because, as a watch it looks good, but as a time piece, it doesn't work that well. When he did wear his Rolex, it didn't impress his men friends like his Citizen Skyhawk watch does. He doesn't have any lady friends to impress and he better not have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality. Great price., April 8, 2011
Price of watch was double at most retail stores. Very pleased with quality and style. Highly recommend this watch. Also, it was delivered ahead of schedule.

5.0 out of 5 stars 简单、大气、漂亮, March 2, 2014
Bought a pair, wife very love, personal love simple atmospheric things, so I chose this one watches don't make me regret. If you and I are the same preferences, so believe me this watch will let you satisfied,

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, December 17, 2013
Amazon Customer (Chicago area, IL USA) - See all my reviews
This watch is perfect. It has good looks, needs no battery, is accurate and is readable. I have received many compliments on this watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy It!, November 5, 2013
The watch is more than I expected.. Clearly more than the pictures show. It's exquisite at any price. Truly piece of jewelry.
I Told a close friend about it and sent him the link. His response was "Love it, it's a Great imitation of a Rolex I've been looking at. " My response ", well, while you were still looking at yours, I've been wearing mine!."

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›