5.0 out of 5 stars It's hard to beat a Citizen!
Published 15 months ago by FAD

1.0 out of 5 stars warranty no good
Citizen will not honor their warranty.
Published 1 month ago by ceejack

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars It's hard to beat a Citizen!, November 22, 2013
This review is from: Citizen Quartz Day Date Gold Tone Black Dial Men's Watch - BK4052-59E (Watch)
I have worn only Citizen wristwatches for the past 20 years or so, because of their combination of accuracy, beauty and price. This one maintains that tradition: it would complement any occasion, regardless of how formal. The watch is well-made yet it doesn't feel heavy on the wrist. Although I've only had it for a week, I don't see any drift at all - at most a few seconds. This agrees with the specification given as +- 20 secs/month. Make sure you read the instructions about setting the date, otherwise you may have the date change at noon rather than at midnight :-). This is not an ECO watch, so you will have to change the battery every 3-4 years.
The only difficulty I had was how to remove links from the band to shorten it. You shouldn't have this problem if you buy the watch, because I'm going to tell you how I did it:
1. Open the clasp and lay the watch on a grit-free cloth (like an old T-shirt) to avoid scratching it;
2. Use a pin (or a commercial device) to release the band from clasp. You have to push the pin into the tiny hole at the edge of the band and then twist the band a bit to prevent the little rod from re-seating itself. After the band detaches, save the rod, and then wrap the band around your wrist to determine how many links you have to remove.
3. Lay the watch face down on the cloth. You will see a series of oval holes with little nubs in them (four at one end of the band and five at the other end) - you need a very small flat-blade screwdriver (about 1/20" wide) that will go to the bottom of the void in the oval hole. You then rock the handle backwards to push (lever) the nub forwards, releasing the "U"-shaped retainer clip.
4. Move to another hole and repeat the process (to remove 2 links, move in 2 holes). Then put the band back together with the links out.
If you can't get a suitable removal tool, you'll have to take the watch to a jeweler or watchmaker. In any case, I think you would be very pleased with this watch. Happy hunting!
UPDATE 1/6/2014 - I did have a problem with the first watch. It developed an electrical problem after two weeks, so I returned it and got a new one. Amazon was great: they paid for the return and credited my account even before they received the returned watch!!
I have now had the new watch for a month. The accuracy is phenomenal. It only lost ONE SECOND in a MONTH (checked against the time standard at NIST) !! This is a 99.99996% accuracy! At that rate I will NEVER have to re-set the time except when I change batteries every 3-4 years, or when I fly to another time zone.

5.0 out of 5 stars looks great!, February 5, 2013
What more should a time piece do be sides look good and tell the time & date? You may need to knock a couple of links out of the band. not too difficult.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits Perfectly, October 7, 2013
This watch fits me and is a perfect replacement for my present Citizen that is now 13 yrs old and still keeping perfect time

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice dress watch!, December 26, 2012
This is a very nice looking watch. Bought it for our boss for Christmas. He loved it.
I think it's a little fancy for every day wear but, he doesn't . All in all it made a nice presentation
It has a nice weight to it and is very comfortable. Did have to have it sized, needed a few links
Removed. I would recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice dressy watch, June 13, 2013
Bought this for my husband. He loves the look. The band needed 2 links removed and did it himself-would have been better to take to jeweler as it was a little tricky, but he was successful. Classy black face and numbers. Not Eco, but price reflects this--worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Citizen Gold Tone, December 4, 2013
It actually is more impressive on hand. I found a Citizen dealer close by and took it to them so they could take out a couple of links as the band was too large for my wrist. $10.00 for the work. How easy that was. Bottom line, this is a very nice watch and will make a fine addition to anyone's jewelry collection. I am very happy with this watch. I think that if you purchase this watch that you will be pleasantly surprised once you have in front of you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, beautiful watch, goes great with gold wedding bands, all clothing...bought 2!, December 4, 2013
This is my 2nd watch to add to the first...I love it and the 1st actually still works, but I wanted to have another in case they discontinue this model...it's simply a gorgeous and great timekeeping watch. Original battery is still going after 3 + years...super accurate too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Citizen Watches Rule!!, October 31, 2013
This product is awesome! I've been looking for this watch everywhere, but to no avail! I will continue to buy all of my watches from here, in the future. I will akso advice all of my friends to do the same. The price was fantastic!

4.0 out of 5 stars Will buy again and recommend to others, May 13, 2014
As expected from pre purchase description. Quite satisfied looks nice color and the face of watch is sleek. Can improve on the tone of the band

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice!, June 25, 2014
This is a nice looking watch. I bought it as a gift for my Dad and he really liked it. It is thin and not heavy on the wrist. Had to take it to a local jeweler to have links taken out but that was no big deal. Makes a nice gift.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›