5.0 out of 5 stars Nicer than shown the pictures
Published on July 11, 2009 by William S. Dubel

1.0 out of 5 stars One year deal. Warning.
Watch was a 2013 Christmas gift to my spouse and a little over a year later, the stem falls off. It has a five year warranty except for, you guessed it, one thing is the stem.
Published 8 days ago by Bill

5.0 out of 5 stars Nicer than shown the pictures, July 11, 2009
When I first saw this watch on Amazon I loved the style but did not like the apparent gold accent around the face (slightly visible in the photo). However, I saw the watch in person at a local store and the actual watch does not have this accent. So, I believe the color shown around the face is just an artifact of the lighting in the picture taken. Anyway, I much prefer the look without the accent and ordered from Amazon, who had the best value with the manufacturer's warranty. Be careful if you shop from other sources, as you may find it cheaper though without the original warranty from Citizen.

I just received the watch yesterday so I can't comment on accuracy or the longevity, but will say the watch is exactly what I was looking for. As another reviewer noted, there is an embossed looping/flower pattern behind the marker area of the face which provides nice detail. Also, the 12, 6, and 9 locations have small phosphor dots, along with the hands, for night readability. The face crystal is almost flush with the metal casing of the watch, so I imagine some extra care might be needed to avoid scratching the glass. I removed about five of the links for proper fitting which was easy to do with a simple link remover tool, so the watch should fit a decent range of wrist sizes. Some of the band links arrived with minor scuffs, though expect to get more scuffs through normal wear anyway. For gift presentation, the watch arrives in a very nice cylindrical "Citizen Eco-Drive" box - something you would expect to find a nice piece of jewelry in.

Two final notes if this is your first date watch: First, you do not need to cycle through 24 hours to advance the date indication; the crown pulls to an intermediate position for that. Second, since the date advances every other time the hour hand crosses the 12th hour, you must consider if the watch is tracking the AM or PM when you set the time. Otherwise, you may see the date advance at noon instead of midnight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Attractive, comfortable watch., September 21, 2007
Intermediate computer user (Modesto, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I've had this watch for a month. I'm very happy with it. The pushbutton that opens the fold-over clasp is so easy to use. I had some links removed and it fits me perfectly without turning on my wrist. It's very comfortable, and I love the appearance. I have thin wrists and the size is not overwhelming.

The hands are luminous but I must say I have never found that feature particularly useful on a watch. I do wish the watch had a nightlight. It has a date but I don't rely on my watch for the date.

I wanted an Eco-Drive watch because when a watch battery dies, it's so inconvenient to have the battery replaced. It's too soon to know how well the watch's self-charging system works in the long haul. So far, the watch keeps perfect time and it's totally silent.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite everyday watch, April 28, 2008
I wear this almost every day, it was my first experience with an Eco-Drive and I have since bought a second Eco-Drive. I cannot say enough about the Eco-Drive, because I dislike having to get batteries replaced in watches. I wear batteries out very quickly for some reason. This is a perfect size for the medium to large ladies wrist, and even on a petite woman it would not be too large. The links are smooth and the pink face has faint flower-petal outlines which do not show up in the photo, a very nice touch. The hands illuminate in the dark which is a pleasant surprise on the nightstand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought it for my lady..., February 18, 2010
I bought this for my lady for Valentine's Day and she wears it every day. She loves it and it looks better in person. The pictures do not do it justice. Just remember to charge it when you first get it according to the instructions. This was brought to my attention when my lady told me that it was losing time - once we charged it properly it kept time correctly. A beautiful choice.

FYI - According to Citizen Europe, laboratory test showed that after 20 years the secondary battery retains a power storage capacity of 80%. Citizen states that their lubricants for Long-Lasting Precision Equipment when used in watches, timepiece movements remain smooth for a long time as the oil does not harden even after 20 years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique, good-looking eco-drive watch, May 30, 2009
I originally purchased a different eco-drive for my wife and wasn't that thrilled with its looks...then I saw this one and instantly ordered it for her.

Very unique look with the pink face (which my wife instantly commented on when she opened it). Also has glow in dark hands ( a great feature ) and a second hand.

My wife is very pleased with this watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, March 14, 2010
I haven't had to purchase a watch battery in over 5 years now. I purchased the same watch, except in titanium with a black face in 2004 and loved it so much that when I saw this one I had to have it. I use this one for weekends and use my older one for work. I just wish they made the titanium one with a pink face because it is so much lighter than the stainless steel. The Eco-Drive is the the only way to go if you are tired of replacing watch batteries. It gets it's power from the sun(or any other light source). LOVE IT

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to adjust, March 26, 2014
Love this watch! Simple, elegant, feminine, and pink! To take out links, get a paperclip and pliers to give you a good grip on the paperclip. Inside the band you will see arrows. On top of link, press paperclip hard (with pliers for grip) down on pin in the direction arrow points to. Bottom of pin is wider so when replacing pin, narrow side goes in first. Then with paper towel to protect watch link, use pliers to squeeze pin back into place. Piece of cake. Hope this helps you save a trip to the jewelry store.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wife loves her Eco Drive Watch., January 15, 2014
My wife Loved her Christmas Gift, Highly Recommended, easy to set the time and Date. Happy, Happy, Happy Wifey..Thanks, 5 stars !!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, Difficult to Adjust, October 5, 2012
Doug Martin (Ronaoke, VA United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my wife and she is as happy with it as I have been with my eco-drive watch. These watches allow you more time between wearing it before it discharges than an automatic watch. The dial is a nice color and it is a very nice looking watch.

My only complaint on the watch is it is not easy to adjust from home. To take the band down in size requires a trip to a jewelry store, custom tools, or a sense of innovation and adventure to do it from home.

5.0 out of 5 stars Citizen, July 24, 2013
This is my second Citizen watch. They are very accurate, stylish and durable. I discovered when I was in the hospital that my nurse's watch, like the one above, was very readable. So I got one just like her's - right down to the pink face! I just love it!

Citizen Women's EW1170