Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on December 11, 2014
This is an elegant watch, the hands are dark blue as beautiful as the sea around Saipan Island. I got compliment from everyone who saw it.
review image
55 comments|51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon May 22, 2014
This watch is exactly what I had been looking for to no avail in the department stores. I had wanted a simple and easy to read watch face, not the bling and glitz that is "in" right now, just a quality watch that could be worn at any time, casual or dress. Not that I do much dress, I work with wildlife and need to keep track of time when I have to feed dozens of hungry little mouths. Running out to have a dead battery replaced is costly and the thing always dies when I am the busiest, so I was looking into self winding watches when the eco drive caught my eye. At first I thought there would be ugly panels alongside the clasp or watch band, but no, this technology is well hidden inside the watch.

The inner circle sports a dainty off-white herringbone design and I assume that this is the part where light enters to power the gears. The outer circle, where the Roman numerals are, is an off-white mother of pearl. The numerals and hands are a metallic vivid blue and depending on the light they look almost black or striking blue. The date window is tiny but readable, though only with glasses now in my case. There is no day window, which for me means it is easier to set.

The diameter of the watch is 1 3/16". But it doesn't look like a men's watch at all, it is just a comfortable size to see easily and wear. The black leather band feels a tad stiff because it's new but not uncomfortable at all. It measures 5/8" at the watch face and tapers to 1/2" at the clasp. In warmer weather I prefer leather bands because they breathe and don't stick as much as stainless steel bands.

This is simply a gorgeous time piece and I am glad that I followed my gut when I saw it. The eco drive is just the icing on the cake: no more dead batteries, ever again! It worked flawlessly right out the box, and setting was a breeze. You can't go wrong with this one.
on March 16, 2014
After paying $35.00 for a battery for my last watch, which then didn't work again, I decided to go with a Citizen. The strap is perfect for a very small wrist like mine, it does not slide off to the side like most watch straps. It is a beautiful stylish watch and easy to read. I love it.
on March 30, 2013
I love the style of this watch. It can be worn casual or a little dressed up. I did find the leather strap is very stiff. It is a croc design strap. Citizen is a great brand. I was also told that as long as I exposed this to sunlight or artifical lightning, it will last a lifetime. Only time will know for sure but I'm quite happy with this purchase.
on December 6, 2013
This is a beautiful watch! As another reviewer stated, the blue hands are much darker than the picture, but I still love the watch. No complaints!
on May 20, 2014
I liked the look of this watch the instant I saw it. The hands and numbers are not as blue as the picture shows; they are a pale, silvery blue that looks perfect with the silver bezel. I have a large wrist, but the leather strap is long enough for me. I wear the watch everywhere.
I bought this watch because batteries don't work on me. I was tired of having to replace them every 4 months or so. So far (a week), I haven't had any trouble with the Eco-Drive.
on January 16, 2016
I have collected too many battery watches in my life, and have always replaced my own batteries. After breaking both a stem and a crystal in recent battery repairs, I thought it time to consider moving up and on to solar - which a friend had recommended as a lifelong replacement, never needing a battery. After reading reviews and such, I went to the classics I have loved, Seiko and Citizen. In making this purchase, I am replacing a classic wristwatch that I wear more than most. I wanted simple, easy to read, leather band for every day. I don't need the date field, but few watches in this group come without. The size is perfect for a 7 1/2 inch wrist. I like to watches whose face is at or above 30mm, and this is just over that. The watch keeps excellent time, to the second, as I have reviewed these recent weeks. I loved the idea of solar so much, I had already purchased an additional two watches - to feed my new addition to NO battery changes - and love all three. The only negative I have on this watch, and in comparison to two solars from the Seiko line, is that the crystal of this watch has a smoky cast to it. I don't see that other mineral crystals that I have had have ever had this effect, and I can't be sure that this isn't something due to the solar property of the watch - which I thought was accounted for in the face of the watch, which does have a silver cast. So, while I love the watch in general and for some of the specifics, I occasionally find the smoky cast of the crystal can make it a bit hazy in appearance. For the money, you still can't match the quality or the brand.
on July 7, 2014
Very nice watch of perfect size (not too small, not too big, definitely women's size). You can easily read the dial (large dark blue numbers on greyish white). Look better in reality than online. Eco-drive function is great, no need to dial. Like the watch so much that will be also getting this model in golden color.
on May 28, 2015
This watch is very easy to read. In some light the numerals and hands appear to be black instead of blue. This is not a problem for me because the watch is so easy to read. The date window could be a little larger, but I knew it was small before I purchased the watch. As others have said, the watchband is a little stiff, but I think it will become more supple with wear. This is a good watch to wear every day.
on November 9, 2013
It's a great watch and comfortable to wear. The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is that the numbers and the dial are quite a bit darker than the photo. I really liked the lighter blue color in the Amazon website photo, but I suppose that's not Citizen's fault -- the actual watch is more conservative looking.