5.0 out of 5 stars citizen eco drive black leather strap watch
I love the style of this watch. It can be worn casual or a little dressed up. I did find the leather strap is very stiff. It is a croc design strap. Citizen is a great brand. I was also told that as long as I exposed this to sunlight or artifical lightning, it will last a lifetime. Only time will know for sure but I'm quite happy with this purchase.
Published 20 months ago by Lori

3.0 out of 5 stars The blue don't look like the picture!
Just so so,The blue is not very pretty,Don't look like the picture!
Published 9 days ago by zouzheng

5.0 out of 5 stars citizen eco drive black leather strap watch, March 30, 2013
Lori (Connecticut) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Citizen Women's EW1568-04A Eco-Drive Black Leather Strap Casual Watch (Watch)

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, December 6, 2013
This is a beautiful watch! As another reviewer stated, the blue hands are much darker than the picture, but I still love the watch. No complaints!

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful watch, May 20, 2014
Deborah Scharf (Alton, IL United States) - See all my reviews
I liked the look of this watch the instant I saw it. The hands and numbers are not as blue as the picture shows; they are a pale, silvery blue that looks perfect with the silver bezel. I have a large wrist, but the leather strap is long enough for me. I wear the watch everywhere.
I bought this watch because batteries don't work on me. I was tired of having to replace them every 4 months or so. So far (a week), I haven't had any trouble with the Eco-Drive.

5.0 out of 5 stars A timeless classic, May 22, 2014
This watch is exactly what I had been looking for to no avail in the department stores. I had wanted a simple and easy to read watch face, not the bling and glitz that is "in" right now, just a quality watch that could be worn at any time, casual or dress. Not that I do much dress, I work with wildlife and need to keep track of time when I have to feed dozens of hungry little mouths. Running out to have a dead battery replaced is costly and the thing always dies when I am the busiest, so I was looking into self winding watches when the eco drive caught my eye. At first I thought there would be ugly panels alongside the clasp or watch band, but no, this technology is well hidden inside the watch.

The inner circle sports a dainty off-white herringbone design and I assume that this is the part where light enters to power the gears. The outer circle, where the Roman numerals are, is an off-white mother of pearl. The numerals and hands are a metallic vivid blue and depending on the light they look almost black or striking blue. The date window is tiny but readable, though only with glasses now in my case. There is no day window, which for me means it is easier to set.

The diameter of the watch is 1 3/16". But it doesn't look like a men's watch at all, it is just a comfortable size to see easily and wear. The black leather band feels a tad stiff because it's new but not uncomfortable at all. It measures 5/8" at the watch face and tapers to 1/2" at the clasp. In warmer weather I prefer leather bands because they breathe and don't stick as much as stainless steel bands.

This is simply a gorgeous time piece and I am glad that I followed my gut when I saw it. The eco drive is just the icing on the cake: no more dead batteries, ever again! It worked flawlessly right out the box, and setting was a breeze. You can't go wrong with this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Watch, March 16, 2014
After paying $35.00 for a battery for my last watch, which then didn't work again, I decided to go with a Citizen. The strap is perfect for a very small wrist like mine, it does not slide off to the side like most watch straps. It is a beautiful stylish watch and easy to read. I love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Elegant Watch., December 11, 2014
This is an elegant watch, the hands are dark blue as beautiful as the sea around Saipan Island. I got compliment from everyone who saw it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great watch but the blue numbers and dial are darker than pictured, November 9, 2013
smyoshi "Sandy" (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
It's a great watch and comfortable to wear. The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is that the numbers and the dial are quite a bit darker than the photo. I really liked the lighter blue color in the Amazon website photo, but I suppose that's not Citizen's fault -- the actual watch is more conservative looking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Woman's Solar Watch, February 1, 2014
I love this watch. The band is good quality. The hands are turquoise - nice look. I am happy to find an attractive watch that uses light to keep working.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, February 28, 2013
Well worth the price, great quality...it is bigger than it appears online and the band is stiff but those are just minor observations...

4.0 out of 5 stars Not perfect but almost exactly what I was looking for--recommend, November 7, 2014
I enjoy watches and have always had several at any time. Before Eco Drive, they were often all dormant, waiting for a battery replacment. Now I have a couple of Eco Drive models and couldn't be happier. I wanted a larger diameter watch for casual wear and chose this one. It is very nice. The size is perfect--just large enough to have that "boyfriend watch" vibe but still obviously a woman's watch. The band is stiff out of the box but will soften with wear. The watch gets four stars instead of five for two reasons: first, I am not a fan of the blue hands. True, they are not as bright as in the picture unless the light hits them a certain way, but I find the blue distracting. Second, as others have mentioned, the date indicator is too small to read and therefore doesn't really serve a function other than decorative. I do think the watch is more stylish with the date indicator, and I probably would not use it much if at all even if I could read it, but I can't give the watch five stars with that flaw. Overall, I am pleased with the watch,it serves my purpose exactly and is another winner for Citizen Eco-Drive.