5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful watch
I bought this watch a few weeks ago. I wear it daily and get a lot of nice comments about it. It keeps time well and is both dressy and durable. The face is easy to read, the clasp secures well and the date is not to big, but can be easily read, plus I'm looking forward to not having to do the battery changes!
Published on September 12, 2008 by Laura B.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cannot read in the dark. :(
This is a nice looking watch. I like having the day and date and of course love not having to buy batteries. I HATE that it doesn't light up. I should have done my research better I know, but I was mislead by the description terminology of being powered by natural a a light and the adjective use of "luminous." I just assumed it would be read-able in the dark. I...
Published 7 months ago by Roxy S.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful watch, September 12, 2008
This review is from: Citizen Women's EW3144-51A Eco-Drive Sport Two-Tone Watch (Watch)

5.0 out of 5 stars Four years and counting., January 11, 2010
I've had this watch for 4 years now. No scratches or cosmetic problems, and it keeps ticking away without need of a battery change.

It's a very well made watch. Maybe the last I'll ever buy if it keeps working like this!

5.0 out of 5 stars citizen watch, January 11, 2009
Very nice watch. Esp. like the part about buying no batterys. My wife loves it and the band with the gold is very pretty. Have had no problems except I had to remove almost all of the links because or her size. This was done very easy after I made my own link remover.
Also like the water resistance and tough glass front.

5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied buyer, January 18, 2010
J. Johnson (Wesley Chapel, FL USA) - See all my reviews
Since Citizen seems to keep a tight rein on prices, the price paid was exactly the same as the rest of the companies selling the watch. Benefit was no shipping or sales tax. Watch is exactly what my wife wanted and works perfectly. The date is large enough that she can read it, a major point in the decision of which watch to buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift for an elderly person, September 19, 2009
I own the smaller Citizen women watch which I love (I reviewed it separately). But for my mother, who is in her 70's and struggles with changing batteries, seeing the screen etc, I thought a bigger watch was necessary. She loved it! Easy to see the numbers, getting the day of the month and the day of the week (maybe when you're older, it's an welcome addition), it was a great gift for her.
The only problem I see her facing, is changing the date a few times a year at the beginning of the month, because the watch goes automatically day by day up to 31st, but obviously not all the months of the year have 31 days, so you have to change that yourself, or decide you will not care about what date it shows.These Japanese, they have to figure this one out, there must be a way...

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely , well-priced ,watch, September 22, 2011
Lady S (Connecticut USA) - See all my reviews
The eco-drive is an excellent feature of this streamlined , attractive , well-priced watch . It is professional looking for work , and dressy enough after hours.
overall a good value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Citizen watch review, February 1, 2010
I give this watch 5 stars. It is everything the add described. The band was a few links too big but had them removed at a local jeweler for $10. Very easy to take off and close the clasp with push botton clasp. I would definitely do business again with Amazon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch, December 23, 2011
Have been on the hunt for a an octagonal two tone watch with either tick marks or roman numerals, and a champaign dial. This is pretty close, and I am happy with the quality. I like the idea of never needing to replace the battery. The bracelet is generously sized; most will need to remove a few links. (You don't need a special tool, just a paper clip and needle nosed pliers: push the pins down in the direction of the arrows against a layer of cloth or tissue. The pins will pop right out.)

I took off one star for the goofy half-second tick marks on the face of the watch, though. What earthly use is a half-second tick mark on an analog watch with an indexed second-hand that mechanically CAN'T stop between full seconds? It's just visual clutter, and makes the dial look like it is ringed with stubble. It's a really unfortunate effect since the watch otherwise looks elegant. However, there aren't so many two tone watches with dodecagons (and I failed to find an octagon) around the dial. They look very classy and people comment on the shape. I like the look of the rest of the watch well enough to keep it and am training my eyes to ignore the 120 tick marks around the edge of the dial. Overall, a nice watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful watch, September 29, 2011
This watch is beautiful. The dial is large enough to read the day and date, but not so big it doesn't overpower the wrist. The clasp is easy to use and firmly locks in place so no fear of the watch falling off. Highly recommend this watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars My every-day watch!, April 6, 2009
wear this watch everyday and it is holding up great no scratches on the face at all!

Citizen Women's EW3144-51A Eco-Drive Sport Two-Tone Watch